shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you know a setting similar to this Leon Mege?

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Hello! I am newly engaged (so THRILLED!) and am having fun looking for engagement ring settings!

My fiancee gave me his great- great- grandmother's old European cut diamond that has been in his family for over 100 years to put into an engagement setting of my choice. The diamond is 0.85carats old European round cut and is classically beautiful with lots of sparkle. I found a Leon Mege setting that I'm in LOVE with! The Leon Mege setting is FABULOUS, but the price quote I received to make the custom setting is currently out of our price range at $8,000. (The price was a custom quote to make the ring with smaller side diamonds that would be in proportion to my 0.85carat center diamond.) I imagine the Leon Mege setting is worth every penny...it's just more pennies that we have at the moment!

Does anyone have suggestions for a setting that is somewhat similar to this Leon Mege custom setting in the photo below? I'm very open to your recommendations and would be thrilled to see everyone's ideas! :)

Here's the link for the GORGEOUS Leon Mege setting:
http://www.leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/view-all/2-carat-round-diamond-true-antique-graduated-french-cut-diamonds-engagement-ring-detail

Thank you so much for all of your help!
Warmly,
Stephanie

screen_shot_2013-08-01_at_2.png

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an exciting project!
Steven Kirsch and Victor Canera make similar designs. Victor is currently making a similar setting for my 5.3 ct OEC!
SK and VC prices are a usually lower, but please note that french cuts are expensive. Most jewelers cannot source them.
This is a photo of Carat Lovers ring, made by VC.

There is a nice thread full of french cut setting by Yssie:
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-2011-trend-the-french-sides-collection.161358//']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-2011-trend-the-french-sides-collection.161358//[/URL]

It may help you to determine what specifications you want: milgrain, engraving, double claws...
Leon uses high dome (antique looking) french cut diamonds. Victor can source these as well, but you need to specifically ask for it. The regular french cuts are gorgeous too!!! Carat Lovers ring has high dome frenchies.

You may wish to contact Steven or Victor for a quote. I hope it is within your budget! Victor is great to work with. He responds very quickly and always takes time for you.

_8437.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: just one more thing: this setting is also very pretty with carre cuts. I think the price of carre cuts is a bit friendlier too. Have fun searching for your dream ring!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This setting with french cuts will usually cost several thousand. Carre cuts, as mentioned, will bring down the price, but it will still be several thousand. To get it down to the lowest price, you can try to use round brilliants. It's a different look, but they are the easiest to source. I saw a setting with graduated round brilliants at ID Jewelry in NYC. They have very competitive prices. You can search for IDJ reviews under the search engine. Many PSers have worked with them.

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
Oh thank you so much for these recommendations! I'm off to check out these websites right now!

My budget for the engagement ring setting + wedding band is probably $6,000 at the very most. I really do LOVE the look of the french cuts and the carre both! Thank you for reaching out! If there are other settings you'd recommend, feel free to send them over! :)

Warmly,
Stephanie

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just remembered that GoodOldGold also makes a similar setting: http://youtu.be/2jZIJ72ZLCA/
As mentioned it will also be very nice with round brilliants and it saves you money.
If you find a vendor that can make this ring within your price range, I would say it's word the money. You must avoid to choose an alternative, while you keep dreaming about your number 1 choice.

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
And Acinom, your ring is SPECTACULAR!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Someone recently had good old gold to nice success... I'll try and find the thread. I'm sure its cheaper than LM

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
StephCrowley|1375396588|3494844 said:
Oh thank you so much for these recommendations! I'm off to check out these websites right now!

My budget for the engagement ring setting + wedding band is probably $6,000 at the very most. I really do LOVE the look of the french cuts and the carre both! Thank you for reaching out! If there are other settings you'd recommend, feel free to send them over! :)

Warmly,
Stephanie

:wavey: you're welcome!!
I have to add a pic of Hospatogi's dream set. Her e-ring is from Steven Kirsch and has carre cuts. Her engraved wedding band is from Victor Canera. This setting does not have a strong taper. It's very elegant!!! In the 'french cut sides' thread you will also find settings with a very delicate row of french cut diamonds.

Feel free to ask any questions :bigsmile:

_8439.jpg

StephCrowley

Rough_Rock
WONDERFUL!!! Oh that is such a beautiful set in the photos above!

I just sent quote requests to Steven Kirsch, Victor Canera, and Good Old Gold. I can’t wait to hear back! Thank you thank you for recommendations!

I have to admit that if budget weren't a factor, I would probably love a wedding band such as the one in the photo below to go along with the dream ring...Or do they really go very well together? Or not so much? Expert opinions? :) At the very least, they are incredible beautiful stand-alone rings!

Thank your for the recommendations - keep 'em coming if you got 'em! :)

Warmly,
Stephanie

_195.png

screen_shot_2013-08-01_at_3.png

weddingband-stevenkirsch.png

SB621

Ideal_Rock
SK and VC will be expensive. Probably right around LM's pricing. If you are trying to work with both bands being around 6k and keeping with french cuts or carre cuts I would probably look at ERD. They would do a CAST/ CAD version and I think it would fit into your budget. I think that would be your best bet to keep the look you want.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that RBs would be much more cost effective for this sort of tapered design.

http://youtu.be/2jZIJ72ZLCA/
Goodness.

This setting was Leon's brainchild. I will admit to being somewhat uncomfortable with the SK and VC versions... but this rubs me entirely the wrong way:
how funny ... we just got in our new sample of this ring which is now a regular staple in my inventory and you know what I had already decided to name it? ... "Perfection" How ironic. ;-)

As far as I'm concerned the only vendor who has any right to name it or claim it as "theirs" is Leon Mege.

ETA: Grammar... yikes...

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is more a standalone ring: most PSers don't combine it with a band. Wintotty used to wear hers with a small band (with tiny french cuts?) though. I think the larger band you posted will be too wide in combination with the e-ring. The larger french cut bands are very expensive by the way.

_8441.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results