shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you still wear perfume in public? Maybe you should stop

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i like my perfume, and will continue to wear it.

other people''s perfume doesn''t really bother me. the sense of smell is the one closest tied to memory. i love when i catch a whiff of chanel no. 5 and get reminded of my grandmother! or sometimes i smell one the reminds me of an ex-boyfriend.

it doesn''t bother me one bit.

i''d much rather sit next to someone on a plane wearing perfume than a crying baby.
2.gif
3.gif
31.gif
11.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree smells can trigger memories, both positive and negative...I can smell certain scents and recall many things from the past...and I love citrus and clean fresh smells...but too much of something is too much...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh yeah, first thing in the morning on casual days (everyone has to come and pay a dollar right behind my desk) make me want to gag. The aroma of recently applied cologne and perfume is horrid. I''m another of the really sensitive nose types as well, and it drives me crazy!!! That said, I can appreciate a subtle hit of scent on someone - but not a smack upside the head! I had to wean DH down from 4 sprays of cologne to 1 or 2...

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2009 3:06:10 PM
Author: TheBigT

Date: 11/30/2009 3:02:58 PM
Author: TooPatient

Am I supposed to skip Yom Kippur services just so someone else can wear perfume?
I was always taught that you''re not supposed to wear perfume or lotion on Yom Kippur!!
Not supposed to wear perfumes, lotions, etc.

The place I attend has signs up and even notes this in the information that is sent to every member with their tickets.

Also not supposed to wear leather shoes (or belts for that matter), jewlery, or use cell phones (especially in the middle of services).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results