shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you expect you'll watch King Charles III's coronation May 6?

Do you expect you'll watch King Charles III's coronation May 6?

• Absolutely Yes!

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Probably

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Maybe. yes maybe no

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Probably not

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Absolutely Not!

Votes: 22 22.4%

• Total voters

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes...but it may be a re-run.

Although this one may be more low-key than the last, I still love all the pomp and circumstance. Looking forward to seeing
tiaras, other jewels, and of course, the gowns.

HGar

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to mention I believe it will be an once in a lifetime event for me personally, as I do not expect to live long enough to see William ascending the throne.

DK :))

DK I’m 53 this year so I’m hoping that Charles will have at least 15-20yrs if he takes after his parents and grandmother then I’ll hopefully watch William and Catherine ascend when I’m in my 60’s-70’s.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I voted absolutely not. I really just don't have any interest. I did watch a little of the Queen's funeral though.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Likely snippets.

cheers--Sharon

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
a warm up to the corrination
just watched this
it was wonderful
saw the NZ flag like about 12 times
so much more tha ust who wore what brooch
but some lovelly jewlery on the other contributers
the choir from Cyprus and the Rwandian ballet are worthy of mention

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As mentioned in the other thread, I wonder what the new Duchess of Edinburgh will wear on her head.

I do hope she'll now have access to the bigger tiaras in the royal vault - I would like to believe Queen Cam likes to share.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
As mentioned in the other thread, I wonder what the new Duchess of Edinburgh will wear on her head.

I do hope she'll now have access to the bigger tiaras in the royal vault - I would like to believe Queen Cam likes to share.

because this thread needs more pictures !!!!

that lovely but slightly dinky aqua cyclops (I do actually love it -the colour is right up my ally) would look lovely on Lady louise
All-About-Sophie-Wessex-Unique-Aquamarine-Tiara-1112322-3-3f164c5ea8334984b74a0fa25281d129.jpg

i dream of Sophie wearing something spectacularly forgotton from the vault, and then worthy of a life time loan
perhaps if the two earlier marriages had worked out the Queen and Prince Philip would have given her something a little better than the (recently much improved) cat's ears

sophie-countess-of-wessex-wedding-tiara-1294492.jpg

or maybe just some descent diamonds to pretty up the base the 5 aquamarine tiara
_sophiefiveaquamarine.jpg

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup - thought I might watch a replay rather than watching it in real time in the wee hours.

Among other things, I’m curious to see whether they’ll have the Stone of Scone there. We saw the real thing in Scotland, and we’ve seen the movie (Stone of Destiny) about the stone’s repatriation to Scotland. In fact, we might want to re-watch that before the coronation, just for fun.

Yes the Stone of Scone will be there. It had cracked in half when moved and has since been repaired. The Stone will be transported back and IIRC, it will have a better place of honor rather than below the throne. The throne also has undergone repairs.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Watch it for what reasons? (I voted “absolutely not”)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds I didnt think Lady Louise could wear a tiara because she's not married. Or, is there some kind of exception
for the coronation?

I'm glad that Sophie is now a Duchess. Hopefully it will give her access to some bigger and different tiaras.

Do you think Beatrice and Eugenie will be wearing tiaras? I have no idea who should be wearing what.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
I voted absolutely not, as I've never had the interest to watch any British royal family broadcasts. No hard feelings, just no interest. I'm sure I'll come upon some snippets of it on my insta feed later, though, and that's ok as I'll be mildly curious about the jewellery.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I didnt think Lady Louise could wear a tiara because she's not married. Or, is there some kind of exception
for the coronation?

I'm glad that Sophie is now a Duchess. Hopefully it will give her access to some bigger and different tiaras.

Do you think Beatrice and Eugenie will be wearing tiaras? I have no idea who should be wearing what.

i really hope all these so called 'rules' are just surmized by the press on a slow news day
Princess Margarete wore a tiara before her marrage as did Anne although they were both daughters and in Margaret's case also sister of a soverign so much further up the pecking order

Princess Alexandra didnt wear a tiara to the late Queen's corrination at 17 (or 16?) but HRH did wear the correnet when the Queen was crowned

Europe is overflowing with Crown Princesses right now so im hoping we will see lots and lots of important tiaras

IF Beatrice and Eugenie wear a tiara i hope that Lady Louise is allowed to
i have always felt sorry for Louise and James being the youngest of the late Queen and Philip's grandchildren,

I would hope that B & E will wear tiaras because when else will they get the oppertunity ?
Perhaps B will wear the York tiara if their mother hasn't sold it

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i would love to see this poll broken down to peeps who live within the commonwealth and the peeps who do not
its a big deal getting a new head of state for the first time in 70 years and its a once in a lifetime event for a lot of people

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in the U.S. @Daisys and Diamonds .

I've always been fascinated with the monarchy. Not sure why.:loopy:

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
i would love to see this poll broken down to peeps who live within the commonwealth and the peeps who do not
its a big deal getting a new head of state for the first time in 70 years and its a once in a lifetime event for a lot of people

I'm in the US and voted no. I have no interest, but in no way wish to diminish it for those of you who do. I just don't imagine anyone not in the US would really care much about the ceremonies for a new president of ours.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm in the US and voted no. I have no interest, but in no way wish to diminish it for those of you who do. I just don't imagine anyone not in the US would really care much about the ceremonies for a new president of ours.

i was always a bit of a freaky kid
i used to stay up on Thursday night and watch foreign correspondent on tv

and have watched the inorgriations when ever i could
and the presidental elections always since Mr Reagan beat Mr Carter (i was 10)

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I watched Obama and Biden, but I don't really remember watching any others.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No. And that's a hard no.

Apart from his environmental work, I'm not a fan of him personally and think Australia should have been a republic many years ago. Someone who can't handle a leaking pen seems unlikely to be able to balance a role in global politics. He's been very well trained for the position, but with the Queen, it felt as tho it came from the heart. With Charles, not so much.

I think the royal family does a great deal of good with their patronages and in raising awareness on all sorts of issues, but I think their credibility as something 'rather above the common' passed with Queen Elizabeth II, and all the gossip that has come out in the last 40 years, even if you divide by a hundred and believe half of it, is unsavory, at best. I do think they're a worthwhile institution, but all this Your Majesty this, and Lord and Lady that for people who seem morally questionable and largely unlikeable is just delusional. I think there's a great deal of entitlement there, and to have someone from another country as Australia's head of state is just crazy.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm in the U.S. and dont even care much about our presidential ceremonies!:lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only for the crowns and jewels

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ordered a tri colour sash with a silver tassel with no printed wordings so that I could re-use it for future events if appropriate.

I shall secure it to my top using the 75mm button batch with the coronation emblem.

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
Live in the US so most likely will be watching snippets, after the fact.
I do love to see all --beautiful-- jewels!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Couldn’t care less…

I don’t understand why people want to celebrate a monarchy in 2023. Why in God’s name would anyone want to be a subject of a monarch instead of a free citizen? I find it truly bizarre.

(no discussion wanted. Will not reply)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Outfit fitting on Wednesday, and I shall bring some of my pearls along for try out.

Can't wait!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results