shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you still quarantine or sanitize/wash things coming into your home?

• 1 Everything, always

Votes: 6 7.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.7%

• 5 Some things, sometimes

Votes: 8 9.9%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 5 6.2%

• 9 Nothing, never

Votes: 58 71.6%

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sanitize the bottom of my shoes. Having nothing to do with Covid.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wash the things that I used to wash before the pandemic. Nothing new due to the pandemic. I head/read its hard to catch
the virus from surfaces...but you never know. My parents still wash everything down because the virus would probably be fatal for
my Dad.

SparklySasquatch

Rough_Rock
I used to sanitize the things brought into the home only at the very beginning, very early of the pandemic because I live with a severely immunocompromised person. This was the early period when there was discussion it could transfer from surfaces. It did not last long after more and more data came out that it does not spread easily this way. Now it is not even a thought.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not since the very early days of the pandemic. I still have a bottle of sanitizer in the car, but I only use it occasionally. (I pretty much never used sanitizer before the pandemic.) I have developed a pretty regular habit of washing my hands after returning home though, particularly after I’ve been out shopping.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, we never really did. We have always taken our shoes off right at the front door. That's it.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
We did at the beginning of the pandemic, when it was advised to wash groceries. But since the vaccine became available, we've stopped doing so.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Nope never, that would drive me insane. I did slow down on sanitizing door knobs and light switches. Need to go back to that because of flu season, but I’m so tired after working all day.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not washing stuff anymore. Also not going anywhere except one grandchild that’s 3. That grandchild will not be coming this week because other gma is not careful and now has one of the COVID’s. (She is vaxxed)

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock
I never did. Since it always seemed to me to be very unlikely to catch Covid by surface contact, I decided not to bother.
However, I DO wash my hands when I get home, and after putting the groceries away.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i did only at the beginning
it was exhusting bringing the groceries in

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I sanitize the bottom of my shoes. Having nothing to do with Covid.

Do you wear shoes inside, or you sanitize and take off?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you wear shoes inside, or you sanitize and take off?

I sanitize and remove. I don’t wear outside shoes in the house.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, and like @missy, we always take our shoes off as soon as we get through the door, and don’t walk about the house with ‘outdoor’ shoes on.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope. I die a bit inside (well a lot actually,) when I think of all the wipes and disposable masks people are going through.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was extremely cautious with anything that came into the house. I wiped everything down with Lysol wipes or equivalent wipes. I don’t do that anymore. I think I stopped doing that about a year ago. I am very cautious about washing my hands and wiping down the counters with Lysol wipes after I sent the bags down to unload. I did that pre COVID too…

We also take off our shoes when we come in the house.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We quit wiping down grocery items, deliveries and mail last summer. Everything was wiped down before entering the house before we were vaccinated. I was so cautious all water bottle were cleaned before opening them even though they we all wrapped in plastic when purchased. We eased up on wiping every down last summer.

We have never worn shoes in our home.

I will probably wear a KN95 mask shopping indoors for a long time.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
We quit wiping down grocery items, deliveries and mail last summer. Everything was wiped down before entering the house before we were vaccinated. we eased up on wiping every own last summer. We have never worn outside shoes in our home.

I will probably wear a KN95 mask shopping indoors for a long time.

Me too @Calliecake. I will wear the kn95 masks for a really long time. When everyone was going maskless after getting vaccinated..I still wore KN95s. I got some looks but it didn’t bother me at all.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, You and I viewed the pandemic and acted very similar. I was a nervous wreck. My husband jokes that I will probably being wearing a KN95 mask in stores for the next five years.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, You and I viewed the pandemic and acted very similar. I was a nervous wreck. My husband jokes that I will probably being wearing a KN95 mask in stores for the next five years.

Me too..I’m not kidding either..
When was your booster @Calliecake? I got a third dose instead of a booster. I didn’t lie about it but I didn’t exactly do the honest thing. That’s what fear does sometimes. I got the extra dose on September 7. I would have to lie to say I was immunocompromised this time. I can’t bring myself to do it. I wish I knew if the fourth omicron dose was coming for everyone. I’ll feel extra vulnerable until I get the fourth.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@MamaBee, I’m not kidding either. I don’t care if I look ridiculous. We had our booster shots the first week in November. I’m not sure if we should be getting another booster or if we should wait for a new vaccine that is more effective with Omicron. I just heard on GMA that if you have the booster you are covered 90%.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, I’m not kidding either. I don’t care if I look ridiculous. We had our booster shots the first week in November. I’m not sure if we should be getting another booster or if we should wait for a new vaccine that is more effective with Omicron. I just heard on GMA that if you have the booster you are covered 90%.

My biggest concern has been if my parents or brother were to get the virus. My brother is on anti-rejection drugs. He and his family tested positive for Covid early last week. He was very sick and the doctor made him come in for a lung X-ray. He didn’t need to be hospitalized but will probably be sick for the next month. It takes him longer than a month to recover from a simple cold. He is feeling better than last week so that’s really good.. His wife and son started feeling much better after a few days.

My dad wasn't vaccinated. I harnessed him endlessly about getting the vaccine the past year. He passed away suddenly after Christmas. I feel bad for the time I spent telling him he needed the vaccine now. I wish I had spent that time telling him how much I loved him. I never hung up without telling him I loved him but it bothers me that I wasted that time.

I’m so sorry about your dad @Calliecake. Your dad knew why you were telling him to get the vaccine. He knew you loved him..

I’m glad your brother seems to be doing okay considering his health issues. I hope he and his family get better soon.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologize @MamaBee. I’m having a little pity party today.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i must say i was just washing stuff down in hot soapy regular dish washer
i couldnt find half the fancy things you guys talked about at that time

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I apologize @MamaBee. I’m having a little pity party today.

Don’t apologize…I would also be worried about my family and sad that my dad passed so suddenly. Covid just magnifies everything…

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results