shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you Dream

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
in plots? As in... Novel like storylines?

I do.

I have really long, detailed dreams ... and the strange thing is... these are the only dreams I remember. I know I have other dreams, but none of them stick like these do.

Sometimes I wake up and jot down my dreams and we are talking a 7 page outline for full length novel.

Is this common?

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yeah sometimes. I have weird dreams too and sometimes the same theme over and over again.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a huge fan of dream journaling. Some of my dreams are a single-theme novel length and others are many consecutive small dreams that interplay and create a series of chapters in a story. Others are just fragments.

I usually try and interpret my dreams, especially when there are reoccuring themes. In a long seven-page dream that you''re having, there is, mostly likely, a message or bit of info to help in your life.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
There were vampires involved in the last one I had.
33.gif
As in; Hubba Hubba vampires. That are good guys. Like a fanstasy/sci fi novel.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh! What were they doing? Are you feeling drained at all either physically or mentally? lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have adventure dreams... there''s almost always a plot. A recent dream I had, I wanted a tattoo on my lower abdomen and I went all over the place and the best I could find was someone who would do a carving/scar type and so I went for it and was too chicken to look but after it was all bandaged I went around asking people to look at it for me and tell me what it said and no one would because it was too gross and it was really starting to hurt like the pain from my c-sections and I finally was like okay I''ll look myself so I took off the bandages, and (relative to my eyes) upside down across my belly was carved, "This is gonna hurt" LMAO!! NO clue what the great meaning in it all was but when I read it I woke up because it was so funny to me and I typed it out on my phone before I went back to sleep LOL

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 6:38:05 PM
Author: MC
oooh! What were they doing? Are you feeling drained at all either physically or mentally? lol

LOL
9.gif
. I don't remember what they were doing without my notes... it several days ago. It was an action adventure though... they were hunted or something.

diamondsrock

Brilliant_Rock
I do dream in novel type stories as well. Often they are extremely detailed and interesting, but about 10 mintues after I wake up I forget most of them. I should write them down.

The most interesting type of dream I've had is the type where I know I'm dreaming and I control what goes on in the dream. I think it's called lucid dreaming?. I'll be in the dream and see a famous celebrity or something and want to go up to them but I'm too afraid, then I say to myself, what the heck, I'm dreaming, right? Not every dream is like this but some are and they are really really fun. It's like I'm in a fantasy world and I can control the story.

I've had other dreams in which my surroundings are so incredibly detailed that I can't believe it's a dream. Once I dreamt that I went to England on a plane and shopped around a huge antique store. I must have spent an hour in that store looking at various items, etc. It was so realistic!!! How on earth did my brain even make up all those items? I've never been to an antique store that big (it was like a warehouse) and it was like dreamland shopping. I've had other dreams where I'm looking around thinking, wow, this is so realistic, look at those mountains and trees, knowing that I'm actually asleep right now. Pretty wild.

Dreams are fascinating!

larussel03

Brilliant_Rock
I had a storyline dream the other night! Started with being excited about my wedding, having 2 dresses that I''d already ordered to choose from then realizeing I FORGOT to ship both dresses to my wedding destination. After much freaking out, I decided to wear a prom dress and realized it wasn''t such a big deal. So plot, resolution...think that counts as a storyline dream haha.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
anyone dream that they can''t wake up? i have those. not fun.

i dream in layers too. totally b/c of work. as a graphic designer i use a couple of programs that work in layers. it''s so funny b/c in my dreams things happening are in layers. and if i don''t like something, i hit the "undo" button. not a real button, but that''s what my brain is telling me, "hey, just undo that last action." i know, totally random.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
When I am exhausted I dream lots. I even have dreams that wake me and take my breath away when they are scarey.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
I do that a lot, even though sometimes the plot twists don''t make much sense. I''ve been having a few FILs nightmares recently...
32.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/16/2007 8:55:57 PM
Author: diamondsrock
I do dream in novel type stories as well. Often they are extremely detailed and interesting, but about 10 mintues after I wake up I forget most of them. I should write them down.

The most interesting type of dream I''ve had is the type where I know I''m dreaming and I control what goes on in the dream. I think it''s called lucid dreaming?. I''ll be in the dream and see a famous celebrity or something and want to go up to them but I''m too afraid, then I say to myself, what the heck, I''m dreaming, right? Not every dream is like this but some are and they are really really fun. It''s like I''m in a fantasy world and I can control the story.

I''ve had other dreams in which my surroundings are so incredibly detailed that I can''t believe it''s a dream. Once I dreamt that I went to England on a plane and shopped around a huge antique store. I must have spent an hour in that store looking at various items, etc. It was so realistic!!! How on earth did my brain even make up all those items? I''ve never been to an antique store that big (it was like a warehouse) and it was like dreamland shopping. I''ve had other dreams where I''m looking around thinking, wow, this is so realistic, look at those mountains and trees, knowing that I''m actually asleep right now. Pretty wild.

Dreams are fascinating!
I''ve had dreams about going into antique stores, too! They also were really detailed. In one I went to look in the case, looked at several things in detail, then decided on something, asked them to hold it while I went shopping elsewhere because I didn''t want to carry it with me in the streets! Then later on I went back for it. Very bizarre, and very realistic. Right down to dim lighting and musty smelling Victorian furniture, or in the case above, very bright lighting and there was a jeweler there wearing his eye piece (I have NO idea what those sort of glasses/goggle looking things are called).

BTW, I LOVE your avatar. What a precious doggie! (Looks like a smart one, too.)

blingless

Rough_Rock
I can't remember having a single dream since childhood. I can remember some of my childhood dreams but nothing as an adult. It might be related to my inability to sleep more than a few hour each day. Its all a bit wierd and has botherd me but I'm afraid to ask anyone about it. If anybody has any info about the inability to dream or sleep more than 4 hours a day please share.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
I do, but not every night. Sometimes I wake up from a particularly interesting one and think that would make a good movie plot. But then I forget it.

As far as the nightmares go, I stopped having them when I stopped watching gory crime TV shows like Medium.

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I dream in story plots all the time, and they are very vivid too! So glad I'm not the only one! Does anyone dream they are different characters too? Sometimes I am a woman, or a man, a child, an alien secretly investigating another planet (VERY strange dream!), a spirtual being (ie. "angel" / "demon"), etc...?? I've even been different animals...once I dreamt I was a field mouse who was caught by an owl, I then was the owl feeding my young the mouse, and the whole dream continued on in a food chain...

...I think I need to cut down on reading sci-fi and fantasy novels...lol.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results