carat
color
clarity

Do you eat chips or drink soda?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
These replies are so interesting!
But I think that PSers are not the target audience for chips. Maybe gourmet chips!
We all seem to have soda and chips in moderation, due to most of us being health conscious.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy - before I clicked on the photo, I thought "Chips in ice cream? What?? Urghhhh!" But then all was revealed!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't stand artificial sweeteners, so I would drink the real thing with sugar very occasionally, or nothing at all.

I have been diluting a dash of squash like the original Ribena, strawberry syrup or lime cordial etc., with sparkling spring water at home instead of sodas/pops.

I do like a proper ice cream soda float with either Coke or Schweppes cream soda with good vanilla ice cream, with or without a large glug of vanilla Vodka! :lol-2:

DK :))

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy chips every once in a while. I like lays potato chips and pringles regular flavor.
I do t drink soda but I do love the flavored seltzer waters like la croix. I buy a box or two a month.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These replies are so interesting!
But I think that PSers are not the target audience for chips. Maybe gourmet chips!
We all seem to have soda and chips in moderation, due to most of us being health conscious.

Chips/crisps are one of the savoury snacks that I like, others include popcorn, Bombay mix, pork scratchings, peanut puffs, cheese puffs, corn chips, pretzels, roasted nuts etc. etc...

I often buy the snacks I fancy while out and about, trying new flavours etc., put them away and forget about them.

From time to time I have to do a purge to throw out the long-expired ones.

DK :oops2:

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do drink Coke Zero occasionally. I only really eat chips/crisps at barbecues or parties.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
Never drink soda but I love chips. This thread is great timing as I saw and ad for Aldi advertising "British" treats Wednesday. Prawn cocktail here I come:lickout:

JoeQueen

Rough_Rock
I rarely eat chips because I don’t really eat snacks. But, I do indulge in a can of Coke or Sprite at least once per week. The sugar content is high, but I just think of it as being only 140 calories per can. It’s like a treat for me. The effervescence is what makes me want a soda. The fizzier, the better.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No pop unless it is tonic with gin. I don't mind chips--I've always bought them b/c my DH asked me to--but they are not a game changer for me. Now popcorn and pretzels--that is another matter!

cheers--Sharon

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Soda - very rarely. Most of it is too sweet for me. I’d probably drink Reed’s ginger ale regularly though if it was more readily available, though.

We eat generic corn tortilla chips regularly, as in almost daily. Usually without dip, but sometimes we’ll whip up some guacamole to “go with.” I LOVE most potato chips and eat way too many of them when they’re around. Fortunately I have no problem leaving them on the shelf at the store!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

No pop unless it is tonic with gin. I don't mind chips--I've always bought them b/c my DH asked me to--but they are not a game changer for me. Now popcorn and pretzels--that is another matter!

cheers--Sharon

Ahh yes popcorn. Count me in.
And yes to Tangueray and tonic please. ❤️

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate fizzy drink
it goes up my nose
especially hate coke
will have a sparkling duet about once a year - less bubbles
Now chips - i do enjoy a packet of chicken chips

i mostly see them (both fizzy and chips) just in their isle in the super market or on an end if they are on special
There are plenty to choose from
fizzy drinks the same but they do have the smaller sizes in fridges near the checkouts

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE potato chips so I don’t buy them often. I had my food delivered for over a year so no potato chips..I think I will break down and buy the little bag by the cash register now that I’m shopping again. No soda for me..Zero Vitamin water açaí blueberry-pomegranate..no other flavors..lol

I find delivery is great because there are no impulse buys
we have never bought so little junk food

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
I'm afraid I drink diet Pepsi too often. My taste is juvenile. I love anything salty and eat salt & vinegar chips every weekend.

Efleon

Brilliant_Rock
No soda.
Ever.
Well, in college I drank at least two or three a day but not for the last 30 years.
Chips occasionally but I prefer a nice big bowl of Pirate Booty!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't ever drink soda, I stick to water and tea (OK, and red wine :mrgreen:). I love chips but don't keep them in the house, otherwise I'd just eat them all the time! They're a party/occasion food for us, but my kids and I love plain popcorn too, so we always have that on hand for a snack. But oh my, chippies are so good.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
a nice big bowl of Pirate Booty

I see this product all the time, but have never tried it.
The colorful pirate on the front makes me laugh!
Maybe I should get some.......or would I be sorry???

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I see this product all the time, but have never tried it.
The colorful pirate on the front makes me laugh!
Maybe I should get some.......or would I be sorry???

I think it tastes like styrofoam with fake cheese. I tried it when I was doing Weight Watchers years back. I still dislike it today.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it tastes like styrofoam with fake cheese. I tried it when I was doing Weight Watchers years back. I still dislike it today.

OK! Thanks for clarifying!
I almost thought you were serious :lol:

I used to eat chips ALL THE TIME as a kid, especially because growing up in India we had such amazing chip flavours that you can’t get anywhere else in the world. Super addictive.

I gave up potatoes and corn a few years ago, so I haven’t eaten chips in years. Diet soda though, that is my biggest vice. I probably go through a can daily.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Salt and vinegar crisps where the vinegar is super sour :kiss2: I had some once that were so vinegary and I’ll forever be chasing that dragon…
Soda yes to plain soda water but hell no to flavoured soda. It’s so revoltingly sweet.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I can't eat fatty foods, so no chips for me, but I think I am addicted to Coca-Cola...I adore the stuff! I know it is bad for me, but I can't seem to quit it. I like to pop open a can and drop in a whole clove for a spicy drink...it also settles my stomach when I am ill...

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't eat fatty foods, so no chips for me, but I think I am addicted to Coca-Cola...I adore the stuff! I know it is bad for me, but I can't seem to quit it. I like to pop open a can and drop in a whole clove for a spicy drink...it also settles my stomach when I am ill...

Perhaps you would enjoy this new TicTac flavor!
IMG_20210623_101637681.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diet Pepsi it Coke Zero. One daily. And tortilla chips and salsa once or twice a week. Potato chips— when I have a sandwich—like 10 chips.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very rarely. I like a good local root beer from time to time. Maybe once or twice a year, but often less than that even.
Chips I have on the occasion I make nachos (maybe three times a year or so) or if we are having sandwiches at the airport. The ones I eat with a sandwich are the popped ones with less salt and very little oil. 100 calories per small pack.

ETA: I just took a sip of my Italian soda. Forgot about them! I like them from the Italian restaurant an hour away. If we are getting pizza for dinner, I will get one of those.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results