shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you prefer chocolate or black pearl stud earrings?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Do you prefer chocolate or black pearl stud earrings?

And why?

Which compliments which skin, eye & hair colors better?

I love chocolate pearl studs but find that I look better in the black ones. I've got fair skin, green eyes and highlighted hair (blonde/brown).

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 3 lovely pairs of white/cream, chocolate and grey studs. My daughter has beautiful navy blue drops as well as stunning white studs. I've never been a big pearl person (i prefer a sparkle to a glow ;)) ) but I must say, I'm quite drawn to the metallics in the lavender / pink hues.

Guess that's not one of the choices, was it? :lol:

Honestly, neither.

Chocolate ones are usually dyed. Black freshwaters as well as black akoyas are dyed.

I would go with grey tahitian then.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I have a pair of charcoal blue Tahitians, which are as dark as I need. If I was to get a brown pair, I'd choose natural chocolate Tahitians.

I don't wear much black jewelry, although I think those black spinel rondelle strands can be very striking.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
OOps, I guess dyed pearls are not too cool.

I'm still pretty new to pearls so please excuse.

Bean, what is that lovely stone in your avitar ? !

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I think dyed pearls are fine as long as you don't overpay and they look good.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i agree with Lovingems.

sonomacounty|1337513626|3199623 said:
OOps, I guess dyed pearls are not too cool.

I'm still pretty new to pearls so please excuse.

Bean, what is that lovely stone in your avitar ? !

Hey.... I was not trying to dog the dyed pearls :) I just prefer the natural colored ones.
My very first pearl strand was a black dyed freshwater strand... I didn't really understand that black wasn't a natural color :) While they are nice the tahitians glow differently to me... but it all comes down to personal preference! ::)

The stone in my avy is the larger diamond in my pendant. I took these pictures last year when I first got it with my iphone (and iphone cover) which is why it's reflecting some cool colors :D :D :D

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I am a natural color girl also. I don't buy dyed pearls. I do collect Tahitian pearls, Akoya and Freshwaters in various colors. My favorite Tahitian color is Cherry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results