shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you like clothing as much as diamonds?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
My brain?
2.gif

I got shooed off in a nice way. They just thought that 5F was more appropriate for my apparent age.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 10:46:59 PM
Author: Harriet
What does that LV look like? I have to say I don''t buy LV anymore. Btw, have you seen my recent acquisitions? They''re on my FM thread. I''d love a Kelly.

I like some of the Louis but I am choosy. I got a very cute clutch in the vernis, the Roxbury, in white and chestnut while I was in Italy in June. It is nice, and wearable. I just bought two new monogram styles, the Beverly and the Tulum GM. I like the non typical stuff. As for the other bag, it was a monstrously ugly patchwork of all these LV bags all on one purse. UGH.

I have a rouge hermes birkin, a black kelly, a rouge hermes trim, a blue jean trim, and a small chocolate brown kelly. I am waiting for a gold birkin and then I will be done. the trim is the lovely hobo that Jackie Kennedy carried.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lucky you.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say I love Hermes for the workmanship and history but find the Kelly and the Birkin very tough bags to use on a daily basis. the closures are tough and I end up not fastening them, and people are always telling me my purse is open!! Which I know but it sounds dumb to say, I did it on purpose...but I cannot get in and out of it with any ease if the straps are in place and the lock is turned. Cannot get my cell phone, and in and out for keys etc is a pain. But they are lovely bags.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
If they''re too much to handle, you can always send them my way.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will keep that in mind!

My step sister gave away some vintage Kelly''s that belonged to her mom and she is now kicking herself! They were in great condition and were from many years ago, but she did not think she would use them...where was I when this happened?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, I will be around when you clear your closets.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
All my friends ask me to give them my discards, but I am buying classic stuff now that I hope to keep for a long while! I will let you know if I ever decide to spring clean...though I must say one of my issues is my inability to throw things away!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m with you on classics. I can''t wait for my first Chanel suit.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love them, but only buy ones that look good separately too...so I can wear the jacket with jeans or slacks and the skirt with a fitted turtleneck and boots. I only have a few skirts, bought most of my jackets as separates, but I like the versatility, and think the tweeds or solid black are the best...

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
^^
Diamondfan, how long did you have to wait for your Birkin and Kelly bag? I''m still waiting for my black Kelly g.h and it has taken almost one year now. I ordered the 32 cm Kelly and think this size will be versatile but I''m not 100% sure if it will work as my everyday bag? The black Kelly will probably be dressier and prefect when my 35 cm Birkin feels too big. I agree that it''s a hazzle to get in and out these bags when you need something
7.gif
What hardware did you get for your black Kelly?

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
It took about a year for both. I actually have gold hardware on both. I wanted Palladium, but that is not what came in. My hobo bags I did get with palladium, and my small brown one has silver I think...(it is wrapped up in my closet and I have not used it yet)...

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/21/2007 11:37:58 PM
Author: Harriet
If they''re too much to handle, you can always send them my way.
2.gif
I would like to echo Harriet on sitting patiently by your closet for a clean-up...I will just let you know that I can gain or lose weight to wahetever size you wear, and I am not at all picky when it comes to Hermes handbags, so let the charity begin!
30.gif
9.gif

I am always surprised to find people who break the stereotypes of women who hate to shop and men who love to (and are straight)...

I have but one friend (and my mom) who are not really shoppers...all the rest seem to be bitten by the bug. And those who were not when younger, got married and became shoppers...even if it''s for their kids now...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m first in line, ok?

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
*obediently gets behind Harriet*

Hey at least the scraps will be good!
30.gif
31.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was looking at the thread topic again and thought, well... if I had to choose just one (clothes or diamonds) I''d probably choose to wear clothes... unless someone made me a frock all in briolette!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 12:44:14 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
I was looking at the thread topic again and thought, well... if I had to choose just one (clothes or diamonds) I''d probably choose to wear clothes... unless someone made me a frock all in briolette!
Not sure if you can see this, but I read your post, was down in the lower level of Rockefeller Center and saw this Swarovski encrusted gown and thought of you...It''s not diamonds, but MAN must it be HEAVY!

It''s in the wondow of the Swarovski store if there is anyone in NY who wants to see it...is it just me, or does it look dirty and dingy?

IMG000562.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
maybe the window needs to be cleaned?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 2:32:24 PM
Author: Nicrez

Date: 3/22/2007 12:44:14 PM
Author: Cehrabehra
Not sure if you can see this, but I read your post, was down in the lower level of Rockefeller Center and saw this Swarovski encrusted gown and thought of you...It''s not diamonds, but MAN must it be HEAVY!

It''s in the wondow of the Swarovski store if there is anyone in NY who wants to see it...is it just me, or does it look dirty and dingy?
LOL it does look heavy!! And kinda dusty or something, yeah... too funny!

This is off topic and I don''t know if Dee Jay will see this... but shortly after I told her about my dream of the 7 dwarves I saw this in a hallmark store and took a picture of it for her hehehe I totally forgot about this LOL

7dwarves4dj.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results