shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you let anyone try on your jewelry?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I loaned my DIL a band..I think she thought I gave it to her. After a significant amount of time I just bought myself another one. Fortunately it wasn’t too expensive…I also loaned her a moissanite band. When I got it back one of the stones was cracked. She didn’t notice it..and I never mentioned it. If I could replace the stone I would give it to her..I think I asked David Klass if he could replace it with another moissanite. I think it would have been $200 so I passed.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would never dream of asking to try on someone else's ring!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you get it back?

If someone tried that with one of my rings I’m afraid I’d have retrieved it myself - even if I had to use the table leg as a threatening weapon!

She "lost" it at some point when she knew she was in trouble. Offered a reward and got it back from the girl who found it. Lost it forever a few years later when the house was broken into. Nothing expensive, but it was the first (and last) nice ring my grandmother (passed in 2004) ever gave me.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Eh, it troubles me not at all to have someone try on my jewelry. I frequently let my daughter borrow it; she really likes a couple of my rings.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock
Not much a problem to me. But need to sanitize the earring posts before and after they try. I do not prefer friends borrowing my jewelry tho.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results