shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a wierd sense of humor?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock

This is just a random thought that streaked (in the 70''s sense) through my brain while reading another thread, so please, either indulge me or ignore me, which ever seems more appropriate to your sensibilities.

Do you or someone you love have a sense of humor that is skewed compared to most other people''s? I think I fall into this camp. I bought the game Apples to Apples for Christmas thinking this would be a fun time (and that I would naturally ROCK at this). Hubby and I played it with two other couples at a Christmas party and people were just looking at me with perplexed looks!

One example of my humor..... my then thirteen year old daughter wanted to dress as a beauty queen for Haloween, and I wanted to make her sash say Miss Ogyny.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love Apples to Apples!! I think your friends are the weirdos for not thinking it''s funny. All my friends love that game.

My brother has a somewhat ''off'' sense of humor. I think he''s just in the wrong country - he''d get along great in Britain (from what I''ve seen of their television, anyway).

joflier

Ideal_Rock
I love that game!!!!!! Its hysterical! I love the little quotes at the bottom of the cards, too. Ya, my humor is a bit warped and sometimes hard to understand. I talk in puns quite a bit, too, and I''m always really impressed if someone catches on to it.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I dont know if my humor is weird or not. I am really shy so I did stand up a few times when I was 18-19 to work up the courage to speak in front of others. People always laughed, but they were shocked seeing a tiny girl who sounded 13 talking about VERY raunchy material. I''ve never had people not laugh though. Smiling and laughter is contagious, and it is my favorite desease... yawning is my least favorite eye catching disease!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:36:49 PM
Author: joflier
I love that game!!!!!! Its hysterical! I love the little quotes at the bottom of the cards, too. Ya, my humor is a bit warped and sometimes hard to understand. I talk in puns quite a bit, too, and I''m always really impressed if someone catches on to it.
Hah! I think we''d get along well.
9.gif
I''m the same way. Most of the tim my humor flies over people''s heads. Oh well. I think I''m funny.

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Tumbleweeds tend to follow me when I tell jokes
15.gif
. I find that when you explain a joke for the second (or more) time, it tends to lose its funny.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I love that game!!!!!! Its hysterical! I love the little quotes at the bottom of the cards, too. Ya, my humor is a bit warped and sometimes hard to understand. I talk in puns quite a bit, too, and I'm always really impressed if someone catches on to it.
My family is all about puns. We will literally go on and on. I love it. But get some very strange looks sometimes.

My 4 yr old niece, on Christmas morning, came down to find that Santa had left quite a mess after eating the cookies and drinking the milk. Her response...
"Santa sure is a crumb-y guy!!!" LOL, my brother threw a white napkin in the middle of the room and walked out. I mean, how do you compete with a 4 yr old?!?

A friend of mine told a hilarious Chemistry joke a few weeks ago, and while we were literally rolling on the ground, not one other person standing around even got it.
37.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:39:13 PM
Author: geckodani

9.gif
I''m the same way. Most of the tim my humor flies over people''s heads. Oh well. I think I''m funny.
Yeah, I think I''m pretty funny too. But I think that''s a good thing, because we can never fail to entertain ourselves!
19.gif

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:39:13 PM

9.gif
That''s what I choose to think too, but it just may be that it''s so far below the normal person''s sensibilities!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
FI and I both have very similar warped senses of humor. We walk the line of crass most of the time. Apparently it''s even more hysterical because I''m a woman making the inappropriate jokes. I''m known to have to filter sometimes. It''s all part of my charm...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Also funny. Time has an e on the end. Which I left off in that now oft quoted phrase. Meh. Oh well.

Joflier- heck yeah! Entertaining oneself is important.
9.gif

Upgradable - Over their heads, under their feet. Whatever. We''re hilarious.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:54:21 PM
Also funny. Time has an e on the end. Which I left off in that now oft quoted phrase. Meh. Oh well.

Joflier- heck yeah! Entertaining oneself is important.
9.gif

Upgradable - Over their heads, under their feet. Whatever. We''re hilarious.
Just ask us!!!!
emotion-15.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don''t think I have a weird sense of humour. I do get along better in the UK than the US. My sense of humour is too dry and sarcastic for the South of the US, but not dry or cutting enough for London. I try to be more friendly on the internet and use lots of smiles so I don''t put people off.

I''ve never heard of apples to apples.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think *other* people think I have a weird sense of humor, but, of course, they''re all wrong.

I always know I''ll get along with someone when we enjoy the same television programs. My favorites are The Office (BBC and US versions) and Curb Your Enthusiasm. If someone doesn''t like Curb, especially, that''s a clear sign we just won''t get each other.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
When I was in grad school, we often went to classmates'' courses to observe how others teach. We all joked that it was so nice to have a colleague sitting in the back, because FINALLY someone would laugh at your jokes! I''m always very, very aware of how different my sense of humor is when I''m teaching because the silence can be a complete ego-crusher. Luckily, there''s usually one or two students who will pick up right away and have an off-beat sense of humor, too -it''s kindof fun watching the one person who is grinning in the back while everyone else has their brow wrinkled.

I don''t know how funny I am, but I love, love, love people with an off-beat or really witty sense of humor. My DH pays attention to the strange details the same way I do, and our friends/family are largely the same (or, our friends ARE the strange details and we''re just taking it in).

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Both my hubby and myself have pretty good senses of humor.... We are both terribly sarcastic (at least to those who know us well). To an "outsider" we might look like huge a$sh@l&%... But we really are super nice people! (I swear!!
28.gif
)

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:43:11 PM
Author: coatimundi
Yah, I do.
3.gif
Absolutely! Fi and I have exactly the same sense of humour.
but I've often thought if someone was a fly on the wall in our home, they'd think us very odd, or maybe just rude. !
3.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I must. DH tells me I have a dark clown living inside me.
3.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Completely OFF, Totally not right at all!

In fact it''s the reason hubbs and I are married. His mother was a client on my massage table several years ago now. She was talking (driving me nuts). I said something that struck her and she immediately wanted to know if I was single and if so she had a son I should meet. Obviously it all fell into place because here we are abou to celebrate our 6th anniversay!

At Thanksgiving I asked her what it was about me that she was so sure that I''d like her son. She said I had a totally weird sense of humor just like her son''s. It''s true, we''re completely off in the head in the same way. We have the funniest view on things, the craziest conversations and find the oddest things amusing. I''m the girl version of him, and he''s just a weirdo.
31.gif

Scorpioanne

Shiny_Rock
"Miss Ogyny" Upgradable that''s fabulous!
Yes, I have a wierd sense of humour, I use is a lot when I teach especially Human Sexuality as sex is funny and I think it helps people talk about it more easily.

MishB

Brilliant_Rock
Of course, I''m Australian.
31.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 11:45:15 PM
Author: Scorpioanne
''Miss Ogyny'' Upgradable that''s fabulous!

Yes, I have a wierd sense of humour, I use is a lot when I teach especially Human Sexuality as sex is funny and I think it helps people talk about it more easily.

I think I must either be really slow or really sad because I first saw that this morning and it is now past dinner time and I only just got it
20.gif

I probabbly do, I find most things thourghly amusing most of the time :).

LGK

Ideal_Rock
My husband especially has an offbeat sense of humor, but I do too. He''s the master of straight faced humor, so 99% of people miss when he''s being funny. Especially at work. We both rag on each other with straight faces a lot, and I know the staff we work with sometimes thinks we''re totally serioius.

My husband''s dad is the worst. He loves telling tall tales, which sometimes get repeated as truth for years. Like, for example, he once told his ex-wife that the small town of Grand Mound got it''s name because it was built on an enormous pile of steer manure. She repeated this for *years* as gospel truth, and other people picked it up and repeated it, and finally it got back around to my FIL- someone told *him* all about the true nature of Grand Mound! Also, my husband and his brother both were convinced until I married him that the barbecued pork at Chinese restaurants (you know, the kind served with hot mustard and sesame seeds) was actually rattlesnake. I bought some and was eating it with both of them around, and they were was like "Um... you really like rattlesnake?" Too funny! And tarantula hawks. They both believed tarantula hawks existed for many many years- flying tarantulas- and that they''d actually seen them, just because their dad told them they were flying around outside their car so often. And now their stepbrother believes in them. I''m sure if I have kids, they too will believe in tarantula hawks!) And the practical jokes... there was one involving a lamb tongue and a lot of ketchup that I''ve heard about many times...

The scariest sense of humor in a person I ever ran across was a college instructor I had. She found other people''s pain or extreme discomfort hilarious. She would make terribly cutting remarks, often about someone''s appearance (it was a theatrical makeup class) and if the person appeared hurt she would just laugh her butt off. I remember I did something to hurt myself once in her class- stubbed toe? something like that- and she also thought that it was soooooo funny that I was in pain. Awesome.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tend to be a smartass most of the time, but I would not say that my sense of humor is weird...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/9/2009 12:17:42 PM
Author:Upgradable

This is just a random thought that streaked (in the 70's sense) through my brain while reading another thread, so please, either indulge me or ignore me, which ever seems more appropriate to your sensibilities.

Do you or someone you love have a sense of humor that is skewed compared to most other people's? I think I fall into this camp. I bought the game Apples to Apples for Christmas thinking this would be a fun time (and that I would naturally ROCK at this). Hubby and I played it with two other couples at a Christmas party and people were just looking at me with perplexed looks!

One example of my humor..... my then thirteen year old daughter wanted to dress as a beauty queen for Haloween, and I wanted to make her sash say Miss Ogyny.

Upgradeable, I think the two of us would get along great humour-wise--the first time I played Apples to Apples, I gave myself stomach cramps from laughing so hard. I LOVE that game!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
husband says that i have no sense of humor. he laughs at stuff that is slightly funny. people tell me that i am funny. a couple people told me that i should have a routine. i dont think that i have an off-beat sense of humor, but i dont laugh at what most people think is funny

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results