shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you sleep with your SO?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

White Orchid

Shiny_Rock
Yes, I am talking about sleep!

My aunt and uncle have separate bedrooms and I''ve always found that strange. But after the 1000th night of my husband coming to bed 2 hours before I have to wake up for work, I''m starting to see the merit in it!

Anyone else have to deal with this?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We do sleep together. Some nights if he''s up late working he''ll fall asleep on the couch, but he always wakes up around 2 and comes to bed.

Some people sleep in separate bedrooms because of snoring issues. I know married couples who''s marriage was saved because of separate bedrooms.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
the only time I don''t sleep with DH is if I''m really sick - and sadly, it''s for me, not for him. I don''t like getting jostled, cuddled, etc if I''m sick, and if I''m in the guestroom, I''m closer to the bathroom. But otherwise, I can''t sleep if I don''t have DH next to me.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I won''t sleep with my husband if he has thrown up. I hate vomit and am always nervous of catching a bug. Other than that we never sleep apart.

niccia

Shiny_Rock
Only when he is not in the doghouse....seriously though, I would never want separate beds. Apparently I am really annoying to sleep with because I can never get close enough and I like to steal the covers :)

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always sleep with D. He usually goes to bed a lot later than I do but I can go back to sleep in a second so it doesn''t bother me.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There were threats to kick him out early on when he was going to bed a couple of hours after me and I couldn''t get back to sleep. We''ve both made some changes so that it''s easier and still sleep in the same room.

fleur.de.lys.88

Rough_Rock
In all honesty I cannot sleep without him. If either one of us is out of town on business we don''t sleep very well.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
We usually share a bed, but if he is snoring I often end up on the couch after laying there for a while trying to sleep.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on how bad my husband''s snoring is. I usually end up in the guest room a couple nights per week, but most of the time we''re together.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 4:59:37 PM
Author: bee*
I always sleep with D. He usually goes to bed a lot later than I do but I can go back to sleep in a second so it doesn''t bother me.
Same here. I do think I probably sleep a little more soundly when he''s out of town because he comes to bed so late and wakes up a lot.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
We always sleep together. B snores, but I am such a sound sleeper that it doesn''t bother me at night. The only time I can''t take the snoring is when he naps on the couch while I''m awake and trying to do something. It''s loud!

InLuv101

Brilliant_Rock
We always sleep in the same bed. DH always go to sleep hours after I do, but he just watches TV in bed. Luckily it doesn''t bother me. He jokes that every night I fall asleep 2.5 seconds after I say goodnight, lol.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Always. If one of us has to get up earlier, we are just quiet. DH has gotten really good at it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We sleep together only when he''s not on call. When he is on call, he often makes 2-4 trips to the hospital between midnight & 5 a.m. and I decided long ago that there''s no reason for both of us to be sleep deprived. Heck, we even chose our house to accommodate the issue -- split design with master bedroom on one side and spare bedrooms on the other. The spare bedrooms are on the garage side so he can come and go and I never hear him.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
SO and I always sleep together when we are local. Funny thing is, I would never kick him out and put him on the couch. If I am upset, I pack up and head for the couch, which I guess is effective. He always comes to get me, it makes him really sad.
28.gif

SO falls asleep really easily and quickly, and he likes to snuggle at bed time. I usually let him fall asleep then sneak out of bed to call my friend in CA and watch trashy tv.
3.gif
Then I crawl back into his arms later, and we pick up where we left off. However, if I go to bed first, light and sound really bother me, and I toss and turn and have a terrible time! It''s really awful, but I have never resorted to sleeping elsewhere... yet.

I''ve also heard that couples should never have a king size bed, because it promotes distance. I''m not sure if that factors in the dog though...
1.gif

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Before we were married, we lived together but kept separate bedrooms (at least during the week) so that SOMETHING would be different after we got married. I think we both actually slept better because our schedules are so different, but I don''t think I''d go back to it without a really good reason now.

Every once in a while one of us will sleep in the other room for things like sickness, an extreme schedule change, etc. Also, since our schedules are often really different, in the morning the one who gets up earlier will often get ready in the other room to not wake the sleeping one, so we both keep clothes and stuff in the guest room, which sometimes feels weird to me.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Of course!!
41.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Unless one of us is out of town...we always sleep together.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I go to bed hours earlier than FI. He will put me to bed, then come back out and watch TV, etc. He says when he gets to bed, he makes me roll over to hold him.

I don''t sleep well when he or I are out of town. So, we always sleep together.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, thank goodness he doesn''t snore!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 5:55:12 PM
Author: trillionaire
SO and I always sleep together when we are local. Funny thing is, I would never kick him out and put him on the couch. If I am upset, I pack up and head for the couch, which I guess is effective. He always comes to get me, it makes him really sad.
28.gif

SO falls asleep really easily and quickly, and he likes to snuggle at bed time. I usually let him fall asleep then sneak out of bed to call my friend in CA and watch trashy tv.
3.gif
Then I crawl back into his arms later, and we pick up where we left off. However, if I go to bed first, light and sound really bother me, and I toss and turn and have a terrible time! It''s really awful, but I have never resorted to sleeping elsewhere... yet.

I''ve also heard that couples should never have a king size bed, because it promotes distance. I''m not sure if that factors in the dog though...
1.gif
LOL--not in our house! Granted, between the 6''7" tall guy, me being 5''9" myself and two cats, there isn''t THAT much room left over!!!
3.gif

basil

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, at least while we are in the same city! Actually, I like to be really close to him sleeping...we sleep in a twin bed together while at his place, and we''ve been able to do that for months at a time. The double bed we sleep in at my parents'' house is probably the perfect size, and my queen bed is a little bit big but I guess it has room to grow with pets, pregnancy, kids, etc! I hate sleeping in king size beds at hotels cause I always feel there is a giant space between us.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
strange Q...where's elledizzy5?
31.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep! Sometimes I fall asleep on the couch if I stay up too late, but other than that, always! However, I am NOT into cuddling or touching when I''m trying to sleep, and luckily neither is he!

Also, it works out well because I almost always go to bed after him and he''s a very sound sleeper. I''m a very light sleeper, so if he comes to bed after me I always wake up.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I normally go to sleep after he does. Luckily he doesn''t wake up most of the time.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
If one of us is congested, we''ll sleep in the recliner..he has a hiatal (sp) hernia, and if that acts up, he sleeps in the recliner. We''ve never been on the same schedule since we''ve been married-I''ve always worked days, and he worked 2nd shift for a while, and then overnights for a year, and now back to 2nd shift. He snores terribly, so I''m always hollering at him. Plus, he''s like sleeping next to a furnace. I can''t imagine sleeping in separate rooms on a regular basis tho.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:07:12 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
strange Q...where''s elledizzy5?
31.gif

Oh no, you are being a Bad Boy DF!! ha ha ha ha ha

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Always. I can''t sleep, unless DH is next to me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/13/2009 8:34:52 PM
Author: Linda W
Always. I can''t sleep, unless DH is next to me.
That''s soooo nice.

Me too. JK, if he snores, he''s out. I am done with the no sleep thing.
24.gif

But love him to pieces!!! Even more so when I get a full nights rest!!!!
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results