shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you and your hubbies ring color match? Yellow/White gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maia

Rough_Rock
I''m a lover of yellow gold simply because i have a tanned complexion and love how gold compliments my skin rather than how white gold contrasts my skin. However, my bf does not like yellow gold but is willing to wear it cause i wanted them to match. The things is he is darker than i am and white gold looks 10 times better on him than yellow gold does, so i told him i want him to have the band that looks best on him.

Anyone else out there like us with different color metal wedding bands?

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes - they''re both yellow gold BUT I''m getting mine changed and I''m thinking of changing his out at some point - he really is not a yellow gold sort of guy but I don''t think he''ll go for a change. We''re planning a rewnewal for our 25th so maybe then.... he really just doesn''t care at all what it looks like.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
My rings are WG and my DH''s ring is titanium- similar color. I have many friends where the wife''s set is WG or platinum and the husband''s band is yellow gold. It''s all about preference, skin tone, etc. Some guys really like the traditional YG band because it looks like their dad''s. I like the idea of matching bands, but it''s not a hard and fast rule either.

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
Ours won''t match. He''s getting a red gold band with a stripe of titanium and I''m getting an engraved palladium band. Red gold just looks so good with his skin!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
He has yellow gold and I have platinum. They are not the same design, but they are custom made by the same jeweler, so they look like they belong to the same family to me!
28.gif

Matchy is nice when it works out, but it is more important that you each wear what you love.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Our bands are the same color. Made out of old family bands that were melted down. So we won''t change them. My band isn''t a match looks wise of his, just metal wise. He actually has a nicely rounded band. Mine is more angular and looks better when worn with an ering.

Of course you can have two bands that look alike but are different metals. I think I''d like that. Whatever works for the two of you.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours are going to match, but I don''t see why yours *need* to match. If that''s what you both prefer, then I say go for it. You could always both have the same design engraved in it or something to make them feel more matchy.

sistagrl2004

Shiny_Rock
Ours don''t match. His is yg mine is platinum. We got what we wanted. No one ever commented.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think there is anything wrong with having WBs in different colors however ours kind of match. His is matte WG and mine is PLT. He came really close to getting a matte two tone then.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ours match, but I wouldn''t care if they didn''t. My set is platinum and I asked DH when I was getting his band what he wanted. He wanted white as well so we went with wg (he''d destroy the platinum in 2 seconds).

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
I have platinum and my husband has yellow gold. Mine has diamonds, his is plain except for a single milgrain.

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
I always thought matching wedding bands is a given? I guess I never imagined having his look really different than mine, maybe an old-fashioned vision from going to various weddings as a kid where plain matching bands were the thing. BF wants yellow gold, but my e-ring will be platinum and I have this strong desire that we match. Seems like most people here don't think matching is needed or even important . . . anyone think the opposite? I don't want to make him wear something to please me, it is his band and he should be happy with it but I can't seem to reconsile my desire to match our bands with my desire to have him be happy with his ring. Am I crazy for needing the "matching" thing?

poptart

Brilliant_Rock
My husband actually insisted that our bands match, but I could pick whatever band/engraving/design I wanted. I really like that they match, and I need to get a different band because this one is really to wide and thick for me, so I guess for his birthday or our anniversary we will both be getting new rings. Our rings are titanium with a celtic design, by the way.

*M*

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
How about something two tone?

hikerchick

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of 2-tone ring will go with a platinum e-ring? Or will the 2-tone ring just be for his band and I''d still have a platinum band?
Does anyone have a 2-tone wedding band with a fully platinum e-ring? Can you post pictures and does it look off in any way?

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I always thought that we would have matching w-bands, too. But my husband-to-be liked something different than what I wanted. I was surprised, and disappointed at first. Eventually, I got over the matching band idea. Think about it...matching bands or happy husband. No contest. I picked happy husband.

Now, there is a way to have both matching bands and a happy husband. You simply get the same w-band that he picks for himself. It may not look at all good with your very expensive e-ring, but you will have matching w-bands. If you don''t like that idea, then I suggest that matching bands isn''t as important as you think it is.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can''t see any reason for them to need to match unless you just want it that way. I didn''t want a masculine band and he surely didn''t want a thin band with little diamonds
2.gif
, so we each got what looks best on us! And we did both start out with yellow gold but my new rings are white metal. It never even crossed my mind for them to match, to be honest!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ours match. We have the same exact band in different sizes. At the time it was very important to me, but my husband didn''t seem to care either way. I probably would have loved to have a band with some diamonds, but I wanted my 4 mm YG band to match his 4 mm YG band.

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve never thought about having matching bands. I got what I wanted and hubby got what he wanted, so we''re both happy. Okay, we both chose platinum, but it wasn''t intentional. If either of us had wanted YG, it would have been fine too. I suggest you both choose your own rings, so you both love what''s on your own finger. That''s important.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
My husband has platinum and I have yellow gold.

My brother has yellow gold and his wife has platinum.

My father has yellow gold and my mother now wears platinum because her YG band bothered her finger.

My sister has platinum and her husband has white gold, which looks kind of yellowish.

My husband would have gotten YG to match me, but he prefered platinum and I also thought it looked better on him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results