shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have jewelry you don’t wear that you’ve retweaked?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I bought an expensive bar set diamond baguette and round anniversary band many years ago on impulse. I never liked the bar set stones. The diamonds are high quality and set in platinum. I wear it for a day but I just didn’t like it. I found myself looking for a prong set band that wasn’t bar set. It never occurred to me to just have David Klass redo the ring with prongs. I just got my cad back. It’s a simple tweak but I’m very excited to add this new band to my rotation.
This is the before.. DCB44117-86EF-4307-A8A9-58487A94D2DD.jpeg
This the cad David just sent me..
D42AC379-1530-4A4B-A293-84D4FC27E060.jpeg
I can’t wait to get it! I would love to see jewelry that you tweaked and now wear.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes! I had a mother’s ring stack that I had made into a pendant instead:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stacking-mother’s-rings-turned-pendant.236460/#post-4264303

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
what a great idea! I’m excited to see finished pics and hoping you’ll be wearing it a whole lot more!

Beagles

Shiny_Rock
How wonderful for you! Looking forward to seeing the result.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
Yay to new jewelry life! Hope you'll update when it's all done :)
These are bad photos but this was my revamp project with Jade Trau.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
I just had my navette ring that I seldom wore repurposed into 2 bands.
Will be repurposing pieces that have sentimental value and sell the ones that don’t. I’d like to think repurposing, like recycling plastic, is good for the environment with the added benefit of being kind(er) to one’s wallet, lol.

ETA: forgot to add pics

Before:
8E04A49B-AB82-448B-BAB1-0C5D26ED7615.jpeg

After:

B9A9DF9F-C4FA-4A06-B687-8F7AEC8214B7.jpeg

Last edited:

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
There is a thread on "show me your recycled pieces" or something like that. It is fun to view. Dan M is doing two projects for me like this. For now I only have cads because I'm waiting (impatiently) to get them. One is this ring that belonged to my mom; didn't like the band and it was set WAY too high. See the CAD with what he will do to it:

tourm mom2.jpg tourm mom.jpg
dan redo.jpg

And the other is a redo of this cocktail ring :

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Will be repurposing pieces that have sentimental value and sell the ones that don’t. I’d like to think repurposing, like recycling plastic, is good for the environment with the added benefit of being kind(er) to one’s wallet, lol.

Before:

After:

Wow those bands are so pretty!

MelMc

Rough_Rock
I had a band redone last year after being aggravated with it for 20 years. The original 2mm sapphires and diamonds came out of a family piece. I chose a band that in the catalog had a very dramatic wave shape. The model they pictured must have been tiny to make those curves out of 9 stones because when I got the ring the wave was barely a ripple. I spent 20 years feeling like the ring just looked bent and not shaped. It's now a straight half hoop eternity and I'm much happier.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Before:

After:

@maita13 are the stones in the band collet-set? They look great in the reset!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, they are, @foxinsox ! Thank you! Frontal and side Jew pic from DK:
459B15F9-24C1-4D90-8397-68CC6CC9086B.jpeg
Ugh, perfection! I’m dead! Thanks for the extra pictures.
I’ve got a channel-set 7-stone band I’ve been toying with the idea of getting reset and collets are quite high in the list. It’s lovely to see them in your band.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh, perfection! I’m dead! Thanks for the extra pictures.
I’ve got a channel-set 7-stone band I’ve been toying with the idea of getting reset and collets are quite high in the list. It’s lovely to see them in your band.

Oh, Christ! I just noticed my error...I didn’t mean to say “side Jew pic...” apologies:oops:...but you should go for it, @foxinsox ! My first time to work with DK, and after so much back and forth (the man is a saint, I tell ya), I’m very pleased with the outcome.

And I’m sorry for the thread jacking, @MamaBee ! I’m so excited for you! Can’t wait to see finished product from DK!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes! I had a mother’s ring stack that I had made into a pendant instead:

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/stacking-mother’s-rings-turned-pendant.236460/#post-4264303

@KristinTech What an amazing, creative idea! I love it! Thank you for sharing your thread!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a great idea! I’m excited to see finished pics and hoping you’ll be wearing it a whole lot more!

Thank you @MamaBear It won‘t be a dramatic change for others to see..but for me it’s huge..haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. A lot. I prefer to remodel rather than take a loss.

@elizat I agree..I’m starting to look hard at some of my pieces I don’t wear for some reason or another..haha

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay to new jewelry life! Hope you'll update when it's all done :)
These are bad photos but this was my revamp project with Jade Trau.

@mjea That is an amazing and wonderful transformation! I love that you took many pieces and made the one beautiful piece!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

Before:

After:

@maita13 That was a beautiful idea to make two bands! Everyone is so creative!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
There is a thread on "show me your recycled pieces" or something like that. It is fun to view. Dan M is doing two projects for me like this. For now I only have cads because I'm waiting (impatiently) to get them. One is this ring that belonged to my mom; didn't like the band and it was set WAY too high. See the CAD with what he will do to it:

tourm mom2.jpg tourm mom.jpg
dan redo.jpg

And the other is a redo of this cocktail ring :

@Mreader I love the new version of your mom’s ring! It’s going to be so pretty!
I can’t see what you do with your cocktail ring..I have to go back and see if you came up with an idea! Fun!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a band redone last year after being aggravated with it for 20 years. The original 2mm sapphires and diamonds came out of a family piece. I chose a band that in the catalog had a very dramatic wave shape. The model they pictured must have been tiny to make those curves out of 9 stones because when I got the ring the wave was barely a ripple. I spent 20 years feeling like the ring just looked bent and not shaped. It's now a straight half hoop eternity and I'm much happier.

@melmac I would love to see photos of your new eternity. I’m thinking if redoing mine now after reading remakes of eternities.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m constantly rearranging pearls lol

@MakingTheGrade I’m so impressed with how you make your own jewelry with the pearls you buy. I have to go back and see what you decided with your last..I think lol...pearls purchase...I really liked the station bracelet with the czs.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh, Christ! I just noticed my error...I didn’t mean to say “side Jew pic...” apologies:oops:...but you should go for it, @foxinsox ! My first time to work with DK, and after so much back and forth (the man is a saint, I tell ya), I’m very pleased with the outcome.

And I’m sorry for the thread jacking, @MamaBee ! I’m so excited for you! Can’t wait to see finished product from DK!

There’s no hijacking! I love to hear about everyone’s ideas and purchases..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results