shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you recognize posters by their avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
I get yelled at if I change mine lol

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 2:39:25 PM
Author: InLuv101
I def. recongnize posters by their avatars. When regular posters change their aviatars, it always thows me for a loop.

ditto. maybe that''s why i''ve kept mine pretty consistent.

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:17:55 PM
Author: jcrow
Date: 3/26/2009 2:39:25 PM

Author: InLuv101

I def. recongnize posters by their avatars. When regular posters change their aviatars, it always thows me for a loop.

ditto. maybe that''s why i''ve kept mine pretty consistent.

Me too. Mine is still a holiday-themed avatar...from last year!

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 7:05:18 PM
Author: Kaleigh
You know what would be a fun game?? Put up some avatars without the names, and see how many we can identify.

I''ll never forget Mara, belle and ( I think Alj) switching the avatars. I was like wait, I didn''t say that!!! That was hysterical.

My Avatar will remain the same, Irina made it for me. It''s sentimental to me. I am such a sap.
3.gif

ooooh game of avatar memory. love it.

and the switching of avatars? priceless.

i love your avatar! i''m glad you''re keeping it
5.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I change my avatar very infrequently, but if I do, it's always of my kitty, Cassanova. That way, I stay with a similar avatar. I stay on the down low here though, so I don't know if it really helps.

*Sigh* I could look at my kitty all day
30.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the idea of an avatar-memory game! If I knew how, I''d download a bunch of avatars, arrange them like a bingo board, number them, post them, and see who could ID them all correctly first. Maybe I''ll try . . .

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Now I want to make an avatar. I have been meaning to forever.

Mrs.2Artists

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really don''t have Photoshop skills, so this is the best I could create. Wouldn''t it be fun to have a whole board of avs, numbered, and a little competition?

NamethatAVATAR!.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:51:12 PM
Author: Haven
I really don''t have Photoshop skills, so this is the best I could create. Wouldn''t it be fun to have a whole board of avs, numbered, and a little competition?
This is a fantastic idea! Or maybe we could have everyone post in a thread to be added to a 2009 Pricescope wall of fame or something!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:30:27 PM
I love the idea of an avatar-memory game! If I knew how, I''d download a bunch of avatars, arrange them like a bingo board, number them, post them, and see who could ID them all correctly first. Maybe I''ll try . . .
Yay, give it a shot Haven. I wish I knew how... But you guys know, I am lame.... How about I supply the prize for the person that comes up with the most correct answers???

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Monarch, Ebree, ? Ambergretchen
Storm, Jcrow, Me and Laurenthe partier..

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
<<<----------

LOL, I was shamed into taking The Demon''s antler''s off!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:58:19 PM
Author: Dee*Jay
<<<----------

LOL, I was shamed into taking The Demon''s antler''s off!
Yes it''s about time DeeJay!!!!
31.gif
Heck we have neighbors who just took down their christmas lights....
20.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Not only do I use other people''s avatars to recognize them, I use my own to quickly scan down the page to see if I have responded to a thread yet. I kind of like my red heart, because I can find it quickly, but it dates from Valentine''s Day, so I probably need something more Spring-link soon.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 8:51:12 PM
I really don't have Photoshop skills, so this is the best I could create. Wouldn't it be fun to have a whole board of avs, numbered, and a little competition?
NamethatAVATAR!.jpg

Monarch, Ebree, Diamond Dana, Amber,
Strm, JCrow, Kaleigh, Lauren.

How did I do?

I definitly go by avatars then I look at the name so it does throw me for a loop when people change them - especially on Lozza's and Gailey's because they look so similar :D.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I scan avatars too. I wish I could find my old avatar sans christmas hat
7.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
You win, Dee!

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
woohoo.gif
1236057qd9orpxyzi.gif

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did pretty good on that one haven, but you missed the most recognizable of all..The blue shoe!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha ha, good job Haven!!! (And DeeJay, you never fail to impress me!)

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/26/2009 10:42:39 PM
Author: AprilBaby
I did pretty good on that one haven, but you missed the most recognizable of all..The blue shoe!
I know! I couldn''t use any of the avatars that saved really big to my computer because I didn''t know how to shrink them down in Photoshop. I seriously lack in those skills.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I totally recognize people by their avatars. If you look at my recent thread on InterGem you will see me talking to TL about her old avatar. Turns out it was Greta Garbo - but to me that was her "face" and that''s how I recognized her. I was stunned when it changed and highly disappointed. I would love for her to change back. I need to personalize mine, but I find it hard to get a pic to fit without looking funny.

Oh and Monkey Pie - her avatar is one that I would have a hard time with if she changed.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results