shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you have a China cabinet full of treasures?

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
20190624_224058.jpg
this is in our entrance way
at night it sparkles in the light
the other half found this cabinet in one of the few local places that stocks this kind of thing
people always think it was mum's but my dad managed a furniture factory and my mum always had new furniture - my dad would have been paranoid about boerer beatle eatting the whole house !
and very few things in there are mum's because she lived through the Christchurch earthquakes

the bottom one is in our spair bedroom as
its a bit excessive and i dont want to frighten the neighbourhod 20190624_155451.jpg
Love seeing that other people share my fondness for China. I’ve been collecting since my teens. My daughter is somewhat embarrassed by “all the stuff” but her friends are both enthralled and intrigued. My friends are well used to me and will seek out my advice when they “inherit” various bits and pieces. I stopped one friend from taking an original Grant Featherston contour chair and ottoman to the tip! When I told her it was worth around $5,000 (original fabric in excellent condition) her jaw hit the ground.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love seeing that other people share my fondness for China. I’ve been collecting since my teens. My daughter is somewhat embarrassed by “all the stuff” but her friends are both enthralled and intrigued. My friends are well used to me and will seek out my advice when they “inherit” various bits and pieces. I stopped one friend from taking an original Grant Featherston contour chair and ottoman to the tip! When I told her it was worth around $5,000 (original fabric in excellent condition) her jaw hit the ground.
your friend was lucky you were around that day !
i try to never buy trendy things that will date in 5 seconds flat
unfortunately my really good Lladro is too tall to fit in the china cabinet so when we redo the bathroom and open up the toilet and bathroom into one wet room we are going to be able to close off the toilet door (right now if you knocked on my front door and the hallway door was open you would see right into our loo) and build some sort of custom shelving in the hall for it
its all still in its origonal boxes complete with their lay-buy dockets and receipts or birthday cards from when i brought them or were guided them by mum and dad in the early '90's - in the garage :cry2:
that's cool that your daughter has nice friends who admire your things
when my mum downsized and moved cities she made sure to give my best friend some nice things

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results