shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you consider your dogs and cats as your kids?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I consider my dogs as my "kids." Very happy that my husband is just as in love with the dogs as I am. My grown children love dogs but are not as crazy about them as my and DH.

I honestly get such a kick out of my dogs and their personalities. My oldest dog is 14 and he loves to take at least a one mile walk every day year round. He is a rescue and he didn't like women when we first got him. He would give me dirty looks when I walked in the room and sidle up to my husband. My husband would tease me about "his" dog. I told him "One day that dog will be mine."

The first year the dog decided he like me a little. Second year he got a bit friendly to me. Third year I started to talk baby talk to the dog and Viola! That was his weakness. :) By the fifth year the dog switched allegiances and became "my" dog. Now he will kiss me if I say "kisses" but refuses to kiss hubby. We always get a laugh over that. The dogs are so sweet, very playful and good humored and really just fun to have in our lives. I feel it is a luxury to be able to have dogs and feel very grateful.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not reading that article DF. Don't like clickbait. Our animals are part of the family and DH always calls me mom when he talks to the dogs. He is hilarious when he does it because they get so excited and talk back to him. Now if a human and a dog were in trouble I would help the human first because I believe that is what one should do but that doesn't mean I don't love my animals just as much as people.

Joule

Rough_Rock
No. My son is my kid, my dogs are pets, and my birds are colleagues. Each species has its own social structure, each individual requires a different kind of relationship with me, and together we make up a family. Only my son will be sent to college and allowed to live on his own in society.

That said, I don't think I have the right to tell other people how to refer to their pets.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not reading that article DF. Don't like clickbait. Our animals are part of the family and DH always calls me mom when he talks to the dogs. He is hilarious when he does it because they get so excited and talk back to him. Now if a human and a dog were in trouble I would help the human first because I believe that is what one should do but that doesn't mean I don't love my animals just as much as people.

omg me too! DH calls me "mom" or "mommy", and the dogs know the command "go to mommy!" They get very excited because they know what he's saying. It's amusing.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
omg me too! DH calls me "mom" or "mommy", and the dogs know the command "go to mommy!" They get very excited because they know what he's saying. It's amusing.

:lol: I have to say I do it too but he doesn't see it. When I hear him drive in I ask the dogs "Is dad home?" They lose their minds and run to the window by the front door whining like crazy looking for him!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! That's what he does to the dogs when I come home! Weirdly, I call him by his name to them (e.g. "go to NAME OF MY DH"). So we joke that I'm "mommy" and he's "uncle".

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
::)

Yup! We’re Mom and Dad to our little kiddo. We call FIL and MIL grandma and grandpa. We’re house hunting, and every choice about the house search needs to have space for him and future babies that are larger and need more running space. We work our a$$es off to make sure he has an amazing next few years of his lifespan. He sacraficed so much to be a good baby while Mom (me) was broke and in school the first half of his life. We spoil him & know it. He makes us so happy.

PumpkinOrange

Rough_Rock
My precious cat and her kitten and my hand wearing my priceless natural color vivid orange diamond ring from Leibish & Co. 2017-09-28 07.45.22.jpg

PumpkinOrange

Rough_Rock
B7E41100-C9E8-4405-ADE1-74281B57EE24.jpeg

Daddy and baby sleeping in on a Sunday AM

Strange I saw a similarly looking cute dog at the pet store a the mall with no pricetag so I assume they are expensive and I am tempted to inquire. Actually all our pets are given to us or rescued stray pets I couldn't count how many I rescued bcoz I believe you can't buy love and most pets I rescued are what most people will say as uglies with skin diseases.

My dream is to build shelters to stray pets and I hope I can convince lawmakers to threat animal cruelty as a serious crime and offenders should be punished accordingly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results