shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you prefer light blue stones in w.g. or y.g.?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Do you prefer light blue stones in w.g. or y.g.?

I used to have a strong preference to white gold but was just given a gift of a light blue in yellow gold.

It''s o.k., actually.

Which gold for your light blues?

Thanks.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like aquas in white metal, unless they''re super washed out, then yellow gold. I prefer cuprian tourmalines in yellow gold, but that''s because I think all of them have a slight green component, and the yellow brings that out (I like the green). If it''s a very light cuprian, the yellow gold gives it color. As for other light blue stones, it''s a toss up for me, and depends on the individual stone I guess.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
For me, it depends on the shade of light blue. If there''s a grey presence in the blue, sometimes a WG setting will amplify that. I would just have to try the particular stone in different settings.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on the purity and intensity of the light blue.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iffy,,, depends, do you have pictures of your gem, maybe take them next to each color setting?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends. Generally I lean more towards yellow gold with light blue stones.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks soooooooooooo much. I learn things all the time here.

YG for lighter. O.K., that makes sense.

Thanks dear friends.
1.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sonoma, it depends on if the stone has any undertones that you want to play up or play down. I second the suggestion of placing the stone next to white and yellow metals to see which effect you prefer.

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
I prefer blue stones in WG

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Generally white, but it depends on the stone, and it can also depend on the piece''s design style, skin tone of the wearer etc.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results