clarity

do you like eggnog and fruit cakes?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:)

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Nuh uh, nope, no way. I used to like eggnog until my friend had the "genius" idea of spiking it with Captain Morgan and taking shots. B.A.D. I.D.E.A. Never again. As for fruitcakes, I'm going to assume you meant eccentric people and say, "I love fruitcakes wholeheartedly!" I don't understand the concept as a dessert--either you took something intended to be healthy and killed the nutritional value or you took something meant to be delightfully bad for you and took all the fun out of it. Either give me an apple or give me something with 9 trillion calories, thankyouverymuch!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Doodle you crack me up! I 2nd Doodles fruitcakes. They are great. The fruitcakes that are edible if that is what you want to call it are not yummy to me. Have you ever noticed that fruitcakes can sit around until May and still look exactly the same as the day it was given to you? That is an indicator that you shouldnt eat it.

Eggnog on the other hand is freaking delicious. I know that it is really fattening, but I dont care because you can only get it for about 10 weeks of the year so I drink as much as I can while I can. I even have some at home waiting for me. MMMmmmm.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
RQ, I hear ya--any food that starts off hard as a brick and never molds ::interrupts self:: OH MY GAWD! I just googled "how long does fruitcake keep?" and read that there are people who have kept the same fruitcake for TWENTY PLUS YEARS. THAT'S OLDER THAN TWO OF MY SIBLINGS. OH, it just got even worse--via wikipedia: "If a fruitcake contains alcohol, it could remain edible for many years. For example, a fruitcake baked in 1878 is kept as an heirloom by a family in Tecumseh, Michigan.[9] In 2003 it was sampled by Jay Leno on the Tonight Show." NO. THAT'S NOT ACCEPTABLE CAKE EATING BEHAVIOR. Now I'm troubled.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I'm an oddball, I like all fruitcakes. The food type and the eccentric whacko type.

I do not like eggnog though, the texture is amost like drinking milk going bad.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF-One is not allowed to discuss these two foods at the same time. Doing so is a major breech of etiquette and common sense. Starting a thread about them togther is downright silly. How would you like me to ask if you liked flannel boxer shorts and tofu?

Deb/AGBF
:read:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fruitcake? I like you don't I? :bigsmile:

*runs*

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1291426191|2786850 said:
DF-One is not allowed to discuss these two foods at the same time. Doing so is a major breech of etiquette and common sense. Starting a thread about them togther is downright silly. How would you like me to ask if you liked flannel boxer shorts and tofu?

Deb/AGBF
:read:
i like tofu but not the boxer shorts... ::)

Jessie702

Ideal_Rock
O, i hate fruit cakes....blah.....

but eggnog on the other hand...i LOVE...i love eggnog, eggnog shakes, eggnog and brandy or rum....issue, im lactose intolerant :lol:

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
jaysonsmom|1291425985|2786846 said:
I'm an oddball, I like all fruitcakes. The food type and the eccentric whacko type.

I do not like eggnog though, the texture is amost like drinking milk going bad.

Count me as an odd ball too then. I don't like fruit cake with the glaceed fruit though. I make my own and it's quite tasty.

I also think eggnog is kinda gross...

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
EGGNOG:
Loved it as a child.... as an adult I'm more discerning. Few are good to me now, but occasionally I'll find one that is fantastic. Have little experience with home made eggnogs but they both intrigue and scare me.

FRUITCAKE:
I have had tastes of many fruitcakes over the years and some were better than others... ranging from okay to nasty bad. But one... just one... one... and I don't even remember where it came from... but this ONE fruitcake I got in 1992 was not only good it was AWESOME. It was yummy by any standard. It was moist and it was just freaking awesome. I have no idea how it happened but if I got a christmas like THAT every year I'd feel blessed.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
I've never tried either. I'm a very picky eater, with an extra sensitive stomach.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
No and No.

My family drinks eggnog at Christmas and even the smell of it makes my stomach turn. We've passed a fruitcake gift for several years now....the same fruitcake.....it travels from home to home and resides in tops of cabinets until the next Christmas. I'm expecting it this year since I've manage to avoid housing the disgusting lump for 3 years now.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Eggnog, yes. Fruitcake, no.

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
Fruitcake i can handle as long as it is soaked in alcohol and drowned in custard. Fruit mince pies are just plain nasty!

Being in Australia we don't really have warm eggnog as it is just too hot. I have had a home made one once and it was so full of booze I couldn't drink it!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fruitcake yes. Never had eggnog before...

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Eggnog bad

Fruitcake bad

Hand me the chocolate

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
no I am not a fan of either, some eggnog I can drink but only if it has brandy in it :wink2:

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Love all things eggnog-homemade is best.

My mom used to make fruitcake without the fruit- lots of nuts and brandy. That was the only one I would eat.

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Love all things eggnog-homemade is best.

My mom used to make fruitcake without the fruit- lots of nuts and brandy. That was the only one I would eat.

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
I like nonalcoholic eggnog poured into coffee. They even have a flavored creamer now, so I just buy that.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
eggnog yes: both with and w/o alcohol.

fruit cake: depends. does italian panatone count? then its a yes.

MoZo

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Love eggnog, especially mixed with rum, HATE fruitcake

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Yes to fruitcake. :lickout:
No to eggnog.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eggnog:yes, especially if spiked :Up_to_something:
Fruitcake: :nono: :nono: :nono:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not really. I hate fruit cake -- it's always dry and I also don't like jellied fruit, which is what has been in the fruit cakes I've had.

Eggnog -- I can't even remember the last time I had it, so I guess I feel like I'm not missing much. Also, I'd rather eat my calories, not drink them.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1291490643|2787346 said:
Not really. I hate fruit cake -- it's always dry and I also don't like jellied fruit, which is what has been in the fruit cakes I've had.

Eggnog -- I can't even remember the last time I had it, so I guess I feel like I'm not missing much. Also, I'd rather eat my calories, not drink them.

Good point. :lickout:

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
I'm an oddball. I like one slim slice of fruitcake per christmas season, preferably at a tea and craft sale. It's ..... seasonal. It doesn't taste that great, but it's something different that marks the turning of the year.

I feel about the same way about eggnog - one small glass is enough. FI loves the stuff and goes through several cartons.

I could eat japanese christmas cake all season long though :bigsmile:

454jcc1.jpg

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Nope and nope! I don't really dislike eggnog I guess, but it's kind of rich for me so I wouldn't seek it out. Fruitcake is a definite no! I really don't like candied fruit and the other things in fruit cakes.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I've never had fruitcake, but I LOVE eggnog I drink soynog though it has a lot less fat and is less rich.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results