shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you ever wonder how the PS''ers who don''t post here any more are doing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know I do. I hope they''re all doing well.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yeah... I do. I miss some of them, too. But I usually assume that Real Life just got in their way
2.gif
and that they are OK.

On public forums like this, there is always such an inevitable "rolling" of posters (new ones coming, other ones leaving, etc.) it would seem to me that eventually everyone will *go* at some point. You know? *shrugs*

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Only two that I can think of at the moment.

Independent Gal - I wonder how she is doing since the loss of her twins.

Ephemery - I wonder if everything went well with her pregnancy.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I think about IG often--I sometimes search for her just to make sure I haven''t missed one of her posts.
I also think about Surfgirl, just wondering how she''s doing.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 12:04:11 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Only two that I can think of at the moment.

Independent Gal - I wonder how she is doing since the loss of her twins.

Ephemery - I wonder if everything went well with her pregnancy.
TG
Ditto. I often think of IG. Las I heard, she wanted to create a two stone project in commemoration of her little cubs. I hope she is doing well.

Surfgirl showed up on another forum - I saw her post yesterday, so she''s out there!

Now where on earth has Platinumrock got to? I think she''s a teacher, so perhaps she'' on her "hollies"

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, i periodically wonder where "Mine" is and how she''s doing. we both got spess e-rings around the same time and even though politically very different, i always had a soft spot for her.

mz

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
After being here six years, I''ve seen plenty of members come and go and sometimes don''t notice for months that they''ve left. I wonder which other forums/websites have replaced their webtime!

There was one couple who left and I recall the wife mentioning she noticed the amount of time she spent on PS was taking time away from her hobbies. . .both quit posting after that.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 12:27:10 PM
Author: MC
After being here six years, I''ve seen plenty of members come and go and sometimes don''t notice for months that they''ve left. I wonder which other forums/websites have replaced their webtime!

There was one couple who left and I recall the wife mentioning she noticed the amount of time she spent on PS was taking time away from her hobbies. . .both quit posting after that.
Yup, I think it''s safe to say that PS is my hobby these days - on the few rainy days I have time for a hobby!

I''d like to see Mrs Mitchell return as well.

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder about IG also. I read her post about losing her cubs the other day and sat crying at my computer. I hope she is well.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, many I miss and think of often....

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I am surprised sometimes when longtime posters just leave but I know I shouldn''t be. But sometimes your interested in whatever forum you are posting in just die. I was on a travel forum for about 6 years and a well known poster, and one day I just stopped. I just moved on.

That''s why I am so appreciative of Andrey and Ali continually growing this forum in ways that aren''t jewelry related. I would not be here as regularly if it weren''t for the Family forum. A lot of us have wanted reasons to stick around long after we got engaged with our perfect e-rings! We can still contribute to the community and also enjoy the many areas of support created for us.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I do wonder about eph (and IG). Also remember Sumbride from my wedding planning days. And Lisa from the TTC forum (her daughter was named olivia, but forgot her handle..maybe she is still here--but I don''t see her posts anymore). Then there were some infamous ones like Becky (she was on LIW and left after a pretty shocking discovery of her bf).

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I miss & wonder about Widget! And a few gals who check in now & then ... and many of the people already listed.

Wouldn''t it be great if there was a list of posters with a start date, end date & reason for leaving!

**sigh**

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
I wonder about IG for sure...

I also miss DoorKnobSolitaire. She could crack me up!

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I actually searched the other day also for Independent Gal to see if I missed any recent posts. I was just a lurker (but a pretty consistent and devoted lurker!) when she used to post here but I read everything that happened and I''ve been wondering how she''s doing.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 12:46:49 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Honestly, I am surprised sometimes when longtime posters just leave but I know I shouldn''t be. But sometimes your interested in whatever forum you are posting in just die. I was on a travel forum for about 6 years and a well known poster, and one day I just stopped. I just moved on.

That''s why I am so appreciative of Andrey and Ali continually growing this forum in ways that aren''t jewelry related. I would not be here as regularly if it weren''t for the Family forum. A lot of us have wanted reasons to stick around long after we got engaged with our perfect e-rings! We can still contribute to the community and also enjoy the many areas of support created for us.
Ditto that, its great to have other areas where we can chat and discuss other things. I am mainly in RT but I do enjoy the other forums also.

Elegant

Brilliant_Rock
I miss some people as well, though sometimes I understand why people leave.

I was a part of a Maltese forum when I was initially looking for a puppy, and after about 2 years of having my little Chanel, I just lost interest. There were other sections of the forum that were non-Maltese related, but I think something that contributed to me not returning were aggravating posters that just spoiled it for me with their rude comments no matter where they posted - very negative and crass. So I decided that I wasn''t going to waste my energy fighting my emotions by trying to ignore them. I also lost touch with this forum for a little bit because I was moving and had things that were on higher priority I suppose. Getting a job, working on my cover letter and resumes and sending them off to prospective employers, and trying to find somewhere to live that would take my dogs, etc. Life happens a lot of time. I don''t think they miss me as would be the same here.

I think people like the ones you all mentioned were a big part of this community and of course you are going to miss their input and personality and would sometimes wish that they would come back and give a little bit of feedback just to make sure the rest of the community wasn''t too worried, but definitely, life happens.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
I missed BlueRoses something fierce for the longest time. DoorKnobSolitaire also immediately came to miind. I cannot believe her story!!! Breaks my heart while laughing at her humor. I also sometimes wonder about CFlutist because I loved her Pear. GoldenGirl was the first LIW listkeeper - with the Golden Retriever avatar. MelissaSue and her wedding dress. GingerBcookie and Croi!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think about DoorKnobSolitaire from time to time, and IrishAngel, and several others whose screennames escape me at the moment. I took a PS break last summer for a couple of months but did not start a thread to say I wouldn''t be posting much or anything...it was just a life circumstance that made me want to avoid PS for a bit but I always knew I''d come back. Maybe we''ll see these posters here and there again someday.

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 12:51:16 PM
Author: janinegirly
I do wonder about eph (and IG). Also remember Sumbride from my wedding planning days. And Lisa from the TTC forum (her daughter was named olivia, but forgot her handle..maybe she is still here--but I don''t see her posts anymore). Then there were some infamous ones like Becky (she was on LIW and left after a pretty shocking discovery of her bf).
I also wonder about IG, Eph, Sumbride and Lisa. I recently did searches on all of them to see if they ever posted again and I just missed it. Another one who I miss is Diamondfan.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I wonder about:
Indygal
Independentgal
Diamondfan
sumbride
Becky

It''s kind of weird because I know a lot of us think it''s lame when people "announce" that they are leaving, but when they don''t I constantly wonder what the heck happened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/13/2009 1:42:24 PM
Author: luckystar112
I wonder about:
Indygal
Independentgal
Diamondfan
sumbride
Becky

It's kind of weird because I know a lot of us think it's lame when people 'announce' that they are leaving, but when they don't I constantly wonder what the heck happened.
DiamondFan is great, busy doing other things! I don't know about the other ladies, I hope all is well with them.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I have wondered about Reena, Diamondfan, Widget and a host of others who I bet I''d recognize their jewelry
There used to be a poster I think LAJennifer or maybe just Jennifer. She always had the neatest finds in jewelry. (and shoes)
And DiamondDiane (??), who had the gorgeous collection of rings.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 5:17:03 PM
Author: bebe
I have wondered about Reena, Diamondfan, Widget and a host of others who I bet I''d recognize their jewelry
There used to be a poster I think LAJennifer or maybe just Jennifer. She always had the neatest finds in jewelry. (and shoes)
And DiamondDiane (??), who had the gorgeous collection of rings.
if you mean LAJennifer, she''s still around...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear from Doorknobsolitaire now and then. She cracks me up.

I miss belle a lot. She and I joined at the same time. She taught me a lot.

And Widget... Love all her pieces, she had great taste.

Firegoddess, I have no clue where she went. but I miss her...

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
I sometimes wonder what''s up with Researcher, Matatora and Selflove- we were all LIW''s around the same time.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/13/2009 7:08:15 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
I sometimes wonder what''s up with Researcher, Matatora and Selflove- we were all LIW''s around the same time.

Ditto! And Indygal and her cubs.. and Ephemery (sometimes I thought maybe I would see her wandering around Philly with a stroller
20.gif
)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I miss Widget too. She popped in at Christmas time to say hello. She said she was coming back, but I haven''t seen her since. I loved her pieces.

I also miss IG too, I hope she and her husband are doing well.

I miss DiamondFan, but I know she is happy and enjoying herself.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
The two I miss the most are Surfgirl and DKS. Surfgirl''s beautiful ring started my obsession with old cuts, and I miss her straighttalking style.

I miss DKS''s zany humour - she always knew how to lighten the mood if a thread got too angsty.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I miss many of the PS'ers that have gone, especially the personalities of L & I, belle and widget.

eta: firegoddess is such a sweetie!... my partner in global warming....I miss her too and hope her Mom is well!

And Madam, may I say that I am glad you have stuck around all these years!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results