shape
carat
color
clarity

do you play the lottery?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
I play occasionally when I have a "feeling", or a dream. Or if the powerball is real big... there''s a powerball billboard on my way to work that shows the jackpot.
About 5 years ago I had a "feeling", and played FI & I''s anniversary date in the Pick 3 and Pick 4. I hit on the Pick 4 for $500. My mom''s hard-core lottery, and actually yelled at me for not sharing my "hunch" lol... she got over it. I haven''t hit since then, but I rarely play anyway.

We also do scratch-offs for b-days and holidays and such. Never hit anything for more than $10. My mom works at a florist, and one of the drivers gave a $5 scratch-off to another driver for his b-day. He was on his delivery route and scratched for $5000. And almost got in an accident. So people do win big!

I''d get out of this crappy apartment ASAP. And buy an RV and travel the country with FI for a year or so. And, of course, help out my family. I''d like to throw a huge bash, with door prizes.... only not the typical booze baskets, think cars and trips and diamonds. LOL that''d be awesome.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH plays sometimes. He has always bought a ticket or two on his birthday and we have played the NYE raffle the past 2 years. Once in a while I will get an instant scratch off if I have an extra buck.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t play, but if I did I don''t know what I''d do for payments. I''d probably ask my financially savvy uncle for advice on that.

I would be generous to my parents and siblings, as well as VERY close friends. The rest would go toward a new car (mine is on its way out) and savings.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t play except for very ocassionally - like 3 times in the past 10 years. I''m not sure how I''d take it if I won, it would depend on how much I had won. Under 3 million and I think I''d take it in a lump sum. I''d want to be able to buy a house out right, assuming that we could decide which area to live in and felt like we''d be there for at least a few years.

I would share the wealth, but that''d depend on how much I won, and how DH felt about it. His family wouldn''t need the money for the most part, his parents own their own home. I''d want to clear my parent''s house mortage for them and maybe give my sister a bit of money to help her out, but I''m not sure how DH would feel about this.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2009 9:50:42 PM
Author: Skippy123
I have not played. I have done the scratchers and won $20, that was fun!

If I did win; I would pay off my sisters and SIL''s homes. I would make sure my 3 nephews college was paid for. I would also give some to charity. I don''t think I would live in a different home, but I would buy a house in Kauai. hehe
9.gif
I would build an art studio for hubby to work on his sculptures.
I''m with Skippy; I''d pay off my sister''s home, make sure the nieces and nephews could go to college, pay off all debts, buy a house -- maybe also a vacaton home, and make sure we had our retirement years covered. Then I would buy the things I desire. Fortunately, I''ve never had outlandish desires.
2.gif

DH and I have talked about making sure our church could finally afford the kitchen and fellowship hall they''ve wanted forever; and possibly giving a big sum of seed money to help them realize the expansion of their nursery school into elementary and secondary education.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results