shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you own the biggest diamond among your circle of friends?

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH doesn’t wear ANY jewellery @OoohShiny

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband wears a yellow gold wedding band...and his school ring on his right hand....His original ring had to be cut off his finger a few years ago because he fell down a huge escalator at the airport...Someone’s large hard shell suitcase slipped out of their hand and barreled down the escalator taking my husband out behind the knees and sent him flying...Thank God he wasn’t killed because he was about a third down when it happened and continued to roll and fall all the way down. When he got to the bottom his finger was dislocated so he snapped it back himself. It was his wedding ring finger..He refused to take off the band when I told him to. I knew his finger would blow up..Whoever took it off mangled it beyond repair..He likes yellow gold..and his school ring is yellow gold so that’s what he got again..

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not anymore since I sold my 3Ct

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My DH doesn’t wear ANY jewellery @OoohShiny
I think that's true of many (most?) males of the species, Austina - I only ever wear my wedding ring (and feel naked without it when out!) but I usually leave it on the side if I'm just hanging out at home.

(Perhaps I should use a different phrase to 'hanging out' in the same sentence as saying I feel naked? :???: :lol:)

I live in hope that diamonds will become more of a 'thing' for men - we generally like technology and science (re: cut, physics, etc.), we like 'one-upmanship', and we are easily distracted by shiny things :lol: so we are perfect candidates for diamonds and their marketing... lol :D

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:lol: My DH definitely isn’t in to shiny things, he can’t understand my fascination with them @OoohShiny. Give him a sheet of numbers and he’s in seventh heaven.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... I live in hope that diamonds will become more of a 'thing' for men ...

I don't care how much of "a thing diamonds are for men".
Diamond is a thing for this man.
But yeah, people and their comfort levels vary.

I try to live for me, not for approval of others - which is probably why I annoy and piss off people here (and everywhere) so often.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

SapphireLover

Brilliant_Rock
I have a sapphire engagement ring but wear a 0.8ct necklace and have 0.8ctw earrings and both of these are bigger diamonds than my circle of friends have as engagement rings. Where I live there are bigger rings, but most are in the 1ct sector. Even the doctors I work with all have less than 1ct.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of my friend group, yes. No one in my circle cares about diamonds as much as I do, even though some are well-to-do and have upgraded to diamonds around 2 carats. For them, upgrading was a one-time thing and they're very happy with what they have.

Of the friends I've made through Pricescope IRL, no. :)

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of my friend group, yes. No one in my circle cares about diamonds as much as I do, even though some are well-to-do and have upgraded to diamonds around 2 carats. For them, upgrading was a one-time thing and they're very happy with what they have.

Of the friends I've made through Pricescope IRL, no. :)

Your three-stone is to DIE for.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
My husband wears a yellow gold wedding band...and his school ring on his right hand....His original ring had to be cut off his finger a few years ago because he fell down a huge escalator at the airport...Someone’s large hard shell suitcase slipped out of their hand and barreled down the escalator taking my husband out behind the knees and sent him flying...Thank God he wasn’t killed because he was about a third down when it happened and continued to roll and fall all the way down. When he got to the bottom his finger was dislocated so he snapped it back himself. It was his wedding ring finger..He refused to take off the band when I told him to. I knew his finger would blow up..Whoever took it off mangled it beyond repair..He likes yellow gold..and his school ring is yellow gold so that’s what he got again..

@Mamabean, how awful for your DH, what a nightmare! Must have been so awful for both of you. But so lucky he wasn't more injured!!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean what a horrific accident for him, that sounds awful! Glad he came through ok.

Where I live, & for my circle of friends, very few are larger, & with the larger stones, they are just a bit larger than mine. Majority are quite a bit smaller. You have to remember, I'm in the upper midwest, which makes a difference. I will say this: none of them have diamonds as beautiful or as well cut as mine, and then most haven't cleaned their stones in some time.:eek-2:

And since we're adding furbaby photos, here's my Jack. He just turned 15 in December, and as far as we can tell, is now totally deaf. We just bought a ramp so he can get up on the couch easier, so we'll see how that process evolves. IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_1589.jpeg IMG_1266.jpeg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mine was until my bff decided to get one slightly bigger! =)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mamabean what a horrific accident for him, that sounds awful! Glad he came through ok.

Where I live, & for my circle of friends, very few are larger, & with the larger stones, they are just a bit larger than mine. Majority are quite a bit smaller. You have to remember, I'm in the upper midwest, which makes a difference. I will say this: none of them have diamonds as beautiful or as well cut as mine, and then most haven't cleaned their stones in some time.:eek-2:

And since we're adding furbaby photos, here's my Jack. He just turned 15 in December, and as far as we can tell, is now totally deaf. We just bought a ramp so he can get up on the couch easier, so we'll see how that process evolves. IMG_0850.jpg

IMG_1589.jpeg IMG_1266.jpeg

WOT a dolly!!!!!!

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
This is such an interesting question. i have lived in several regions of the US and I definitely think where you live affects what is considered a "big" stone. When I was married and I lived in the Mid-Atlantic, my 1.15 round diamond was in the middle of the pack both among friends and within the general population. When I moved to Iowa, the same stone was considered "large" by local standards and I got a lot of comments about how "big" my diamond was. I don't wear that stone anymore as I'm no longer married. (guess I need to think about a project with that stone!) I got a 1.73 cushion cut sapphire for Christmas from my Mister and now I get comments where I live in South Dakota like "that's huge" and "is that real?" (cheeky monkey!! of course it's real!)

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b and @Scandinavian are those English setters that I see??? OMG!! so beautiful. My Mister has an English Setter and he's a total goofball. This is Buddy. My Mister rescued him from a terrible situation when he was about one. My honey's first name starts with a "W" and if you'll notice, Buddy is monogramed with that initial. He's definitely the first monogrammed dog I've even known. SPOILER ALERT: if you don't see it look right above his eyes!! :lol::lol::lol:

buddy.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b and @Scandinavian are those English setters that I see??? OMG!! so beautiful. My Mister has an English Setter and he's a total goofball. This is Buddy. My Mister rescued him from a terrible situation when he was about one. My honey's first name starts with a "W" and if you'll notice, Buddy is monogramed with that initial. He's definitely the first monogrammed dog I've even known. SPOILER ALERT: if you don't see it look right above his eyes!! :lol::lol::lol:

buddy.jpg

I saw it right away! Don't you just love this breed? They're AWESOME! Mine starts his show career next week, so fingers crossed!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
When i see this thread title i think
No, but i wish i did !!!

@Mamabean that's a rather awful escalator experience, your poor husband (but its too bad he didn't listen to you and take his ring off)

I wish my other half would wear jewlery but all those years as a builder and seeing a couple of devolving accidents he's never been keen
I wanted to buy him a man bangle when he retired but he knows im trying to style him on Bruce Springsteen !!!

My mum and dad got married in '65 and male wedding rings wernt really done in their circle back then but my dad always wore a gold signet ring

For their 25th anniversary mum got him a wedding ring because i think he regretted not having one

SparkleC

Shiny_Rock
I saw it right away! Don't you just love this breed? They're AWESOME! Mine starts his show career next week, so fingers crossed!

I love that "W"!! It's such a distinctive marking!

I love all animals but I'm a small dog person by nature but....love the man, love his dog. :lol: Due to the neglect and abuse Buddy endured the first year of his life, he's incredibly needy and prone to separation anxiety. He's an extremely hyper dog. We've just moved in together and I'm coming to realize how the expression "this is why we can't have nice things" was created. My biggest worry is he does not have a sense of his own body and he steps on my 16 year old nearly blind pekingese. (in my avatar.) I do worry he's going to hurt him. But I hate how much he was mistreated before my Mister got him 3 years ago, so I understand he's got a lot of issues he may never work out.

Good luck with the show! My friend shows Bichons in Toronto and my sorority sister breeds and shows West Highland White Terriers.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results