shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have to have cleavage to wear a big pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, maybe tmi, but I''''m just sitting here wondering, what do you think? If you are, well, well-endowed up there, do you look better in larger pendants? The reason I''''m asking is that I am definitely NOT, but have just put my 1.5 radiant ering rock (as you know, I know) in a pendant. It''''s not huge by many ps standards, but larger than I''''ve ever put up there.

I worry that the darn thing will overpower my physique. My husband thinks I''''m crazy for even bringing it up (no, he likes the pendant, he just thinks it''''s silly to worry about such stuff).

What do you think?

That''''s why I probably have always like chokers. They draw the eye further up. (Although I haven''''t worn a choker since high school. Remember those velvet ones? lol) (Think 70''''s).

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Umm, I have never given it a thought. I'm more well endowned there than I would like and honestly have never never thought about how pendants look in regard to my chest size. I will say that I don't like pendants that fall right between if you know what I mean. I think that drawas the eye to where I don't want it to be!

I tend to wear 17 or 18 inch chains.

I'm sure you pendant is beautiful. Post a picture!!

edited to add I just saw your other thread and I think the pendant is beautiful.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I don''t think the 1.5 pendant will look huge. I don''t mean that the diamond is not big, but if you set it simply, then it should look fine (cleavage or not). There are some pendants that are huge eg: those pave designed pendants or even some tiffany pendants look huge in comparison to a simple solitaire pendant setting but again I think they are simply gorgeous, cleavage or not. If you are well endowed, just wear a shorter chain so that the pendant does not draw attention to the cleavage, unless that''s a look that you like..

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Listen to your husband. That beautiful pendant is not going to overpower your physique! I think perhaps if you had a pendant on a long chain that fell in the bust area it might have some impact, but certainly not with a shorter chain. Wear that baby proudly!

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
ditto ! I think your radiant will look gorgeous and it''s really not overpowering at all even if (like me !) you are not "well endowed" up there...which gives you even a wider choice of chain length...you can wear it with a longer chain without attracting the eye to somewhere else...
2.gif

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh I don''t think it matters. I have nothing up top either, and I''d wear a honkin'' diamond pendant if I were fortunate enough. I think that a diamond pendant is beautiful on anyone, regardless of shape or size.
emlove.gif

Jeannine

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. Between being "barely there" and all my freckles, I was getting paranoid!
1.gif

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
ha! I''m the opposite. chesty and plus size. "dainty" doesn''t do it for me. I strive to wear pendants at least 3/4 -1 inch square (the size of a quarter)

huge diamond cluster hearts, ebay finds.

enjoy your radiant as a pendant! make sure you have a sturdy chain.

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Your question has historical aspects.

Louis XIV had a mistress named Louise La Valliere. It was her trademark to wear a large pendant. This is because she was small chested and she thought it "distracted" people from her small chest. To this day large pendants of a certain style are called. "Lavaliers".

So, having a small chest does not prevent one from a) wearing a large pendant b) becoming mistress to a king c) leaving your mark on the history of jewelry!
9.gif
9.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 8:39:24 AM
Author: ladykemma
ha! I''m the opposite. chesty and plus size. ''dainty'' doesn''t do it for me. I strive to wear pendants at least 3/4 -1 inch square (the size of a quarter)

huge diamond cluster hearts, ebay finds.

enjoy your radiant as a pendant! make sure you have a sturdy chain.
I love it LadyK! You always make me smile!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2006 2:13:40 PM
Author: Beacon

Louis XIV had a mistress named Louise La Valliere. It was her trademark to wear a large pendant. This is because she was small chested and she thought it ''distracted'' people from her small chest. To this day large pendants of a certain style are called. ''Lavaliers''.

So, having a small chest does not prevent one from a) wearing a large pendant b) becoming mistress to a king c) leaving your mark on the history of jewelry!
9.gif
9.gif
You have given me the PERFECT conversation icebreaker for tonight''s family get together. THANK YOU!!!!!!!!! How interesting!!!

darling

Shiny_Rock

Louis XIV had a mistress named Louise La Valliere. It was her trademark to wear a large pendant. This is because she was small chested and she thought it ''distracted'' people from her small chest. To this day large pendants of a certain style are called. ''Lavaliers''.

9.gif
9.gif
That''s a good one Beacon, there is hope for some of us still...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t see any reason you need cleavage to wear a large pendant. I think it just boils down to preference.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you''re silly to worry about such stuff lol ;-) Either that or I need a serious 8 carat pendant! hhaha ;-)

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 2:27:06 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
I think you''re silly to worry about such stuff lol ;-) Either that or I need a serious 8 carat pendant! hhaha ;-)
I have always wished I had Jaimie Lee Curtis'' figure---I thought the locket she wore in "A Fish Called Wanda" was perfect on her. A gal always wants what she can''t have, I guess. lol My daughter has a wonderful figure and looks great in longer chains and larger pendents. Oh well!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 1:48:30 AM
Author: kcoursolle
I don''t see any reason you need cleavage to wear a large pendant. I think it just boils down to preference.
1.gif

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 1:46:23 AM
Author: darling

9.gif
9.gif
That''s a good one Beacon, there is hope for some of us still...
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never really even thought about cleavage and jewels. I guess if you are self conscious and something is hangin low and you feel people are paying attention to your less than ample chest, it might be bothersome. However, I just do not see it as being a major issue...just enjoy your sparkle...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You don't need cleavage to wear a pendant.

Instead of placing it up there hang the pendant from a necklace that goes around your neck.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 8:08:41 PM
Author: kenny
You don''t need cleavage to wear a pendant.

Instead of placing it up there hang the pendant from a necklace that goes around your neck.
Oooh, for a horifying moment I was thinking you were visualizing pierced nips. Don''t worry Kenny, I WAS thinking only of a chain and pendant deal--nothing exotic for now! LMAO

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 8:08:31 PM
Author: diamondfan
I never really even thought about cleavage and jewels. I guess if you are self conscious and something is hangin low and you feel people are paying attention to your less than ample chest, it might be bothersome. However, I just do not see it as being a major issue...just enjoy your sparkle...
Naw, it''s not a major issue. Just something that crossed my mind.
41.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t really think that there needs to be a corelation. In fact, I think bigger cleavage would detract from the jewels, but that''s just me.....

I say wear it, no matter what!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/24/2006 8:19:02 PM
Author: justjulia

Date: 12/24/2006 8:08:41 PM
Author: kenny
You don''t need cleavage to wear a pendant.

Oooh, for a horifying moment I was thinking you were visualizing pierced nips. Don''t worry Kenny, I WAS thinking only of a chain and pendant deal--nothing exotic for now! LMAO
oh I love that *for now* part hahahaha ;-)
41.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results