shape
carat
color
clarity

do you own the most expensive/biggest jewelry collection...

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Re: do you own the most expensive/biggest jewelry collection

I think my grandmother's is the most expensive in our family, but it is also very extensive and has been built over time. I can't say that it's as high of quality though unfortunately. Some of it is and there are several pieces I adore, but some are just not very high quality. My grandfather doesn't exactly know or understand gemstone qualities and there's no educating him when I'm younger than him. :rolleyes:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

rosetta|1307290654|2938347 said:
Nope.

Mine is pretty puny, under six figures. My mother and most of my aunts own a lot more than me. Even after I inherit from my mum, I wont have the amount some of my aunts have, probably seven figure sums. I'm not sure they even know the full value of what they own!

I was snickering over the idea of a "puny" six figures. Then I started doing the math, and ... :-o My god, it really adds up, doesn't it ....

My collection beats most everybody I know personally (I'm the only jewelry hound of the bunch), but my mom has me BEAT. I am okay with that. :rodent:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hmm, I'm not sure. If not, I have the second biggest collection.

Kimmy

Shiny_Rock
Trade

My collection is definitely bigger than those of my close friends and immediate family. My mom has some pretty big pieces, but it's mostly inherited and spends a lot of time in the bank. I cringe because she wears an expensive family ring while she does the dishes and wears it stacked with other rings... she's chipped it and scratched the stone and who knows what else. This particular ring is much more rare and valuable the the stuff she keeps at the bank. It is my favorite piece of jewelry and she just trashes it :(sad My mom has no concept of what jewelry is valuable and has nothing appraised or checked for safety. It drives me absolutely crazy! My studs are larger than my friends' engagement rings. My aunt has some amazing jewelry, but she doesn't wear it around the rest of my family. My uncle also hides his expensive watches. I don't wear my expensive things around my family either. My parents and grandparents just doing believe in luxury purchases and are very critical of material purchases. It's ok to spend $10k on a week long vacation, but not on earrings. I have cousins with amazing watch/jewelry collections and mine is nothing in comparison. We have family friends with named diamonds... so I'm not even close to being in their ballpark.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock

Circe|1307565238|2940950 said:
rosetta|1307290654|2938347 said:
Nope.

Mine is pretty puny, under six figures. My mother and most of my aunts own a lot more than me. Even after I inherit from my mum, I wont have the amount some of my aunts have, probably seven figure sums. I'm not sure they even know the full value of what they own!

I was snickering over the idea of a "puny" six figures. Then I started doing the math, and ... :-o My god, it really adds up, doesn't it ....

My collection beats most everybody I know personally (I'm the only jewelry hound of the bunch), but my mom has me BEAT. I am okay with that. :rodent:

Heh heh, it's amazing how much $$$ goes into sparkly bits of carbon :-o

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results