shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you get your nails done often?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. All the time. I would not be able to not have my nails done. They are of utmost importance to me. Luckily, DH also liked nice nails. He says they look more feminine.

Besides, I wouldn't be able to take all my ring selfies with the distraction of haggardly nails/fingers. I'm a nail biter whenever my nails don't look good, and I'll chew off my cuticles and make them bleed. It's so gross.

IMG_7958.JPG

IMG_1374.JPG

IMG_1468.JPG

Oh wow!! You have beautiful nails!!

I'm also obsessed with nails!! I get my mani & pedi done every 2 weeks, or even 10 days, gel nails - always! Can't look at my nails un-manicured, I'd die! lol

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow!! You have beautiful nails!!

I'm also obsessed with nails!! I get my mani & pedi done every 2 weeks, or even 10 days, gel nails - always! Can't look at my nails un-manicured, I'd die! lol

Thank you Phoenix! I do my manicure every 3-4 weeks depending on if it's lifted or not, and pedicure every 2 months. My body doesn't manage keratin well, so my nails grow super slow.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can't paint my own nails to save my life so I get manicures every 2-3 weeks or so. I had a pretty bad nail biting habit all the way to my mid-20s and kind of ruined them, so they look pretty bad un-manicured.

P

PierreBear

I might do my finger nails maybe once a year for some sort of event. However, in general I like to just keep it bare and short.

I have about 15 shades of color that I rotate and paint my toe nails. I keep it painted generally year round but started to give a few days off of breathing room to try and avoid the yellow tint.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No I never do anymore. I don't wear nail polish or toe polish but I appreciate them on other people. Very pretty. But my nails don't like it and so I finally stopped trying. Easier this way. Plus my BIL is a podiatrist and he has given me all the info and I feel it is just too risky (for me) to get a safe pedicure. Those foot spas just cannot be sterilized properly between clients. Given my surgical history I am staying away from them but generally for most they are OK I think.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started using gels two years ago when I had major 'woman' surgery and they fell apart and I loved those gels. But after I noticed the damage and a possible fungus that was happening, even while applying my own gel manis, I decided to go natural. I am now using this product that totally repaired my nails to a beautiful natural state. I don't think I'll ever use gels again.
It's a daily keratin treatment and it's worked wonders!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh some of you are very lucky. I'd love to have someone who actually could do my nails the way I want them done. But as soon as somebody starts picking at my cuticles all bets are off. They're actually fine and healthy, but sensitive..I'm weird...lol

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never, my dermatologist would fire me for taking undue risk. Disease transmission. Unless your manicurist autoclaves every tool and uses correct dilution and contact time to bleach the surfaces your hands and feet touch---hepatitis, fungi 20160912_112237.jpg , warts, HIV, etc.

I used to bring my own tools and nail polish, etc., just not interested enough to do this ant more.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't remember the last time I had a manicure. Last pedicure I had done was probably in 2012? I just do everything myself. Pumice stone in my shower every few days to keep my feet smooth. Clip my fingernails 2-3x/month and round the edges a bit, maaaaybe throw on a coat or two of pale pink polish once in awhile. I grew up playing piano and that is a short-nails-required instrument. Fingernails clacking on the keys = awful. Fingernails caught between keys = awful AND painful.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I started using gels two years ago when I had major 'woman' surgery and they fell apart and I loved those gels. But after I noticed the damage and a possible fungus that was happening, even while applying my own gel manis, I decided to go natural. I am now using this product that totally repaired my nails to a beautiful natural state. I don't think I'll ever use gels again.
It's a daily keratin treatment and it's worked wonders!

Hi Sandeek, that's great.:appl: Could you share the name of the keratin treatment you use? Thanks so much.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Sure! It's made by CND. It's called RescueRx, Daily Keratin Treatment. I don't want to sound like a shill, but I am a bit of a nail person and this truly is the best product I have used for natural nails. It needs to be applied to a naked nail. It's an oil that you massage in twice a day or more if I am home. :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy Sure! It's made by CND. It's called RescueRx, Daily Keratin Treatment. I don't want to sound like a shill, but I am a bit of a nail person and this truly is the best product I have used for natural nails. It needs to be applied to a naked nail. It's an oil I massage in twice a day or more if I am home. :)

Thank you Sandeek! I am going to check it out. I don't wear nail polish and need help with my big toenail on the foot of the leg I broke. It never grew in right after 8 months of not growing at all after the trauma. So this would be amazing if it could help. Thanks so much for sharing it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek, thank you! Just ordered it and it should be here within 2-7 days. I will report back.:wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sandeek, thank you! Just ordered it and it should be here within 2-7 days. I will report back.:wavey:

My pleasure! It has amazing reviews and I'm very impressed. I hope you like it and that it works for your toe! It smells fabulous too!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We used to have a show me your nail polish thread some time ago and I was a frequent contributor;-)

I do my nails on Sunday nights after kids are in bed. It's much faster for me to do my own nails rather than go to a salon. Takes me about half hour to do a full mani and I can catch up on netflix at the same time. I have a nice collection of mainstream and indie polish brands in variety of colors.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We used to have a show me your nail polish thread some time ago and I was a frequent contributor;-)

I do my nails on Sunday nights after kids are in bed. It's much faster for me to do my own nails rather than go to a salon. Takes me about half hour to do a full mani and I can catch up on netflix at the same time. I have a nice collection of mainstream and indie polish brands in variety of colors.

Baby monster, have you tried any of the formaldehyde-free nail polishes? If so, your thoughts?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Baby monster, have you tried any of the formaldehyde-free nail polishes? If so, your thoughts?
Most polishes are at least 3 free at this point so majority don't contain formaldehyde. Some are 5 free and now few brands are 7 free. I don't have any of the old polishes that used to have formaldehyde to compare them to new ones.

Greys0n

Rough_Rock
i have own good nails I just care for them that's all

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results