shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you expect you'll watch King Charles III's coronation May 6?

• Absolutely Yes!

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Probably

Votes: 20 20.4%
  • Maybe. yes maybe no

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Probably not

Votes: 25 25.5%
  • Absolutely Not!

Votes: 22 22.4%

• Total voters

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

(I set up this poll so your vote is private.)

Last edited:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup - thought I might watch a replay rather than watching it in real time in the wee hours.

Among other things, I’m curious to see whether they’ll have the Stone of Scone there. We saw the real thing in Scotland, and we’ve seen the movie (Stone of Destiny) about the stone’s repatriation to Scotland. In fact, we might want to re-watch that before the coronation, just for fun.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the words of Mariah Carey "I don't know her". Will be a miss for me.

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
No, but only because I expect to be at a conference, not because I am purposefully avoiding it.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably not. Just not particularly interested.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably unavoidable since it will be all the news.

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, to see and hear Zadok the Priest performed as it should be.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I missed his mother’s as I wasn’t born yet so will watch this one! I have generally watched all the big events in the royal family, find it interesting and historic.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
im so excited !

ive been counting it down since new year
Because not only is Charles the king of NZ but also because we havnt had a corrination in a very long time
we have had three generation (Maybe more) who have only known the one Queen
we dont get a day off but the next day is sunday so i wont have to work after the very late night

images

i dont really care who isnt watching it, but you will miss out on a ton of lovelly jewels some that wont have seen the light of day for a very long time
its a huge thing for us historically and for the commonwealth, especially the realms where Charlie is king

i shell be happy in the company of my friends on the royal jewel thread and i have a tea set at the ready

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, not really interested.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely!

I was going to watch it at home on my own, like I did with the DoE and the late Queen's funerals.

However, I am now going to a big convention of the service charity club that I belong to so that I can celebrate with the others, driving 5h+ each way.

I looked at the programme and it has a themed red, white and blue party on the first night; time to watch the coronation live on a big screen for those who are interested; followed by a banquet.

What's not to like? Time to bring out the blings and PARTY!

I just remembered the need to get some flags to wave!

I was born a Brit in Hong Kong and am a monarchist. I cried the first time I sang God Save The King in public as I had sung God Save The Queen all my life.

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Absolutely!

I was going to watch it at home on my own, like I did with the DoE and the late Queen's funerals.

However, I am now going to a big convention of the service charity club that I belong to so that I can celebrate with the others, driving 5h+ each way.

I looked at the programme and it has a themed red, white and blue party on the first night; time to watch the coronation live on a big screen for those who are interested; followed by a banquet.

What's not to like? Time to bring out the blings and PARTY!

I just remembered the need to get some flags to wave!

I was born a Brit in Hong Kong and am a monarchist. I cried the first time I sang God Save The King in public as I had sung God Save The Queen all my life.

DK i wish i could join you
(i cried too)

HGar

Shiny_Rock
Heck yes! Proud Australian monarchy loving woman here! I missed the funeral as we were in transit from Houston - Dallas - NYC so there is no way I’m missing the coronation.

YouTube has some fantastic old reels of the last coronation plus my Dad had a book commemorating it (unfortunately now lost) that I adored reading over and over as a small child.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I won't likely be watching it as it happens. but I'm hoping to catch a recording somewhere after. I hope they'll do a recording o.o I'm hoping there will be some pretty sparkles to look at :D

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm interested only in the bling that will be on display so will wait until I can fast forward through a video.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll watch it, or listen to it in the background, if the TV is on. I doubt I'll tune into it intentionally just to watch it. But if it happens to be on when I'm in the room, I'll watch some of it.

KaeKae

Ideal_Rock
Premium

(I set up this poll so your vote is p
I'm sure I will. Or parts of it, I will.
I won't be getting up in the middle of the night to watch, but I'll watch a replay, or again, part of it
Curiositly, or the most part, for the majesty, the traditions and history, that are so different from our own (American) traditions, and of course for the bling that will be present

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heck yes! Proud Australian monarchy loving woman here! I missed the funeral as we were in transit from Houston - Dallas - NYC so there is no way I’m missing the coronation.

YouTube has some fantastic old reels of the last coronation plus my Dad had a book commemorating it (unfortunately now lost) that I adored reading over and over as a small child.

get on line
you will be able to find that book again on ebay and it wont even be that much

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just ordered a large button badge with the Coronation Emblem to wear on the day at the parties.

I was going to get some flags for waving, however, I suspect the organisers of the convention will be providing them for free, possibly with the date and location of event printed on them as a momento.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I’m washing my hair that day…

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Possibly, but given the amount of television I watch, I will probably forget and miss it altogether.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The tiara and band that I purchased to wear at the two parties I mentioned, both in white base metal:

il_1140xN.2419077483_bcqi.jpg il_1140xN.3462102109_pz8d.jpg

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to mention I believe it will be an once in a lifetime event for me personally, as I do not expect to live long enough to see William ascending the throne.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results