shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you prefer bikinis or one-pieces?

Do you prefer to wear a one-piece or a bikini?

• Bikini

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • One-piece

Votes: 24 45.3%
  • Other

Votes: 17 32.1%

• Total voters

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like the one-piece is almost dead!

When I was growing up, I feel like one-pieces were everywhere, and now it seems that most people wear bikinis.

Which do you prefer?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the look of the more covered two pieces. The ones I am thinking of are almost like shorts or skorts with a tank top sort of looking top piece. They look more like they were designed for comfort and function rather than beauty pageant. (To each their own, but for those looking to swim or play comfortably I am glad there are choices!) That said, I am very uncomfortable in water and never much cared for sand or the smell of chlorine so I don't actually have any myself.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear an itsy bitsy, teeny weenie, yellow polka dot bikini! :oops:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am way too old and winkly to wear a bikini, heck I don't even like wearing a one piece, mine has a little skirt attached to bottom to cover my old saggy skin...

Me too!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I wore bikinis up until 10 years ago or so.....but after 40, my abs were not as toned as in my "youth", so I switched to one pieces. However, as my birthday goal this year (turning 50 in Dec) I plan to be back in a bikini, and actually just received this 2 piece I ordered online. Still some work to do, but I have a few months :)

bikini.png

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm of the opinion that ANY body is a bikini body. No body shaming here.

I like both, but I really like the sizing in bikinis. Being able to buy a smaller top and larger bottom (or vice versa) makes for a better fit and more comfy. I'm also quite tall so sometimes one pieces end up riding up quite a bit haha.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer two pieces because with two tops and two bottoms you’ve got four different suits.

I also like to just wear them as undergarments when I know I’ll probably get wet during the day - like every day in Costa Rica - and the bathroom situation with a one piece is a non-starter :bigsmile:

Edit - If my not-flat stomach or my dimply thighs offend someone else I figure that’s their problem not mine, they’re welcome to just not look :bigsmile:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I didn't even answer the poll! I ended up picking other because my preference depends on what I'm doing....if I'm doing water sports or at a waterpark, then I prefer one piece, but if I'm lounging around a pool or beach, and not really "in action", then my preference is 2 piece.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tankini. I've always been on the modest / conserative side and wore a tankini style in my teenage and young adult stages of life.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted "other." I like both two-pieces and one-pieces for various reasons. I am tall, though, so I have to find long torso one-piece swimsuits in order to avoid a super wedgie and a far-too-plunging neckline. :lol:

I don't know when I'll give up bikinis. I'm much less Cindy Crawford-esque and way more Ashley Graham now in the figure department but I don't care--a two-piece affords more flexibility and less weird tan lines. If you've ever been to a topless or nude beach you know you'll see all kinds of bodies, young and old, and it's just not that big of a deal whether you're "deserving" of wearing a bikini or not... I like my body, and I don't think it's offensive; therefore, I will continue wear what I feel good in.

That said, I have such a hard time finding well-fitting one-pieces (remember when they were referred to as a maillot? Norma Kamali era?) that when I do it feels miraculous and I end up buying a Mrs. Roper and hat and sandals to match.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

With Covid I've forgotten what suits are even like! LOL. For beach wear I love and wear all styles. And rash guards are a must....So much sweet protection!

Formerly, when swimming for exercise, I'd wear a one piece. Then I found my two piece Speedo's, also great so I just wear what was at hand as I was in the pool many days a week. @monarch64 yes I recall NK pieces as well as Gottex. Beautiful and great fitting stuff.

cheers--Sharon

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I wore bikinis up until 10 years ago or so.....but after 40, my abs were not as toned as in my "youth", so I switched to one pieces. However, as my birthday goal this year (turning 50 in Dec) I plan to be back in a bikini, and actually just received this 2 piece I ordered online. Still some work to do, but I have a few months :)

bikini.png

Trina Turk makes great bikinis that have good coverage similar to that one. I’m 54 and am quite tall so 2 pieces are easier for me. I’m carrying a little extra menopause weight which I’m trying to take off now. But even after a 9lb and 11lb babies, I have no stretch marks and belly still looks okay.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m way too old for a bikini, so I wear a tankini and cover up as much as possible as this old body :lol:

The reason I prefer them to a one piece is ease of going to the toilet and also I like to change out of soggy bottoms when I’ve been in the water.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I must have a long torso because one pieces always ride up. And the new skinny back sides are not for me (who finds that comfortable anyway!?)
I wear a tankini. I have several black bottoms (not the g-string kind) and many cute tanks.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I picked other. I have different colors of this one from Amazon. It’s almost like a bikini but covers up my tummy so I don’t have to suck it in all the time. I love it and all my friends have purchased it too. E3C3BB73-1367-484E-8F95-7685A0F5690C.png 47C5BDCE-5920-4EDC-8A87-43C6CB7D491E.png

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m way too old for a bikini, so I wear a tankini and cover up as much as possible as this old body :lol:

The reason I prefer them to a one piece is ease of going to the toilet and also I like to change out of soggy bottoms when I’ve been in the water.

my thoughts exactly. my days of wearing a bikini are long over, but I still like the two pieces of a tankini.

I’m a different size in the bust and in the hips, so I vastly prefer bikinis! I don’t even think I own more than one one-piece. I wear a bikini whether I’m lounging or swimming.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm Asian and Aussie and dead scared of the sun due to growing up with a bunch of scarey sun safe campaigns so the only thing I wear is a one piece with long sleeves. Even though I buy cute one pieces and bikinis I will always revert to the long sleeve that looks like it's designed for winter! I've just been conditioned that way!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm Asian and Aussie and dead scared of the sun due to growing up with a bunch of scarey sun safe campaigns so the only thing I wear is a one piece with long sleeves. Even though I buy cute one pieces and bikinis I will always revert to the long sleeve that looks like it's designed for winter! I've just been conditioned that way!

good girl
i used to bake at the beach as a teenager and it was stupid and dangerouse

i know so many older people with horrible scars from skin cancer surgery and they would have done their sun damage when we had a complete ozone over our heads down here

down home we used to swim durring the public sessions at the hospital pysio pool
it was lovelly and warm and you were allowed to wear a tee shirt

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire would have enjoyed this thread. May he RIP.

When I wore bathing suits I wore both. Bikinis and one pieces. I loved 50s inspired swimwear.

My favorite was wearing boy shorts with a bikini top but wore everything.

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 6.44.16 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 6.44.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 6.44.42 AM.png

I am always protecting my body from the sun (always did but in those days globbed on lots of sunscreen).
So now I wear SPF clothing when outdoors cycling and if we swim in the bay I wear my SPF swim clothes. I don't know if I would be comfortable wearing that in public but we swim in our backyard and it does the trick for completely protecting my body.

Screen Shot 2022-08-17 at 6.32.19 AM.png

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was young...bikinis but at my age, tankinis.

I'm pretty long-waisted so one-piece suits don't tend to be comfortable. Tankinis give me the coverage I like and I don't have to
worry about a wedgie!:lol-2:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I only wore bikinis on stage. Once I retired from bodybuilding in 2004 (at least stage life) I didn't wear them at all. I wear swim pants and tops to the beach. I'm sun sensitive so I cover as much of my body as I can. (I even wear sunscreen and I still get burned somewhere :roll2:)

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've always preferred one piece suits.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results