shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own this LOGR setting?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
If so...

-Did you upgrade the diamonds?
-If not, how did it look? [I know it''s hit or miss]
-Do you find the bezel edge damages easily - i.e., will it dent if you run into something?

Thanks! :)

b890_1.JPG

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
another view

2rb.jpg

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your ring is gorgeous! Thanks for the link. I wish the settings had names so we could search for them on here!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I own it with upgraded diamonds, but the diamonds are so incredibly tiny, I''m not sure it''s worth upgrading. I personally like the similar looking split shank halo better than this ring.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Do you mean this one?

I wonder if anyone here has it. I also like it...but, I guess I can''t figure out the differences in his pricing. It has basically the same tcw of diamonds, but this one is $100 more...?

026d[1].jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes I''ve got the original setting you asked about. I upgraded the diamonds because the cost was minimal. However as TL has said the diamonds are TINY! Here''s some pics of mine:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/new-logr-setting-question-on-bezel-setting.105870/

You asked about whether it''s a sturdy ring? It''s not flimsy but it''s not the heaviest ring in the world. Will it withstand some knocks? Yes I think so.

The only difference I had was that I all millgraining added to the edges. My jeweller is currently setting a sapphire in the centre but they''re also going to millgrain the bezel which I think will complete the look.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the milgrain! It adds just the right touch. :)

Thanks for the info. It''s a hard decision to make. I like the one I posted, and I also like the one with the split shank that was posted above.

I''m looking for what would look best for this stone from Gene. I decided that the previous setting from LOGR was too high, so I returned it and the pink tourmaline. Now I have this project. :)

sp-6069g_281_general.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a stone from Gene? It looks like Barry''s cuts and photography? Gorgeous no matter what though. And I think it will be great in either of those LOGRs. I can''t wait to see pics!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would not bezel that stone, it will look too dark. I think you should get a four prong setting like the trellis that BEG has, or a setting with an open gallery, but not a bezel.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my god, you are totally right.
7.gif
it is BARRY''s stone. I''ve had little sleep this week and have been looking at many stones. :)

So you think it will become too darkif bezeled? Doesn''t the first LOGR bezel have an "open gallery"? Or maybe I misunderstand what that means...

Thanks for your advice.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 6:43:16 PM
Author: karee888
Oh my god, you are totally right.
7.gif
it is BARRY''s stone. I''ve had little sleep this week and have been looking at many stones. :)

So you think it will become too darkif bezeled? Doesn''t the first LOGR bezel have an ''open gallery''? Or maybe I misunderstand what that means...

Thanks for your advice.
The first LOGR is a bezel setting, not a good one for your stone. I definitely think it would be too dark bezeled. You''ll see when you get it, but I think it would do better in a four prong setting.

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
Hmm, I see. I guess I will keep looking then. Thanks again! If anyone has suggestions I''d love to see them! :)

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/12/2009 6:03:49 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
I would not bezel that stone, it will look too dark. I think you should get a four prong setting like the trellis that BEG has, or a setting with an open gallery, but not a bezel.
TL, you are a lifesaver with your advice regarding bezeling stones....THANK YOU for being so honest....I''m learning so much from you...one of my bezeled stones is WAY too dark and I''m having it reset.
36.gif

Lori

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/12/2009 7:21:05 PM
Author: loriken214

TL, you are a lifesaver with your advice regarding bezeling stones....THANK YOU for being so honest....I''m learning so much from you...one of my bezeled stones is WAY too dark and I''m having it reset.
36.gif

Lori
You give me way too much credit, but thank you for the kind words Lori.
emsmile.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A white gold trellis like BEG has, or a three stone ring with two small diamonds or white sapphires.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please don''t bezel that stone, it''ll end up almost black looking. It needs a lot of light from the sides to brighten it, so an open prong style setting is best. I like the split shank prong set that was posted here.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I agree on not bezeling! That spinel looks a lot like the photos of mine when it's purple, and I'm really glad I didn't bezel it. It catches so much light and sparkles like crazy but it would have been way too dark bezeled. I like the trellis a lot because it sets it a little higher (but not too high) and lets light hit it really well.

Beautiful stone by the way!

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
What do you think about this one?

[having problems uploading pictures...]

LOGR setting

karee888

Brilliant_Rock
thanks for your reply! your ring is totally gorgeous!!

they said it will be too dark...so i am on the hunt for new choice [i guess i will have to look for a different stone because i really like that setting! :)]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results