shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you prefer bikinis or one-pieces?

Do you prefer to wear a one-piece or a bikini?

• Bikini

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • One-piece

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the look of the more covered two pieces. The ones I am thinking of are almost like shorts or skorts with a tank top sort of looking top piece. They look more like they were designed for comfort and function rather than beauty pageant. (To each their own, but for those looking to swim or play comfortably I am glad there are choices!) That said, I am very uncomfortable in water and never much cared for sand or the smell of chlorine so I don't actually have any myself.

You need a saltwater pool! Several years ago I had friends who had a beautiful saltwater pool and it was so lovely to swim in. Sadly, she passed and he sold the house to move into a condo, so I don’t have the perk of visiting them anymore. But man, was it niiiiiice!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL at the tall/long-waisted people talking about wedgies! I never knew that that was a thing with one-pieces, since I'm both short and short-waisted. One-piece wedgies! LOL! :lol:

Having said that, thing bikinis look like wedgies anyway!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bikinis. They dry faster, are easier to change in and out of in public, and are more comfortable. I am HEAVY, so on extra squishy days I wear a one piece. Otherwise, I let all the jelly jiggle.

MagpieMama

Rough_Rock
I much prefer a bikini for looks, comfort (easier to go potty), and sizing (different top and bottom sizes.)

I have started to venture into 1 piece suits now that my son is in school. When there are kid swim parties, it feels weird to be the ONLY mom in a bikini. He isn’t old enough to care yet, but I don’t want to embarrass him :-/

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
I have both, and wore one or the other depending on what I was doing, and occasionally on who I would be doing it with.

Mostly at this point though, as my father is a melanoma survivor, I wear a bikini with a long sleep UPF top and leggings rated UPF and for hot yoga. :lol-2: I hate sunscreen on my sensitive skin more than I hate being fully covered, so there ya go! I wear super bright, crazy colors to make it more fun.

Plus, easier to just change bottoms for the ride home rather than a whole outfit.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL at the tall/long-waisted people talking about wedgies! I never knew that that was a thing with one-pieces, since I'm both short and short-waisted. One-piece wedgies! LOL! :lol:

Having said that, thing bikinis look like wedgies anyway!

That was meant to say THONG bikinis!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
As skin type 1 I'm firmly in the long sleeve one piece department . More practical for movement with what I've tried e.g. rolling up of long right t-shirt style too or bulky with looser ones) After swimming I usually change into something airy - cotton or linen tunic and cotton bottom. Plus fresh 50+ sunscreen.

50+ means 50 X one's natural protection time . Which is about 3 minutes for me. So my outings to the beach usually start after 4 p.m. ....

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love a tankini. It’s great if we are riding beach bikes or kayaking or paddle boarding. Title Nine has been one of my go to places for active swimwear. I also like a high neck to keep the sun off chest.

croqueusedediamants

Rough_Rock
I prefer a bra-sized bikini. I am tall with a full bust and most one pieces have insufficient support and are too short in the body to fit me well.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Tankini for me.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear bikinis but prefer one pieces. I have a bunch of these styles...
blue-life-pink-flutter-swimsuit-one-piece-bathing-suit-size-0-xs-0-0-650-650.jpeg

d61c458f2a5000b49310a40cfebe7474--blue-one-piece--piece-swimsuit.jpeg

522d4573e5cdd455df1a0d12df50ce40.jpeg

hmm there isn't much to say about such a suit, it says to me, look I gotta great boobs and I gotta gorgeous ass, that said I can't say that about either my externals, so I appreciate the people who can wear them, but I was a young young girl I developed stretch marks all over my hips and boobs when I went from 12 to 13 and up 5 inches, put on 30lbs, crazy summer. I'll bet you look gorgeous in this. I think. :) I've never seen you. ha!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have no reason to wear a swimsuit.
No pool or beach nearby.

I have three one piece suits in the closet gathering dust.
They might still have some Maui sand stuck to them:cry2:

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results