shape
carat
color
clarity

do you have good penmanship?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/20/2009 8:19:15 PM
Author: packrat

Sometimes it''s ok..mostly no. My husband informs me it''s too swirly and wild. I also do an odd cursive/print combo. Mom has really pretty penmanship tho. My dad..sadly looks like he writes w/his toes. 2 notes he left for mom we never tire of teasing him about were ''Wank dunkers'' and ''Busy shitters''..mom and I came up with every possibility we could think of..turns out they were ''Wash dishes'' and ''Buy skittles''.

I was sitting here in my pajamas laughing outloud, but softly so as not to wake up my daughter. Finally it occurred to me that perhaps I should mention to you what pleasure your posting had given me, packrat. It is the silly, little things that happen in a family that make its day to day fabric. Thank you for sharing :).

AGBF
34.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 8:56:59 AM
Author: elledizzy5

My cursive is terrible. It looks like a 2nd grader wrote it. I only learned it in 2-3rd grade, and haven''t used it since. I really have to *think* to use it. I can''t even remember how to do all the letters all the time. Man that sounds bad, but no one has expected cursive of me since I was about 8.

My regular printing is nice when I put even a small amount of effort, but if I''m scrambling to write something down, it''s messy... legible, but messy.

Elledizzy 2nd grade cursive isn''t necessarly a bad thing! Most of the kids in my son''s class have better penmanship than all the adults I know! My son hasn''t learned cursive yet, but he can read all of mine. I hate the fact that I''ve lost that power over him and he can read nearly everything I''ve written. I recall not remembering my mom''s writing for a year or more after I learned to read.

Packrat - I too have the odd cursive/print combo. Some letters I write in cursive and others I print out! lol Nobody had ever mentioned it.

doodle

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 3:42:50 PM
Author: TravelingGal

Actually, I''m curious. What do people do when they are English majors these days? We had blue books we brought to class and had to write essays within the time alloted for the final exam. Do they still do it that way or do you type with a computer and give the professor a file or something?

I majored in English, so pretty much the only time I ever get to use that is when answering questions about my degree, hah! It really depends on the professor. Some still use the blue books, but a lot of them at my school would reserve a computer lab on test days and our tests would be typed, printed, and submitted. Personally, I hate this--I''ve seen waaaay too many people cheat by pulling up notes from their data locker on the school''s network while taking a test, and it''s a lot more difficult for the professor to catch them! In my experience, the age of the professor was a pretty good indicator of how tests would be administered. Interestingly enough, I noticed that teachers who gave tests in the lab graded much more harshly on technical aspects of your writing whereas on paper, it tended to lean more toward content than execution. I guess professors figure if you have the availability of spell check and copying and pasting to reorder paragraphs, etc, your work better be a technical masterpiece!

Amandine

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I do. I have received compliments on it, and was also one of those elementary school penmenship winners.
1.gif
I also do pretty decent with calligraphy, I have done the envelopes for friends and family''s weddings, and for my own--but mine was not traditional calligraphy, I did it to match the font we used in our DIY invites (Feel Script). I had to print out the alphabet in lower and upper case...total pain in the a**, let me tell you!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2009 6:27:35 AM
Author: AGBF

Date:
5/20/2009 8:19:15 PM

Author: packrat

Sometimes it''s ok..mostly no. My husband informs me it''s too swirly and wild. I also do an odd cursive/print combo. Mom has really pretty penmanship tho. My dad..sadly looks like he writes w/his toes. 2 notes he left for mom we never tire of teasing him about were ''Wank dunkers'' and ''Busy shitters''..mom and I came up with every possibility we could think of..turns out they were ''Wash dishes'' and ''Buy skittles''.

I was sitting here in my pajamas laughing outloud, but softly so as not to wake up my daughter. Finally it occurred to me that perhaps I should mention to you what pleasure your posting had given me, packrat. It is the silly, little things that happen in a family that make its day to day fabric. Thank you for sharing :).

AGBF

34.gif

Haha I aim to please!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to have great penmanship. Sadly, nowadays it is not as good as it used to be. I think it''s because I''m too much in a hurry these days. When I make the effort though, I can still pull it out and impress people. I also used to do calligraphy, and have done many a certificate in both italic and Old English. The hardest one I''ve done is the Irish script, (Carolingian?) - it has a lot of push as well as pull strokes. I actually print pretty well too - genetic I think, and the vestiges of several years an engineering school. The hubs on the other hand, has handwriting that resembles cuneiform. I guess we balance out. ;-)

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
I think I have nice penmanship. Usually when another nurse or doctor reads my progress notes they always tell me that my handwriting is so nice.

There is this one person I work with and she has unbelievable penmanship. I want to copy her handwriting, but she writes so tiny it''s hard.

Once I got a bag from an ebay seller in Australia and I loved her handwriting so much, I started writing like her. After a few days, I stopped. It''s hard to change the way you make your "e"s "w"s and "u"s when you have been writing a certain way for so long.

I still have the packaging slip!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results