shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have an Ipad??

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ummm, for everyone who is complaining about the auto-correct...can't you just turn it off?

I don't have an ipad, but we have the auto-correct turned off on our iphones.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
chemgirl|1302279229|2891127 said:
Ummm, for everyone who is complaining about the auto-correct...can't you just turn it off?I don't have an ipad, but we have the auto-correct turned off on our iphones.

That is way too complicated of a solution. Never checked to see. I usually just yell at it when it auto corrects.

Colltee

Rough_Rock
Yep I have an iPad 2 and love it. :love:

Use it mainly for surfing the web/mails etc, very handy when I'm out and about and not near my computers at home/studio.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't think I wanted one/needed one until I was gifted one by my office. If we signed up to some corporate rewards program we could enter to win and , out of 400 or so people, I won!!! =)

It's the simple one, 16gb, no 3G.

I would say you don't need more than the 16gb but I miss having 3G, especially when I want to take it out of the house.

I absolutely LOVE my ipad and use it everyday. Mostly to surf the net and drool on sparkly stuff =)

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
don't have it since I use my laptop~

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got to play with my dad's last week. He has the newest version. It was fun to use but does not replace a laptop and I HATED that it didn't have flash. I forgot how many websites use flash and they won't load on the ipad.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an Ipad2 and I love it. My husband has two laptops, and I have never had one, although we have a mac computer with a giant
screen that we all use and I love that too. I was thinking I didn't need it as well, but when we were planning a trip I decided to get
myself one to take on the trip.

It was the best thing we ever did. We used it when driving for directions. We brought a gps with us but the ipad gps was by far more
accurate. I made hotel reservations on the fly, and we looked up things we wanted to see and thing we saw signs for that we wanted
more information about. We bought the smallest package from verizon and didn't even use all the data and we were on the thing
about 18 hours a day. I paid for another month as we were going out of town again.

The one thing about it that bugs me is if my internet at home isn't working for some reason, I can't get the ipad to shift to verizon.
It just won't.

You can turn off the auto correct and I did pretty quick. Too annoying.

One thing I love-seeing all the cover of my books on my kindle ipad app. I love love love my kindle as a reader and don't use the ipad
as one much, but I love seeing all the covers in color. I have almost 500 books on my kindle so when I want to pick a new one to read
I love to scroll through them all at one time on the ipad. IMO the kindle is the best ireader for a number of reasons but this is the thing
I like about the nook, to be able to see all the covers in color. Solves a problem for me.

You only pay for the data plan when you want it. If you want one month you cancel after a month. It is not a big pain at all.
If you are not using it for music or downloading movies the smallest memory would be fine. We bought a bigger one and could have gone
smaller. You do have to buy some extra things if you want to download photos from a card but it is only about 30 bucks.

I would recommend one. I love it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't "get" tablets. I would rather just have a laptop.

Alistra

Shiny_Rock
Yes, and I love it! It is great for taking notes in class, reading, web browsing and email. We also took it on vacation instead of bringing a laptop as we usually do.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I haven't bought mine yet (soon though), but I am getting a 32gb (no 3G). For $100 bucks more, I do not want to regret not having the additional space.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The difference between a laptop and an ipad is the speed with which you can get online. There is no waiting to boot up or turn on.
I have a smart cover and i just lift it up and touch the icon. Instant access. When I am finished I put the cover down and it turns off saves the battery.

ChloeTheGreat

Brilliant_Rock
I bought my iPad 2 a couple months ago. I love it! I got it to prolong the life of my laptop, which is 5 years old, has a completely dead battery, a power cord that is about to snap, and frequently experiences the "pink screen of death".
The iPad takes most of the responsibility off my dying computer. It works perfectly for what I need, which is basically just email and web access.

And I can even play Words With Friends on it! :bigsmile:

kiett98

Shiny_Rock
I just got my iPad 2 16gb wifi this past Friday and I love it! We have a dekstop, two laptops, and two smart phones between us- but it was so nice just opening up the smart cover and looking something up on Google. or watching HBO GO while my husband was watching a movie on tv that I had no interest in. It will definitely continue to get a lot of use.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1314023657|2996497 said:
The one thing about it that bugs me is if my internet at home isn't working for some reason, I can't get the ipad to shift to verizon.
It just won't.
Have you tried switching off WiFi in the iPad settings?

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
I just returned my birthday ipad for a macbook air. I liked the ipad, but I found myself using it mostly for games and going back to my archaic desktop for computery stuff. Love love love the new 11" macbook air. The battery lasts for 5 hours plus and I haven't rebooted since I got it (over a week ago). I just need to open it, and voila, I have internet. Its also super light and fits in my purse.

I do miss the touchscreen on the ipad. Apple really needs to make a macbook air with a touchscreen!

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Have one LOVE LOVE LOVE it

natsplat

Brilliant_Rock
I have the ASUS Transformer tablet. Cheaper than the iPad, but does all the same things it does, plus Flash capability, USB/SD slots, and isn't locked into iOS. I would thoroughly recommend it :love:

April20

Ideal_Rock
DH and I both have one. I have the V1 and he has V2. Mine is 32, his 64. We love them. We use them for personal and work. My laptop has been on the fritz lately and I pretty much use my iPad in place of it. I wasn't sure how much I'd use it, but I keep finding more ways!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I was traveling the last 5 months and the iPad was BRILLIANT. I got it as a Christmas present. It's not something I would ever have bought for myself, as I didn't see a need for it, but it was just fantastic for traveling. It fits in handbags, with the cover it's not too obvious...so handy. I'm a bit of an Apple fangirl, but the lack of flash can annoy me, so I see the appeal of other tablets. Haven't needed a USB port thus far, so that doesn't annoy me. Yet :cheeky:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Porridge|1314032178|2996637 said:
It just won't.
Yup, it doesn't seem to matter. I think we have a problem with our router. I am not sure that anyone else would have the problem.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
luv2sparkle|1314039142|2996719 said:
Porridge|1314032178|2996637 said:
It just won't.
Yup, it doesn't seem to matter. I think we have a problem with our router. I am not sure that anyone else would have the problem.
I totally feel your pain. My router at home is a difficult beast. It stops working every now and then (read: 5 times a day) and the only solution is to turn it off and on again! Gah. But turning off WiFi in the iPad should make it start working off the 3G and not the home internet?

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I have a laptop, FI has an ipad. He likes it but he says that he would rather have a laptop. Two of my good friends, one being a pharmacist and another one a lawyer say that its very helpful to them in their jobs.

Colltee

Rough_Rock
You can't stick a laptop in a small handbag and are a bit of a pain to lug around with you if you're travelling. I have a mac laptop 17" and it's a bit*h to carry around - super heavy. I recently did a month long trip across the US and the iPad was invaluable during that in particular. it's also a super little tool for my work (photographer) as I can show clients shots at meeting etc. very quickly and easily. I never thought an iPad was of any use to me until I bought one, haven't looked back.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I inherited my DH's iPad when we got him the iPad2. We both love them. He uses his for work and carries it everywhere with him. I take mine to work and do email and notes on it but I don't use it a lot at work. At home I use it a lot. I play Angry Birds on it. surf the net, post on PS, read the news and have the Kindle app on it so it's now my ereader.

My laptop is a Macbook Air and I wouldn't give it up but I use my iPad now more frequently than I use my laptop.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both my 2 and 4 yr old's love our ipads! So many educational games and programs to learn from, some of them free! My older son even learned the alphabet w/ it!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
My hubby bought me one. I love it and use it pretty much all the time. The touch pad took me sometime to get used to though.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I posted earlier saying I didn't think tablets were all that useful...but now I've changed my mind. I bought an Android tablet and love it! I take it EVERYwhere. I use it for games, videos, webcam chatting, reading (everything from textbooks to comic books), you name it. It definitely does not replace a laptop for me, because I still find typing on the touch screen a little cumbersome. But when I go on trips, I now take my tablet instead of my laptop. It's much smaller and lighter and has better battery life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results