Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always reverse in to parking spaces!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In a lot, I do that myself. I also search for end caps (because people can't be trusted...lol)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, by law. I think it should be law everywhere, muahahahaha.:eek2:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. They are required in my state. I have a German car and they have to order me a plate that fits on the front grill.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Reversing in is fine. The illegal part, in South Africa anyway, is parallel parking (on a two way street) on the wrong side of the road, so that you have to cut across traffic coming towards you and then face against the oncoming traffic once parked.

I park like it the whole time here - I just indicate right to cut across oncoming traffic once it’s clear and then parallel park on the other side of the road. There’s never enough parking spaces to not take advantage of one that I’m in spitting distance of! And I don’t think it’s illegal here in the UK?!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
back when we did hard core 4x4ing we got sick of having to continually replace or reattach the front plate so we got a sticker made
which was legal so long as we had real plates on the back
when we would go get a warrent of fitness it was always frowned on
so yes plates on the back and front here in NZ irrespective of the country of origin

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Reversing in is fine. The illegal part, in South Africa anyway, is parallel parking (on a two way street) on the wrong side of the road, so that you have to cut across traffic coming towards you and then face against the oncoming traffic once parked.

I park like it the whole time here - I just indicate right to cut across oncoming traffic once it’s clear and then parallel park on the other side of the road. There’s never enough parking spaces to not take advantage of one that I’m in spitting distance of! And I don’t think it’s illegal here in the UK?!

Ok so I think I get what you're saying, Generally in the states, no matter what side of the street you're on, you can't parallel park against the flow of traffic, you have to park with the flow of traffic.

but y'all don't have issues with banging Uie's right?

mjr1

Rough_Rock
NY state here-no front plate for me. I know its the law, but my car didn't have a bracket on the front, I don't want the bumper drilled, so I keep it in the trunk and figure I will pay the fine if I get pulled over......

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok so I think I get what you're saying, Generally in the states, no matter what side of the street you're on, you can't parallel park against the flow of traffic, you have to park with the flow of traffic.

but y'all don't have issues with banging Uie's right?

Took me a while to work out what banging a uie is!!

U turns are fine here except if there’s a sign specifically prohibiting them. Roads are often narrow here compared to the US though, which naturally limits where you can do one without it turning into a 3 point turn!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results