shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you still quarantine or sanitize/wash things coming into your home?

Do you still quarantine or sanitize/wash things coming into your home?

• 1 Everything, always

Votes: 6 7.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 3.7%

• 5 Some things, sometimes

Votes: 8 9.9%

Votes: 1 1.2%

Votes: 5 6.2%

• 9 Nothing, never

Votes: 58 71.6%

• Total voters

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Myself--in specific my hands. First thing I do when I get home....all my family does. I work in HC so my hands have been washed a trillion x, that look their more than their age...but at least they are "clean".

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
HI:

Myself--in specific my hands. First thing I do when I get home....all my family does. I work in HC so my hands have been washed a trillion x, that look their more than their age...but at least they are "clean".

cheers--Sharon

i could never stand to eat without showering after work
now im too tired
but also my work is different nowdays at the bakery
but im washing my hands like a million times at work anyway through out the day
i tell the customers we did do this before covid to !! :lol-2:

sometimes i just rush out the back to use actual soap and water to give my hands a rest from the sanatizer - we sanatize each time someone pays by cash - dirty filthy disease infected stuff even before covid
we use tongs and gloves but sometimes i just need to use my hands like if someone wants something difficult cut in half so i say just wait a mo while i go out the back to wash with soap and water and no one ever complains about the wate

before we open we use our hands but always always clean hands like making the sandwhiches
sometimes customers say just use your hands (if something like a cake isnt going into a bag well) but i never do

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
In the Beginning....I washed and bleached Every.Thing. I bleached the doorknobs, mailbox, counters, light switches, you name it. Then after new data (and vaccination) I stopped washing groceries in hot water with soap. I stopped bleaching everything. But I started filling up small spray bottles with alcohol and spritzing our used cloth masks and light switches and sink knobs with it. We always remove our outdoor shoes before going further into the house anyway since I had a baby (5 years ago!).

When I was in my younger years, and pre-pandemic by many years I was not a germ-a-phob by any means whatsoever. I wore outside shoes in the house and I didn't wash my hands 25-50x a day like I do now. I had zero concerns. As I have aged, I have become more worried and traumatized. I have asthma and my father has lupus, so I feel from an "immune compromised' standpoint I have progressed to worrying for a good reason, although other neighbors have called me reclusive and over-reactive. I have found other people to be negligent, in that they don't take any precautions b/c it suits them, without considering their fellow human's situation.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found other people to be negligent, in that they don't take any precautions b/c it suits them, without considering their fellow human's situation.

Ditto your experience. Those people are behaving irresponsibly and not you nor I. Some people don't care a bit about others welfare. And I include all those who refused to get vaccinated without any valid health reasons not to. It is because of those people we are still in a pandemic situation. That is a fact.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI:

Omicron Survives Longer on Plastic, Skin Than Other COVID Variants​

Ralph Ellis
January 25, 2022

"
Japanese researchers say the Omicron variant survives longer on plastic and skin than other COVID-19 variants, one possible explanation for why Omicron has spread so rapidly around the world.
In a lab experiment, samples of different variants were applied to pieces of plastic and human skin collected from autopsies, researchers from Kyoto Prefectural University of Medicine write in bioRxiv. A variant "survived" until it could no longer be detected on the surface.
"This study showed that the Omicron variant also has the highest environmental stability among VOCs [variants of concern], which suggests that this high stability might also be one of the factors that have allowed the Omicron variant to replace the Delta variant and spread rapidly," the researchers write.

On plastic, the Omicron variant samples survived an average of 193.5 hours, a little more than 8 days. By comparison, the other survival times on plastic were 56 hours for the original COVID strain, 191.3 hours for Alpha, 156.6 hours for Beta, 59.3 hours for Gamma, and 114 hours for Delta.

On skin samples, the Omicron samples survived an average of 21.1 hours. The other variants had these average survival times on skin: 8.6 hours for the original version, 19.6 hours for Alpha, 19.1 hours for Beta, 11 hours for Gamma, and 16.8 hours for Delta.
The study found that the variants had more resistance to ethanol than the original strain of COVID. That said, all COVID samples were inactivated after being exposed to alcohol-based hand sanitizers for 15 seconds.
"Therefore, it is highly recommended that current infection control (hand hygiene) practices use disinfectants ... as proposed by the World Health Organization," the researchers write.

The study has not been peer-reviewed.
This research was supported by Adaptable and Seamless Technology Transfer Program through Target-driven R&D (ASTEP) from the Japan Science and Technology Agency (JST) [grant number JPMJTR21UE and JPMJTM20PR], JSPS KAKENHI (grant number 21K16326), Mitsubishi Foundation, and Takeda Science Foundation. The authors have disclosed no relevant financial relationships.

"

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
Ditto your experience. Those people are behaving irresponsibly and not you nor I. Some people don't care a bit about others welfare. And I include all those who refused to get vaccinated without any valid health reasons not to. It is because of those people we are still in a pandemic situation. That is a fact.

Yes! Some people have had to make more sacrifices than others to survive the pandemic up until this point. I know you totally get it. I am with you in feeling frustration over people who refuse to put the greater good of all first and just get vaxed. We could have turned a corner by now if they had.

Good to know about that article regarding Omicron on skin and plastic. I am still really careful and I shared that article with my mom. I always remind her to wash her hands after touching the mail. She was of the mind that it was mostly transmitted through respiratory droplets, which was true for other previous variants. I always err on the side of caution. Thanks for sharing that. I hope you and yours stay well through all this!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I still am careful with my hands and I still wear masks. When I come from home I immediately wash my hands, my mask (if I was indoors) immediately gets put in the washer. I'm in freaking florida so yeah I'm careful. Having had covid once though I'm ever thankful for having been vaccinated, I'm not welcoming it again.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results