shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a CZ e-ring for travel purposes?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
No, I leave my diamond e-ring at home and take just the wedding band.
No, I take my diamond e-ring with me.
Yes, I have an exact replica of my diamond e-ring.
Yes, I have a CZ e-ring that does not resemble my diamond e-ring.
Yes, I have a CZ e-ring the size of a small dog just for fun!

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Crap... looks like I messed THAT up. So much for the online poll. Y'all just hafta Holla!

katbadness

Shiny_Rock
----------------
On 5/24/2004 5:44:24 PM verticalhorizon wrote:

No, I leave my diamond e-ring at home and take just the wedding band.

No, I take my diamond e-ring with me.

Yes, I have an exact replica of my diamond e-ring.

Yes, I have a CZ e-ring that does not resemble my diamond e-ring.

Yes, I have a CZ e-ring the size of a small dog just for fun!

----------------

I'm not quite there yet (don't have an e-ring!), but I'd say 1, 4 and 5 (not quite the size of a small dog, but it should show up *huge* on teeny finger, ugh!)

Right now I have 1 CZ that I do play with, however, another is done being cut, ready to be shipped! Yay!
11.gif
9.gif

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Depends on where we go.

If we go to Lake Havasu or Mexico I wear a sterling silver band or a sterling silver emerald/ruby/sapphire bezel set band I purchased for fun.

If we are going to Vegas or somewhere we aren't going to be doing alot of activities all sparkley baubles travel with! LOL,,,hehehe.

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love having my rings with me when I travel. We went to Ireland two years ago and my hubby insisted that I not bring my wedding ring. I missed it the whole time and noticed that everyone else on the trip had THEIR rings on! I wore a narrow wedding band and an inexpensive emerald and diamond band there.

We just got back from a week vacation at a beach. I took this time to send my 3 stone anniversary ring (my avatar) in to be sized. It's so new that I was worried about leaving it in the condo when we out to the beach even though it's insured. I DID take my wedding ring, though. It's old, lol.

I have two CZs but neither are set yet. I may take one with me when we travel in the future but I don't know if I'll bring it INSTEAD of my other rings.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Of course I take it with me. I live in Queens, NY dahling...If I can wear it there ....I'll wear it anywhere....it's up to you.... lol... I'll even wear it on the 7 train...ooohhhhhh :0

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi:

Just back from Palm Springs--and my jewels travelled well, as they always do. In fact, they are cleaner on vacation than while at home (as I take an old toothbrush and tidy them up when in the shower--sunscreen being the usual "dirty" suspect). No "pastes" for me!

slb

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
I have an exact replica of one of my wedding bands that i take with me in CZ & sterling...butI ALWAYS miss my real rings when i am away. But there is soemthing to be said about the peace of mind of knowing my real stuff is safe in the bank while I am not home, even though we have a house sitter for our dogs so there is always someone home.

I heard chlorine & salt water are bad for dimaonds/platinum/gold... Am I misinformed? this is a main reason i just wear fakes...we usually do the resort thing on vacay--lazy bums.
2.gif

chialea

Brilliant_Rock
In one of the discussions about cleaners here, and the discussion about "dissapearing gold rings", people said that you should NOT expose your gold rings to bleach/chlorine. They said platinum is fine, though. Platinum is pretty non-reactive, which is one of the reasons it sticks around for so long. I'm certainly no expert, but with platinum rings, I'd be more worried about 1. nasty sea gunk getting stuck in the metalwork and rotting and stinking and 2. a diamond falling out, to be lost at sea.

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!
1.gif

I'll probably stick to cz while away...why risk it?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Nope. If I go to a place where I'm worried about losing my rings I don't bring them. If I'm going to be doing something active my rings are just going to get in the way. If I'm going to some place unsafe, my rings are going to make me a target whether they're real or fake, so why risk getting hurt or frightened over my sparklies?

verticalhorizon

Brilliant_Rock
Good replies everyone. I'm still torn.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results