shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you suffer from Diamond Fever?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cassandra

Shiny_Rock
Do you find yourself constantly browsing website after website, looking for another pretty diamond to satisfy your "sparkle itch"?

Do you severely annoy your Significant Other with constant, "Look at this one!" comments.

Do you swear you will stop searching for diamonds, only to find a week or two later you are back into full swing with those search engines?

You too could be suffering from Diamond Fever!

Recommended cures:

The only known cure seems to be to satisfy that craving with a brand new sparkly of your own.
9.gif

If you suffer from "lack of funding" for your sparklies, set aside an empty coffee can and toss any loose change or small bills into it and let it be for about two years. Then, count your savings and go on the hunt for that new sparkly!!

This "public service announcement" has been brought to you by... me. An admitted Diamond Fever sufferer!!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Haha, Cassandra, my DH thought we were done with our quest once we purchased my set. Little did he know, that was *only* the beginning.
11.gif
9.gif
11.gif
9.gif
12.gif

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
So for two years what is the recommended treatment for outward symptoms? Is there a patch, like a moissanite pendant, or perhaps a hand cut CZ ring? PLEASE HELP!

I am starting to lose the ones I love...I am holed up in front of the computer, staring and feeling twitches...I have to fight the urge to reach for my wallet. It's worse at work. I work so close to the diamond district. I have to pass it to get to a subway. I find I break out in hives when I see a 8ct ring or a diamonds by the yard necklace. I have stopped eating... HELP!
cry.gif

winyan

Brilliant_Rock
I have it too, thus the interest in coated czs.

Of course, if I win the lottery, or find employment, I can satisfy it, once again!!

11.gif

win

doxiemom

Rough_Rock
Hi. My name is doxiemom, and I suffer from diamond fever............
9.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I too have contracted this insidious syndrome. I have noted other symptoms to the ones that you mention. These are:

paranoia - everyone has bigger better diamonds than you
delusions - sufferers believe that the next diamond will be the last one they will ever desire
sleep disruption - dreams and even nightmares concerning the purchase and delivery (or worse, non-delivery) of diamond items may ensue

WARNING!! This syndrome could prove fatal. Partners can be pushed to extremes by the sufferer's obssesion.

Sadly, other than going cold turkey, there is very little hope for sufferers and there is always a risk of a relapse. There is some talk that in the future diamonds should carry a wealth warning.

AmantdeChat

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for the service message Cass. I have all the aforementioned symptoms and they seem to be getting worse!
2.gif
Oh how I look forward to the day when my itch will be scratched...of course that just means another itch will move in to take it's place, but one step at a time...one step at a time.
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
ooooh, I LOVE the cure for this disorder
1.gif
lol

FWIW, I know now I have a serious problem. I vented on a non diamond mommy list about being banned from you know where and only TWO moms out of 30+ members responded and one said specifically that she thought is was "weird" that there is such a thing as a diamond list
6.gif
Can you imagine!?! lol When I found PS and DT I finally discovered there WAS a god after all
1.gif
hahaha

Of course most others probably just think we're strange.
rolleyes.gif

Michelle

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Although I do suffer from diamond fever, currently my more serious affliction is "pendantitis"

3.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes yes...I think I have this affliction.
6.gif

I actually have been petitioning my darling fiance for a little annual diamond fund...to which he just laughs at me (for now!). However, I have decided (unbenownst to him) that I am going to just take my quarterly bonuses which fly under the domestic CFO radar, and put those into an account. Then hit him up at the end of the year for a 'matching contribution'. That should net me a SWEET bauble each year (or eventually an upgrade).
9.gif

Oh and as for friends thinking you are PSYCHO...yes I get it too. At lunch today I was rambling on about wanting to trade in my diamond earrings for some better cut, smaller ACA's. My coworker/friend listens to me babble on daily so I'm not shocked about the blank stare...but then he said 'They are just earrings, does it matter if they are well-cut.'. HELLO! Just earrings! Of course that sent me off on a 10 minute long explanation on how having smaller, better cut earrings is better long-term than larger non-ideals etc and how Greg's ACA really opened my eyes. Insane? Psycho? NOOO....
11.gif

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
Oh heavens yes. I have a terminal case of this disease.

And it is funny, some one says something simple, such as I like you ring, and you want to give them a 20 minute dissertation on the cut, color, and clarity. People at my office avoid making any comments concerning jewelry around me for just that reason.

Great Thread!
appl.gif

sirene

Rough_Rock
Yes, I too have the "fever". Luckily, you're all so understanding--unlike the rest of the people in my life
wacko.gif

Love your avatar, Cassandra!

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I suffer from a virulent strain of that disease wristwatchitis. I leave the SO out of it, however. But I constantly browse many sites looking for new, or used watches. I don't buy as many as I look at, nor as many as I did in the past, but they still catch my eye.

And straps too! Just like a new setting changes the whole aspect of a gemstone, a strap or bracelet really changes the whole look of the watch.

The photo shows a cabinet of 18 drawers, each one stuffed full of various straps, bracelets, buckles, watch tools, etc.

It's great fun!

Drawers.jpg

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, my name is Tomatoe, and I am have been suffering from Diamond Fever since I was 16. LMAO. I know for a fact that the diamond I am getting is bigger (& definitely a unique cut) than the average diamond e-ring where I come from and hopefully, that will appease me for the time being
11.gif

I bug my SO with constantly chanting , "diamond, diamond, diamond" to him at odd occasions.
5.gif

PMR

Rough_Rock
Yes, I admit, I have the fever reaaalllly bad. I just currently sold my diamond and ready to go for the big one! I have been searching the internet for over week and have been loving it! Of course, my poor husband, just doesn't understand. Tonight as the poor guy was trying to enjoy his pizza and Friday night beer, I started to tell him about my search for my 2.0 ct. diamond. I went on about clarity, cut, color and my chosen vendor. I proceeded to tell him about one color versus another acting like I was talking to my good old friend, Diamondlil. The poor guy looked bored to tears not to mention I could feel his blood pressure boiling because he was thinking of the amount of money it was going to cost him. Besides, this is for my 40th and I do deserve it after being married to this wonderful person for 19 years! Don't you all agree?!!! PMR
12.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
LMAO!!!!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Diamondlil

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
And another thing, PMR, stick to your budget or your husband won't let you hang out with me anymore!!!!! As a matter of fact, don't even mention my name to him when the topic is diamonds -- very bad idea.
3.gif

Diamondlil

PMR

Rough_Rock
After 19 years of marriage my husband knows I NEVER stick to the budget, so it won't surprise him if I didn't! Actually, it would probably surprise him if I did! Don't worry Diamondlil, I don't have to mention your name anymore, he knows you're to blame!!! PMR

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I do suffer from this chronic illness.
I could be the spokesperson for this affliction!
2.gif
Well, one of them at least.

There should be like a 10 step program for Diamond Fever-
1- buy diamond solitaire
2- buy diamond studs
3- buy diamond wedding band
4- buy diamond anniversary band
5- buy diamond pendant
6- buy diamond bracelet
7- buy diamond eternity band
8- buy upgrade diamond solitaire
9- buy diamond bra
10-buy diamond studded shoes

No one understands, either. Not my husband, not my friends, not my family, not my co-workers. Even my three year old daughter, God Bless her, she doesn't even understand.

The other day my husband came home from work and asked my daughter where Mommy was, and she rolled her eyes and said she's looking for diamonds on the compooter! How could she betray me like this?

Do you know how it feels to have no one to talk to about diamonds? The sleepless nights? the night sweats and the chills? The constant searching for the perfect setting, only to find 4 of them and then having to choose just one?
Or what about the nagging feeling that you need to upgrade your 10 carat diamond to at least 15?
It's so hard, someone, please help me
cry.gif
errrr.gif

pinkangel

Rough_Rock
No one to talk to...no one understands!

That's why this place is so great.

Of course spending too much time here can sometimes make the symptoms worse, much worse!
wink2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
my nick is strmrdr and I am a gemstoneaholic.
I do not want to be cured.

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
Platinum & Diamonds
Nope, I do not want a cure.....I am happy to suffer!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I have Jewelry Fever. Diamonds are just one symtom of the affliction.
errrr.gif

Cassandra

Shiny_Rock
Lol! This thread has turned out great!

Nicrez, I'm afraid if you start investing in CZ's to tide over your Diamond Fever, you might contract CZ Fever!

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I'm afraid there may be no cure for Diamond fever. So what's left but to say, BRING IT ON!!
naughty.gif
9.gif

Bagpuss

Brilliant_Rock
Kayla's story:

The other day my husband came home from work and asked my daughter where Mommy was, and she rolled her eyes and said she's looking for diamonds on the compooter! How could she betray me like this?

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

luvmysparklies

Brilliant_Rock
What a great thread! Yes I suffer from it too! I was at a mall yesterday and saw some ideal cut diamonds sparkling like crazy. I was very tempted to buy this pretty flower ring! The thing is though, I automatically go into pricescope mode and think..."hmm, I could probably get even better H&A stones cheaper on PS, then I could go bigger."
love.gif

tessa

Shiny_Rock
I am NOT an addict.
I can quit any time I want to.

I just don't want to!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Kayla, I was laughing so hard at your post...No kids to give me away, but my coworkers at work have accepted my "issues". My friend Maggie just looks over at my screen and rolls her eyes. Then proceeds to show me a "really nice setting" at HER desk. I caused the fever at my office. My friends Lisa and Maggie are both looking at diamond websites now too!!! LOL

I have yet to contract CZ fever, but some evil person posted some great sites to check out for gemstones in the COlored Gemstones threads...and now....somehow...I don't know how...they got bookmarked into my web faves..."Oops! I did it again!" - Britney Spears
11.gif
9.gif

I got it baad. I dream about inventing new cuts that sparkle MORE, and last night I was on a spaceship heading to my diamond in the sky...that trillion+ carat star named Lucy. I chipped off a few chunks to make some daily tiaras, you know, one for every day of the week...I woke up panting and drooling. I NEED HELP!!!
errrr.gif
9.gif
naughty.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hee Hee Nic...I used to dream about diamonds too when I was waiting for my e-ring. You will have a temporary reprieve when you get your new one but then it will start ALL OVER AGAIN soon after. Beware...
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results