shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you prefer a lighter-faced watch or a darker-faced watch?

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Do you prefer a lighter-faced watch or a darker-faced wa

Lighter faced watch. In my mind they match better.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock

Amys Bling|1316459144|3020821 said:
Lighter faced watch. In my mind they match better.
Match better ... with what?

PrincessBling

Rough_Rock

ame|1316370056|3020208 said:
I am going to return the Coach one I just bought I think, not in love. So Im back to looking for something in my budget ($250ish max). Stainless, prefer bracelet style band, would like day/date option, no need for chronographs, no blingy stuff....the Seiko I found that looks like a Rolex Datejust/DayDate thing seems to keep popping up with black face.

I also am in love with a Raymond Weil Traditional mans watch that is very similar to my holy grail of a Cartier Ballon Bleu, neither of which I can afford, even if I got it on Overstock.

So I dunno wtf to do at this point!

I got a Raymond Weil Tango when I gave birth to my second daughter 5 years ago. It's a mother of pearl face. I love it, but it's a bit boring now. I love the micheal kors in the rose. It's a bit more trendy, but it make a rally nice statement. And price isn't too high. Can't get the hubby to concer...he likes the classics, so maybe I'll treat myself for my b-day? Yah right. 

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

hey ame - i just happened upon this and thought of you and this thread. i think it is this watch that you love? not sure if this is a great price for it or not, and not sure if it makes any difference... but i figured it was worth posting just in case! :))

http://jewelry.1stdibs.com/jewelry_item_detail.php?id=45412

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

It is. I wonder if they'd accept $300. lol

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: sometimes it sucks having good taste, eh!? that watch is gorgeous!

i have been wearing this one lately and i love it. i got it for $250 shipped from nordies but they are sold out of them now. i got another from amazon for a gift and while their description has errors, it's the same watch. it has the sapphire crystal case, and the date. the face is a slightly off white guilloche which is really nice - not MOP, not silver, just perfect IMO with a slight raised 'design'. it catches the light and eye nicely. it's also water resistant to 330 feet which means i can do dishes and give baths without worry, and i have done some light swimming and kneeboarding with it with no problems. the case is 28mm so it might be smaller than you like, but i think there is a larger version, and there's one with the MOP face too. oh, and it's nice and hefty (which i personally like) and totally comfortable.

the nordies site has a good pic of it (second one down)
http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/victorinox-swiss-army-vivante-28mm-bracelet-watch-nordstrom-exclusive/2912571?origin=related-2912571-0-1-2

and you can buy it on amazon
http://www.amazon.com/Victorinox-Swiss-Army-241053-Guilloche/dp/B000SSSLL4/ref=sr_1_3?s=watches&ie=UTF8&qid=1305148609&sr=1-3

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

FOR REALS. I friggin love that damn watch, and I haz a sad I iz poor. Well, rich enough to not be starving (which I could stand to do...) and to have a house, but not that rich. I feel like a bit of a tastemaker sometimes. I wanted a wedding gown that didn't exist til RIGHT AFTER I GOT MARRIED :angryfire: I bet when I finally get this watch there will be similar options all over the market.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lighter ...

IMG_1568.jpg

DSCN306h.JPG

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

You're so generous Dancing Fire!!!... offering all your three watches to ame for only 300 USD!!! :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Ill take the Patek. You need my address????

Thanks for your input. Took you long enough to get in here. GEEZ. :wavey:

I just spent $1200 on yet another redo on a rootcanal. I am pretty sure my mouth bought him a new Range Rover. They are renaming Treatment Room 1 "Ame's Room", because my butt has warmed that seat like 13 times in the last calendar year alone. I think Im out of teeth that can be canalled or recanalled. So more than a Swatch might be a "can I haz this watch for xmas mom and dad?"

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Neither for me, oddly - I actually tend to prefer guilloche faces with a little color to them, like my much lusted over Parmigiani. Tied in my heart are the Cartier Tank and Roadster, so I guess I'd go lighter rather than darker - something about watches with black faces just looks very sporty to me (this might be because I've been wearing a black-faced diving watch for 17 years now). I share your sad, though ... oh, for the days of the Must de Cartier line.

18348.jpg

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame|1316623489|3022198 said:

I just spent $1200 on yet another redo on a rootcanal. I am pretty sure my mouth bought him a new Range Rover. They are renaming Treatment Room 1 "Ame's Room", because my butt has warmed that seat like 13 times in the last calendar year alone. I think Im out of teeth that can be canalled or recanalled. So more than a Swatch might be a "can I haz this watch for xmas mom and dad?"
i didn't comment earlier b/c i don't much about lady's watches.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

Im really looking at Mens for myself actually. Most ladies ones are all crudded up with stuff, I don't want diamonds on my watch or anything wicked busy. But the size is what Im after I think!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ame|1316623489|3022198 said:

that's from too much cursing!!.. :lol: lunch time :!:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

If only!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

So I went to look at watches while in MN this past weekend. I ordered the ESQ, and will be returning it, and I don't love it so I would anyway. However I fell further in love with a Raymond Weil one, of course well beyond my pricepoint.

Here's the pics of the ESQ just in case anyone is interested. It's the men's filmore.

ESQinbox.jpg

onwrist1.jpg

onwrist2.jpg

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock

Sorry you haven't still found the "perfect" one...can you post pictures of the Raymond Weil watch you like?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

It's a Tradition iwth a stainless bracelet and white face with the date over the 3 :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

That looks right! The band of the one I liked was a little different I think

And yep, overbudget. Macys had it for over 1k. :(

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

I love my new dark faced watch--well priced. Here is a lighter faced one for you.....

http://www.torgoen.com/model.php?pid=81

Otherwise I have two light faced watches and love them as well--Rolex and Ebel. But very different from my Torgoen

cheers--Sharon

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

I *THOUGHT* ashford was a good one, I have never purchased from there before. I might have to bite the bullet and get this one!

When I pay off my phone...

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Lighter faces on classic dressy watches, and dark faces watches that have lots of features (like diving watches.)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results