shape
carat
color
clarity

Do women sleep with ring on?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mattm204

Rough_Rock
My fiance doesn''t know whether she should sleep with her ring on or not. Personally, I''m kind of worried that it will cause more wear and tear. I''m also worried about the diamond coming loose. What do most women do?

I''m also curious to know about working out too. She sometimes lifts weights.

Thanks

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
Hello!!! A very good question. I sleep with my ering and wedding band at night. If they are on me, I know where they are. I do, however, take off my rings to shower and wash my face. I work out with my rings unless I am using weights. If I plan to use weights I take them off because my rings rub onto the weight and god forbid I drop one on my ring! But, I also see many woman who wear them when using weights too! I also take off my rings when I am going swimming. As she begins to wear her diamond, she will get more of a feel of what her preferences are. You can damage a prong without doing anything rigorous. If she maintains her diamond by getting her prongs checked on a regular basis, she should be fine!!!! Enjoy!!!!!!!

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Sleeping shouldn't be a problem (though I never sleep with my e-ring, only my w-ring), but I'd take them off while lifting weights. For one, it's really uncomfortable having a weight pressing down on your rings. Also, unless you're wearing gloves, the metal on metal is going to scrape the bottom of your rings. My jeweler told me that one of his clients complained that the bottom of her die-struck, platinum rings was completely worn down--and then confessed that she never took them off, even when lifting heavy weights. Now, my jeweler gives each client a silver chain to put rings on when working out!

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I take my rings off for 99% of all atheletic activity, as well as when working around the house and garden and sleeping. Sleeping is mostly for comfort, but my theory is that if I lose a stone or ring in the water or on the golf course, it's gone for good. Plus, my fingers tend to swell witn exercise, and gloves are cumbersome with the e-ring stone, etc, etc.....

I chipped side stones and lost a prong in my first setting since I always wore my ring. After helping me pick out a "durable setting" my jeweler recommended that I not wear them for housework.

I've found a couple of simple ways that work for me to keep track of them when I take them off, and it makes wearing them even more of a treat to put them back on.

btw -- the chain is a great idea!
appl.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sleeping will not cause any additional wear and tear on a ring...unless she does metalwork in her sleep! However many women take off the rings when they sleep due to nighttime swelling. But if she wants to wear it, go for it! I tried and I felt uncomfortable esp because I tend to cradle my cheek on my hand and my ring tends to scratch (eternity type setting).

As for the diamond coming loose, my jeweler recommends getting prongs checked and/or tightened every 6 months. That is what we plan to do. That way there are no worries. But then again we also have insurance. And again unless she works with her hands alot, it will take alot for the diamond to loosen in its setting.

I personally do not like removing my ring during the day other than to put on lotion at my desk at work or to clean it in the morning. I don't want to forget where I put it or lose it. I even wear it while I garden outside. I wear it during my kickboxing workouts and have gotten used to making a fist with the diamond. I just can't hit the bag with it on! I wear it while lifting weights (but I don't do that too often), etc etc.

It really is a personal preference. However, I feel that the ring is something to be worn and worn well. Even if it gets abraded over time, that just means it's been loved. Prongs can be replaced, re-tightened, metal can be repolished, etc. I want my ring on my finger as much as possible...so it goes everywhere with me and does what I do!

Good luck
1.gif

Charmed

Shiny_Rock
Nicely put Mara!!!!

niki

Rough_Rock
Well I just got my e-ring 3 days ago, and you couldn't pry it off me for a second! I like to sleep with it and wake up seeing it in the morning. But I'm sure everyone is like that when they first get their ring.
9.gif
9.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
When I first got my e-ring (1985), I did not take it off either. I would stare at my hand frequently (even in the dark of night with the moonlight shining through the window). Now my e-ring spends the most time in a little dish in the kitchen. I slip it off when I'm at home and slip it on when I go out. It is annoying trying to cook, clean, sleep, dress a small child, etc. with it on, but I NEVER leave home without it!
9.gif
9.gif

Diamondlil

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I'm like diamondlil. I never leave home without it. I do wear it around the house when I am not doing something physical like gardening, cleaning, etc. If I am doing something physical, it lives in it's "house".

geoff&carrie

Rough_Rock
Isn't anyone worried about putting out their fiance's eye in the middle of the night?
eek.gif
I take mine off to sleep and do anything active... but I always know where it is at all times!

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
You could get a "ring tree"
Put it next to your bed
That way any fears
Will be out of your head!

wavey.gif
wavey.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 7/8/2003 9:12:27 AM geoff&carrie wrote:

Isn't anyone worried about putting out their fiance's eye in the middle of the night?
eek.gif
----------------

If something like that did happen it would mean that he was on MY side of the bed where he shouldn't be ..... well deserved?
6.gif

11.gif

Boulder

Shiny_Rock
9.gif
Nice one, Mara!
angryfire.gif

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Most of the time I take mine off cause of nighttime swelling. On occasion I've forgotten to take it off & in the morning it wont come off. haha
As for poking his eye out with it, well, like Mara said, he should stay on his side of the bed.
tongue.gif
Seriously though, I've never hurt him or hurt myself. And for wear & tear, wont happen during sleep.

Judy
:)

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
I don't wear my e-ring and wedding band at home. I take them off as soon as I get home but I always put them in the same place. I have a tall jewelry cabinet and I put them in the top drawer so that I know where they are.

I find it very uncomfortable wearing them for housework plus my fingers swell too in the morning. This also helps to reduce the wear and tear.
2.gif

trichrome

Shiny_Rock
A woman with just an e-ring on (no other cloths) is
more than delightful to look at.

Trichrome.

1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results