shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you like bangles?

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I don't think they're as "easy" to wear as a normal bracelet, and can get kind of annoying. I have a sterling silver one that I wear quite often, and I do like it. When you wear them, do you wear just one, or a few at a time?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sweet_pea|1314413004|3001121 said:
I don't think they're as "easy" to wear as a normal bracelet, and can get kind of annoying. I have a sterling silver one that I wear quite often, and I do like it. When you wear them, do you wear just one, or a few at a time?

sweet_pea-

This thread to which I provided a link below was recently in a forum I don't usually read, but I think I saw the title of the thread and blundered upon it. As you can see, like your new thread, it is about bangles. I am not trying to squash your new discussion. I actually think that Jewelry Pieces is an ideal forum in which to discuss a topic like bangle bracelets. I just wanted the other thread to be available to anyone who read this one! (Can you guess I like bangles?)

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bangles-love-them-or-hate-them.162770/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/bangles-love-them-or-hate-them.162770/[/URL]

PS-I just noticed you posted to that older thread on bangles, sweet_pea, so you obviously knew it was there, but others may not have known!

Deb/AGBF
:read:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I love bangles. I have 3 -- one very thin rope-like rose gold w/ interspersed bezeled diamonds, Roberto Coin & another RC hinged yg w/diamonds. Also have a beautiful jadeite & gold hinged bangle that was my grandmother's -- think my uncle sent it to her when he was in Asia around WWII. Recently rediscovered it hiding in my jewelry drawer & am wearing it a lot. Bangles go with most things, casual or dressy & are easy to wear.

--- Laurie

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love bangles, but only one at a time and only on days when I won't be at the computer. Of course, this boils down to the fact that I rarely wear them :(( But I want a pave diamond bangle so bad...

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
i think bangles are very pretty worn in multiples on women. My bracelet style choices tend to go toward cuff and link styles.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they are very pretty especially when there are a few of them together. However, they drive me bonkers with the clanging.

Black Jade

Brilliant_Rock
I love bangles, I don't much like other bracelets. I have a few link bracelets and rarely wear them. I wear my bangles as much as possible. Unfortunately they are distracting at work or in church, so they don't get wear there. But I love the noise they make. I think it is very feminine sounding. However, I did grow up in a 'bangle' culture so some of this may be cultural. When I was a little girl I wore them 24/7 and so did everybody else I knew but when I got around WASP type people, I noticed that they weren't popular and that if people wore any, they only wore one, in those closed off styles, not the open bangles that I still love so much.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Black Jade|1318210283|3036814 said:
I love bangles, I don't much like other bracelets. I have a few link bracelets and rarely wear them. I wear my bangles as much as possible. Unfortunately they are distracting at work or in church, so they don't get wear there. But I love the noise they make. I think it is very feminine sounding. However, I did grow up in a 'bangle' culture so some of this may be cultural. When I was a little girl I wore them 24/7 and so did everybody else I knew but when I got around WASP type people, I noticed that they weren't popular and that if people wore any, they only wore one, in those closed off styles, not the open bangles that I still love so much.

I am certainly not a WASP, but I probably pass for one! Unlike you, Black Jade, I didn't grow up in a culture where one wore very much jewelry, and what one wore was usually very delicate and conservative. When I was younger, I didn't like high karat gold, but I always liked the look of several (perhaps three) 14K yellow gold bangles worn together. When I got quite old and discovered the joys of high karat gold, I also discovered the joys of primitive looking jewelry. And I started to wear slightly larger pieces of jewelry. Now I have a set of seven hammered bangled bracelets made of 24K gold. I do not have to wear all seven at once, of course; I can pick and choose which ones I want to wear on any occason. I really love those bracelets, however! Like you, I love the open bangles. There is something, in my eyes, very special about them.

AGBF
:read:

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Ok, my female friends, wouldn't bangles bang on everything and get dented a lot? :???:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Imdanny|1324973498|3089110 said:
Ok, my female friends, wouldn't bangles bang on everything and get dented a lot?

I can only speak for myself. (I could try speaking for others, but that has, historically speaking, gotten me into a ton of trouble!) I wear any one piece of my jewelry infrequently. That means that, unlike the women in Black Jade's childhood, I do not wear my bangles all the time. I put them on, as I would put on a necklace or a pair of earrings, for a specific day or occasion. That reduces the wear and tear on them.

Mine (remember, I am speaking only for myself!) are made out of 24K gold, which dents very easily. On the other hand, they are hammered and primitive in style, and therefore any small dents will look like part of the landscape!

Deb
:saint:

sweet_pea

Shiny_Rock
I just have to be careful with mine. I don't wear it at times that I know it will hit something a lot, like when I'm working at a desk. Mine is sterling silver and is a little scratched, but after I polish it it looks almost brand new again.

Monnyjay

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sweet Pea, yes, I have bangles - one is a plain rose gold 9kt, another 18kt and heavily engraved and another which I had made from some old broken jewellery - it is rope style/twisted. I also have sterling silver one that is hinged with a safety chain. I don't wear them everyday, but I do love them all. I received my first from my grandmother when I was eight years old and eventually had to have it cut off (bit sad).

My daughter has quite a few sterling silver bangles that she wears altogether and they look great :wavey:

Beth_Chloefan

Rough_Rock
I find them hard to wear as well. I much prefer cuffs..chunky cuffs that hug your wrist.

Theres a Canturi one that I love and cant stop thinking about
http://www.canturi.com/#/standard/0/5/126

Isnt it beautiful!!! it would totally make any outfit...Love love love

Lilyblanche

Rough_Rock
You can always opt for vintage jewellery that looks really awesome. Even you don't have to make any extra effort to make it look shiny.

minigirl

Rough_Rock
I love bangles, only one every time.

MomInstyle

Shiny_Rock
I love bangles but the regular size from store does not fit me because my wrist is only 13cm. I norrmally had mine custom for precious metal. Hermes Clic Clac pm size fit okay and Cartier Love Bangle 16 fit loose. I love them.

mooremich

Rough_Rock
I love bangles and it looks very pretty in some women but sometimes its very difficult to manage. I also love to wear one at a time.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love plain metal bangles with fancy etching, especially when two are worn together, but it gets a bit noisy for professional work so I wear only one at a time, not to mention, to limit the wearing down of the pattern. I've not noticed any dents even on my pure silver or 22kt gold bangles. I don't know why but perhaps it is the way they are made / designed. These have a clasp so they won't slip off the wrist and on the inside, they are rolled inwards for added strength.

Kelly12

Shiny_Rock
A few at a time.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results