shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you hold any convictions you would be willing to die for?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you hold any convictions you are willing to give your life for?
Would you die for world peace?
Would you die to relieve the suffering that is in this world?
There are countless issues that might be considered worthy of dying for.
Would you be willing to die for any of them?

CalvinTheFatalist-1jeefm6.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer my own question no I cannot think of any thing or conviction I would be willing to die for. I have strong beliefs and passions and will do what I can for causes I believe in short of giving up my life. So many worthy causes but to give my life for any of them I am not willing to do.

The question then becomes (for me) who would I die for?
For my loved ones. They make life worth living for me. Especially my dh.
So for me, the answer is my dh. I would give my life up to save him.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing I would be willing to die for is my kids and my grand daughter!!!

My son and wife, they will always come before me and I would lay my life down for them. My wife is absolutely amazing with our son and my instinct is to fiercely protect both of them.

Yes I agree. Dying for our loved ones to allow them to live (should such a situation arise) is more than worthwhile. We love them with all our hearts and they make life worth living and we would sacrifice anything for them to be able to continue to live.

Dying for a cause OTOH not something I can see doing. Though world peace would be awesome.

Wondering if anyone here would do that for a cause and what cause that would be.

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I‘d die to protect my daughter and to save any child in a life threatening situation.
I’m older, I’ve had a fabulous life. I’d give what time I’ve got left so that a child could have theirs,

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To answer my own question no I cannot think of any thing or conviction I would be willing to die for. I have strong beliefs and passions and will do what I can for causes I believe in short of giving up my life. So many worthy causes but to give my life for any of them I am not willing to do.

The question then becomes (for me) who would I die for?
For my loved ones. They make life worth living for me. Especially my dh.
So for me, the answer is my dh. I would give my life up to save him.

I don't know that I would give my life for my husband (at least partially because I don't think he would be able to live with the guilt of that, so it'd be kind of useless) - but if/when we have children, I can easily see myself giving up my life for them. I think right now I would probably give my life to save those of my young relatives - nieces/nephews/cousin's children.

Dying for a cause sounds good and noble but - maybe I am just not that noble! I tend to think that one can make more difference LIVING for a cause, though it might be harder.

Of course if it was like a magic scenario where I die but there will be world peace forever (and not because of tyrannical governments having control, but because democratic ideals are everywhere), then of course that would be a different matter entirely and would require some thought and a very specific contract so I could be sure the genie or devil or whoever wasn't trying to wiggle around the details. :D

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only thing I’d die for is to save my husband or son.

KKJohnson

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If my death would solve some of those major issues, like global warming, world peace, world hunger, cancer, whatever. Then yes, it would be worth the cost to help countless others on this planet.

I love my family but to help humanity as a whole or our give our planet another chance, its bigger than just oneself.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Since you mentioned convictions, if I were ever forced to renounce my faith, I hope I'd be willing to stand my ground even if it meant death. There have been many in history, and even today, that are forced to make that decision. However, if it meant death or suffering for my loved ones, I can't honestly say I'd be able to do it. I hope I never have to face such a horrific situation.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.

As a living being I can't imagine anything more important than life itself.

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
um yes
freedom and democracy
don't any body ever try to take away my right to vote

past generations fought and died so i would have the right to vote and so i couldn't live in a free world

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If my death would solve some of those major issues, like global warming, world peace, world hunger, cancer, whatever. Then yes, it would be worth the cost to help countless others on this planet.

I love my family but to help humanity as a whole or our give our planet another chance, its bigger than just oneself.

I admire this. I wouldn't do this but I do respect and admire you for your strength of convictions.

Since you mentioned convictions, if I were ever forced to renounce my faith, I hope I'd be willing to stand my ground even if it meant death. There have been many in history, and even today, that are forced to make that decision. However, if it meant death or suffering for my loved ones, I can't honestly say I'd be able to do it. I hope I never have to face such a horrific situation.

I hope so too. It is a terrible scenario and as @distracts wrote I would be concerned about our remaining loved ones living with the guilt that we sacrificed our life for their continued life. I would for my loved ones but I wouldn't for any other reason. Or at least I do not think I would.

Nope.

As a living being I can't imagine anything more important than life itself.

Like @kenny I think life is precious and important and I hope we all live a long and healthy life filled with love and contentment and peace. I could never be as selfless as @KKJohnson and @diamondseeker2006 to give my life for a cause no matter how critical that cause is. I am not that strong or brave or selfless.

um yes
freedom and democracy
don't any body ever try to take away my right to vote

past generations fought and died so i would have the right to vote and so i couldn't live in a free world

Very selfless @Daisys and Diamonds and that is noble and courageous of you. You are so right that many have sacrificed their lives in order for us to live free and pursue happiness. Better people than I.

Countless numbers of people have sacrificed themselves for our freedom. Every day people die for their convictions. I have no words to say except for how grateful I am for those brave and selfless individuals. Thank you.

Screen Shot 2019-12-07 at 6.47.51 AM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results