Do You Photograph Your Food?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only when I eat at Mickey Ds

Phanie

Shiny_Rock
Hell, YES!!!!
My hubs and I are currently on a bender to do all the menus for a year at the Herbfarm.
So I am trying to take pics of every single plate and I will surprise him with a book of them when we are done (though this stinker is already saying it will go on for longer than a year).
I love food and the craft that goes into making the best of it.
And since motherhood has turned my brain to mush (yes sleepless nights with special needs kids) pics are my way of remembering.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hell, YES!!!!
My hubs and I are currently on a bender to do all the menus for a year at the Herbfarm.
So I am trying to take pics of every single plate and I will surprise him with a book of them when we are done (though this stinker is already saying it will go on for longer than a year).
I love food and the craft that goes into making the best of it.
And since motherhood has turned my brain to mush (yes sleepless nights with special needs kids) pics are my way of remembering.

That's a really cool thing to do! You reminded me that when I was a teenager and my family took vacations, I kept a notebook as a journal and wrote about all the restaurants we ate at and what I ate, what I wore, etc. Basically a written "snapshot" of the experience. Social media/taking photos is pretty much the same thing--a mini blog of what I once recorded in writing. I don't know where all those notebooks are now, but I can still tell you that in 1994 I had a fried grouper sandwich at Harry T's, and sweet potato fries at the Rib Shack in Destin, Florida. I wish I had pics! :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Well, I wish you would, because I know you love to cook and bake bread, and I'd love to see your outstanding photography skills capture some delicious food!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks but ...
You'd never guess considering how overweight I am, but years ago I gave up sugar, salt, white flour, white rice, unhealthy fats, high carb food with low fiber.
I would not eat any of what was posted here ... unless I got sh!tfaced drunk ... which I never do.
But I would desperately LOVE to!
My days of eating for the endorphin rush are over. :blackeye:
Now I just eat to live a little longer, and get my pleasure elsewhere.
It sucks, but it's better than being dead.
In a food thread I'm just a Debbie Downer. :cry:

If you'll pardon a ironic and macabre pun, all this food looks TTTTDDDDFFFFF!

But DO carry on y'alls; I love the pics and the fantasy.
It's masticatory-masturbation. :razz:

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whatever, DF. We all know you take pics of the lobsters you buy with food stamps. :lol:
slap4.gif
:shhh:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Love all the food photos shared here. Sometimes I want to take photos of our food but my dh hates me to take photos while we are in the middle of enjoying things. He says it doesn't allow me to live in the moment and when we are at restaurants he really loathes me to take out my phone and I can understand that so I usually don't. But I get the allure of wanting to take pics of one's food. For now I abstain from doing so and I really am trying to enjoy the moment and that includes (for me) taking less pics if that makes sense...

But I get plenty of food pics after or before we are enjoying them especially when they are baked from scratch by my dh. So enjoy these yummy photos please. And one exception...when Callie was over visiting I did take a photo of her enjoying the pie but won't share that here.:mrgreen::halo:

applepiealagreg.jpg applepieyummy.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And Missy it was the best pie EVER!!!! This picture looks great but the pie was INCREDIBLE!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Only for spite. :lol: For example--my DH and I were out for a gorgeous lunch with wine, and I sent pictures to a friend who I knew was at work.

Food is very important and memorable for me--but rarely do I photograph it. That said, I take pictures of bottles/labels of good wines and send recommendations to my sisters. They reciprocate.

cheers--Sharon

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results