shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you let anyone try on your jewelry?

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
My sister that lives in Iowa is the only person in real life that is a jewelry lover like I am.
When we both were married to our ex's, they would come in for the holidays and we would switch engagement rings for the week lol. She adored mine and I adored hers. Wish I never sold that beauty.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my inner circle? yes. people outside that? no.

peacechick

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, fortunately I have never been asked! People around here will outright ask your salary and how much you paid for your home but not request to wear your jewelry. The only one who wants to try on my rings is my kid and I only give him the cheaper silver pieces to play with.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I just remembered a traumatic experience I had 21 years ago!

The ONLY time I went to a nail salon for a manicure (day before my wedding, 'cos one of my natural nails broke, so I had to get an acrylic). Well, as soon the manicurist sat me down, she asked if I could remove my e-ring. I thought that was standard practice since I've never had gotten professional mani-pedis, I do my own. Anyway, she proceed to try on my e-ring without my permission, and passed it around to the other manicurists to gawk and try on. I was livid! have never stepped into another nail salon since. Strangers are definitely not allowed to try on my jewelry!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since I’ve owned Bella, only my DIL has tried it on.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never.

Tarquin

Rough_Rock
They can’t. That’s not legal. That’s stealing. I’m sorry that happened to you @TooPatient but it sounds as if the police were negligent.

Its called "Theft by Conversion" when something is lent for one purpose by ten not returned or used differently. The police were either stupid or lazy.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Other PSers, no problem!! I trust them to be as careful with my pretties as I would be with theirs ❤️

Other people… Outside of certain family members… I imagine the answer would be yes, but I can’t envision how or where or why.

Now wanting a closer look whilst they’re still on my hands - by all means :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

The ONLY time I went to a nail salon for a manicure (day before my wedding, 'cos one of my natural nails broke, so I had to get an acrylic). Well, as soon the manicurist sat me down, she asked if I could remove my e-ring. I thought that was standard practice since I've never had gotten professional mani-pedis, I do my own. Anyway, she proceed to try on my e-ring without my permission, and passed it around to the other manicurists to gawk and try on. I was livid! have never stepped into another nail salon since. Strangers are definitely not allowed to try on my jewelry!

Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
I was admiring a friend’s emerald cut last night and she immediately popped it off and said I could try it. I had loved it for years and is one of the reasons I am getting an EC. When I had my three stone only another friend who was getting engaged ever tried it. I would let people I trust try anything but I would freak out if someone started passing my rings around!

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock

This would totally tick me off.

wildcat03

Brilliant_Rock
I will happily let people try on my jewelry other than earrings. A few friends/acquaintances have asked to try on my ring to figure out what that size might look like on their own hand.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021
    Jewels of the Week: November 2021 - 11/26
    Throwback Thursdays: November 2021
    Throwback Thursdays: November 2021 - 11/25
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 Sales
    Black Friday and Cyber Monday 2021 Sales - 11/24