shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you leave diamonds with jeweler?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles31

Rough_Rock
I am not sure if this can be done but I want to use diamonds (little diamonds) from my mothers old ring for my micro pave setting (to put into the actual setting). two questions:

1) Is this possible?
2) Should we leave the diamonds with the jeweler?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
1: why not
2: yes will have too

sparkles31

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 4:29:57 PM
Author: strmrdr
1: why not
2: yes will have too
How do you know that the jeweler will use the same diamonds?

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Find a jeweler you really trust. Thats the risk you take with any custom work.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, find a jeweler that you trust. Most of them are very honest people.
2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, obviously you can find crooks everywhere, but you have to put your somewhere or why hand over your money?

In addition, with the kinds of stones your talking about it makes no sense for a jeweler to risk arrest/law suit for such a teeny amount of money.

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
I had a great aunt that took a ring in to be sized and for weeks after she picked it up she kept saying something was ''off'' with the sparkle of her ring. We just know her stone was switched. Their were many complaints about this jewelry store since it had been passed down to the original owners son. The original owner was so upset by what happened that he called in everyone who had brought in jewelry for repair since he left and inspected every piece. Since most were regular customers her ''knew'' their jewelry personally and trusted his clients. Those that had complaints, he reimbursed them or upgraded them then he closed shop. This was a small B&M in a small town, 30 years ago. I don''t know if people like that are still around. Just, know your stones. Get an idea of ''birthmarks'' so to say, and go with your gut feelings. Good luck.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
NJC did this. I think the diamonds were from her Grandmother''s band (hopefully she will stop in here to correct me if I am wrong) and she used them to create her wedding band. I think it is very sweet. I am not sure how much "cheaper" it is to get a ready made band but it does have more meaning.

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It should pose no problem to trust a jeweler with small diamonds. A lot of the new micro-pave'' items are set overseas and would not be able to have your sentimental diamonds inserted without removing already set stones. You''ll need to discuss what is going to take place with your jeweler to be sure both of you understand eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results