• Yes, the left one is bigger

Votes: 3 11.5%
  • Yes, the right one is bigger

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So I now have these two stones from BGD. Both are beautiful, but I'm now driving myself crazy thinking I may just see the tiniest size difference between them. The measurements are 6.08 by 6.12 and 6.11 by 6.13. These would be for a pair of studs. What do you guys think? Are these matched well or should I keep looking?

IMG_7415.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7427.jpg
    IMG_7427.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_7431.jpg
    IMG_7431.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_7432.jpg
    IMG_7432.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 28

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can see a difference, and it is sufficiently small not to bother me when they are being set and worn as earrings, IMHO.

However, if it is bothering you, and not mind-clean for you, then it is going to bug you.

DK :))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont think anyone seeing these studs on ears could tell there is a size difference.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t see a difference in size. Please keep in mind that the stones will not be side by side when you are wearing them. No one will notice anything but the sparkle.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
No, not one that matters.
Most people can't discern a discrepancy of less than .2mm and no one would ever have a chance to stare at them static like this ever again in any event.
They're perfectly matched, in other words.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
So I now have these two stones from BGD. Both are beautiful, but I'm now driving myself crazy thinking I may just see the tiniest size difference between them. The measurements are 6.08 by 6.12 and 6.11 by 6.13. These would be for a pair of studs. What do you guys think? Are these matched well or should I keep looking?

IMG_7415.jpg

It is not humanly possible to see a size difference that tiny! Your mind is playing tricks on you.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are perfect. At that "difference," the impact of the image plane being slightly tilted (i.e., one being just a smidge closer to the camera/phone than the other) is greater than the size difference, imo.

And: Do you plan to wear them in the same ear or different ears...?

0-0-0

Brilliant_Rock
100% mind tricks. The measurements overlap and the max difference is only 0.05 mm!

SparkleMax

Rough_Rock
The thickness of one strand of my hair is 0.06mm so yeah.. You could probably get paid allot of money by someone if you were able to tell the difference with your eyes reliably. Something something splitting hairs...

1701611395742.png

Last edited:

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to thank you all for reassuring me that this is really all in my mind. I know the difference should not be discernible, but I was getting concerned. So I tried picking the bigger without checking the box, and out of 10 got 6 right and 4 wrong. I think this is mind clean or mind equal enough for me. And yes, I will definitely be wearing them on different ears.

SparkleMax

Rough_Rock
I like that you did the blind test +1 science points. The stones look great BTW. Do you know what you'll be doing for the settings?

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like that you did the blind test +1 science points. The stones look great BTW. Do you know what you'll be doing for the settings?

Thank you! I'm hoping to get them set into three-prong baskets, though not totally certain about the exact setting at this point.

chere

Shiny_Rock
These are stunning.

My Lightbox lab studs are slightly off. The size difference is not noticeable once they are set or when you’re wearing them. They are mind clean enough for everyday wear.

I have pictures on this thread.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These are stunning.

My Lightbox lab studs are slightly off. The size difference is not noticeable once they are set or when you’re wearing them. They are mind clean enough for everyday wear.

I have pictures on this thread.

Thanks so much! Your studs are gorgeous! And good point about the settings making any size difference even less detectable.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad you're keeping them. They are beautiful and so well-matched!

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i notice a slight difference but there is no way that anybody will ever be able to see it if these stones are set in studs!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results