shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you remember my grey diamond?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I just couldn't decide on a setting and was getting all inventive designing one that would allow me to wear it in a ring that turned so I could wear it culet up or down but my creative juices ran dry!

Anyway, I kept coming back to a pendant setting from LOGR. I decided to pull the trigger last week and it arrived this morning. I absolutely love the design BUT LOGR has done his normal trick of mixing good and so-so diamonds. I was insistent with him that I wanted VS but several of the diamonds are cloudy and I'm not best pleased. However, bearing in mind shipping costs and the fact that it's a pendant and so won't be seen up close by anybody unless I'm hugging them (oooo errrrr! :o ), I'm not going to fret too much - although I will be sending him a "disappointed" email.

The other slight issue is that this was customised to fit my heart which is a smidge under 6mm but it's a bit small and fat. So of course the basket is a perfect heart which means it's a tad too big. I'm hoping that it won't matter but I'll see if my jeweller can do anything about it.

Anyway, it's a keeper (despite all of that) and here are the photos with the diamond just resting inside it! They're not very imaginative I'm afraid but there's only so many ways I can photograph it without the diamond falling out!!!

Diamond Heart 10.JPG

Diamond Heart 8.JPG

Diamond Heart 9.JPG

Diamond Heart 11.jpg

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Oh it's beautiful and unique, lovely pendant!! I can't wait to see your artsy shots once it's set! ::)

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE IT!

:love:

Can't wait to see it set, for a proper photoshoot of course :D

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
VERY NICE!!! I love that setting LD!! unique, artsy, feminine, rhythmic.... very appealing! And your gray diamond - very cool! :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have a gift. Gotta say though, that I am so over LOGR. I can understand not going through the hassle of returning it, but those cloudy diamonds would really piss me off :angryfire:

Kim Bruun

Shiny_Rock
VERY pretty and feminine design!

I'm normally not big on grey, but if it's diamond and it shows that dispersion, then great!

I can certainly understand your disappointment seeing cloudy diamonds in the setting - those diamonds are there to sparkle!

sapphirering

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful! I personally really like grey gemstones, but sadly diamond is out of my budget. I did order a grey spinel from eBay and I'm hoping that it will turn out alright.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love it! It is gorgeous! Where did you find such a gorgeous pendant?? That is going to be one elegant piece!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1334347602|3170409 said:
You have a gift. Gotta say though, that I am so over LOGR. I can understand not going through the hassle of returning it, but those cloudy diamonds would really piss me off :angryfire:

You know, with the prices that LOGR is charging these days (more than the other ebay sellers and other ebay sellers have better diamonds), you would THINK you wouldn't have to worry about diamonds. It is outrageous, and I think he's losing business as a result. Ridiculous. Well, at least your diamond looks lovely in that setting, it's such a pure grey - really neat!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very lovely design which I'm surprised LOGR even carries. Sorry about the inconsistent melee quality although your FCD looks very much at home in the pendant.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1334350472|3170444 said:

You know, with the prices that LOGR is charging these days (more than the other ebay sellers and other ebay sellers have better diamonds), you would THINK you wouldn't have to worry about diamonds. It is outrageous, and I think he's losing business as a result. Ridiculous. Well, at least your diamond looks lovely in that setting, it's such a pure grey - really neat!!

I totally agree with you both. I've emailed LOGR expressing my disappointment and reminding him that I expressly said I wanted VS diamonds and that some of these are I grade. I've asked if he will remake - so I'll let you know what he says. I guess if he offers a partial refund I may accept that also (depending on the amount). Just a FYI, I had asked Lanbo if he could make the same setting and he initially said yes and then never got back to me so I gave up trying! Sally from HoW said she couldn't make it for the price that LOGR were selling it for, even with lower quality diamonds and leaving some diamonds out of the design altogether!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1334350871|3170450 said:

I totally agree with you both. I've emailed LOGR expressing my disappointment and reminding him that I expressly said I wanted VS diamonds and that some of these are I grade. I've asked if he will remake - so I'll let you know what he says. I guess if he offers a partial refund I may accept that also (depending on the amount). Just a FYI, I had asked Lanbo if he could make the same setting and he initially said yes and then never got back to me so I gave up trying! Sally from HoW said she couldn't make it for the price that LOGR were selling it for, even with lower quality diamonds and leaving some diamonds out of the design altogether!

Did you check with diamondmounts? I don't think he's the same store as lanbo. I hope LOGR does right by you. It's so frustrating that he advertises default SI diamonds, and they're obviously I grade.

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
very pretty design! cant wait to see it all finished.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL|1334350970|3170452 said:

Did you check with diamondmounts? I don't think he's the same store as lanbo. I hope LOGR does right by you. It's so frustrating that he advertises default SI diamonds, and they're obviously I grade.

Yes I did. No reply. The auction for this pendant clearly stated VS/SI1 diamonds and the price reflected it as well. As you know, some of his pieces if they are for sale at a higher amount than normal, turn out with very good diamonds and I was really hoping that would be the case with this one but alas, no. Here's the auction details:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250932118283&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1334351948|3170469 said:
TL|1334350970|3170452 said:

Yes I did. No reply. The auction for this pendant clearly stated VS/SI1 diamonds and the price reflected it as well. As you know, some of his pieces if they are for sale at a higher amount than normal, turn out with very good diamonds and I was really hoping that would be the case with this one but alas, no. Here's the auction details:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250932118283&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

That's a shame. I remember when you could buy a setting from LOGR for full price and get something that looked custom and worth thousands with large and clean diamonds. Some of my most beautiful settings are from LOGR. Well, too bad. I really hope you hear back from him because that's not a little bit of money and you should get true SI diamonds (which are VS for the most part).

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Well, it's still beautiful and just PERFECT for the diamond. The melee mess-up would bother me too -- but nobody seeing it when you wear it will pick that up. I hope he makes it good for you, what a shame. Can't wait to see it set!!

--- Laurie

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that is gonna be beautiful :love:

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!! :love:

I am also disappointed to hear about LOGR, as I am starting to set things and have been looking at their stuff. Please keep us posted about the outcome. NOT cool to send something that is not as was clearly advertised!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Beautiful and feminine design. It will be one stunning pendant! Looking forward to the set pics.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's just fantastic!
I love it.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would never have thought to put your grey heart diamond in a setting like that, but I think it will be perfect!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It's a lovely pendant, does he still offer gold and diamonds upgrade?

Coco914

Shiny_Rock
Hi LD, just had to say... I LOVE your grey diamond!! :love: I've never seen anything like it before. The pendant you chose to set it in suits it perfectly, though I do hope LOGRs does their part to make you happier with the diamond quality.

fabulousfindk

Shiny_Rock
Wow! Beautiful!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everybody for your lovely compliments.

I still haven't heard back from LOGR and I'm a bit miffed because this is several days now. I'll keep you posted and hopefully he will respond soon!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1334481503|3171444 said:
Thank you everybody for your lovely compliments.

I still haven't heard back from LOGR and I'm a bit miffed because this is several days now. I'll keep you posted and hopefully he will respond soon!

Email him again. I know I've had to do that in the past to get his attention.

I would leave negative feedback, even if you do decide to keep the setting, if he doesn't make it right. He is not the only seller of mountings on ebay.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I just couldn't decide on a setting and was getting all inventive designing one that would allow me to wear it in a ring that turned so I could wear it culet up or down but my creative juices ran dry!
Gah! Sounds as though you've been taking lessons from VapidLapid :bigsmile:

I think I much prefer this - It's a great choice for your grey LD - looking forward to the neck shots ;))

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, LD - that is going to be gorgeous. :appl:

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
That looks awesome LD! What a great way to showcase that diamond!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok an update! I've had an email from LOGR saying that I can either return the setting for a full refund or opt for a partial refund. I have replied asking how much the "partial" refund would be. That will make my decision!

In the meantime, I thought I'd post a photo of the diamond upside down. This is the reason why I was considering a flippy over type of setting. I absolutely ADORE my diamond's bum! I put together some ideas about a year ago about how the mechanism could work but I was concerned that it would cost an arm and a leg to have custom made. However, interestingly, a few days ago I saw a diamond melee ring that turns and so I'm going to buy one and examine it to see if it would be possible to substitute with my stone!

Diamond grey underside 1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results