shape
carat
color
clarity

Do people ask you if your sapphire is an amethyst?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Do people ask you if your sapphire is an amethyst? (No disrespect to amethyst, btw.)

Do all sapphires go purple in indoor lighting?

When I wear my sapphire (of which I asked the vendor to find me one with little/no purple), people (in indoor lighting) ask if it''s an amethyst.
40.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 11:35:25 AM
Author:sonomacounty
Do people ask you if your sapphire is an amethyst? (No disrespect to amethyst, btw.)

When I wear my sapphire (of which I asked the vendor to find me one with little/no purple), people (in indoor lighting) ask if it''s an amethyst.
40.gif
I think a lot of purple stones are mistaken for amethyst, not because they''re not beautiful, but because many people only think that amethyst is the only purple gemstone. Chalk it up to ignorance on the general public. However, some purple stones, and some sapphires included, do resemble amethyst color.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TL.

Oh, I wanted to tell you - I forget which thread it was on - the photo you posted in reply to someone''s new stone - of all the people wearing sunglasses - was hysterical. It made me laugh. Also, that was so nice of you to find that photo for that person.
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 11:54:33 AM
Author: sonomacounty
Thanks TL.

Oh, I wanted to tell you - I forget which thread it was on - the photo you posted in reply to someone''s new stone - of all the people wearing sunglasses - was hysterical. It made me laugh. Also, that was so nice of you to find that photo for that person.
1.gif
Thanks, glad you liked it, and glad you had a good laugh.
9.gif
That was a response to Chrono''s amazing mandarin spessartite garnet, and how I imagined people would react to it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 11:35:25 AM
Author:sonomacounty

40.gif
I have a 3 stone anniversary ring with 2 round blue sapphires that has no purple. It doesn''t have a hint of purple indoors either. Wink picked them out for me.

I have seen purple sapphires and they don''t resemble amethysts at all. I guess most people are not aware that purple sapphires exist, or that there are purple stones other than amethysts.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 12:07:45 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 3/29/2009 11:54:33 AM
Author: sonomacounty
Thanks TL.

1.gif
Thanks, glad you liked it, and glad you had a good laugh.
9.gif
That was a response to Chrono''s amazing mandarin spessartite garnet, and how I imagined people would react to it.
TL,
I had a good chuckle too. Where did you find that picture?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not an amethyst but they always ask if my color change is a tanzanite.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks all. Thanks Michelle !

Chrono: " It doesn''t have a hint of purple indoors either. Wink picked them out for me." I''m realizing that is what happens when people go with a top vendor and ask for their expert advice.

Thanks.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 5:00:37 PM
Author: Chrono

TL,
You''re going to laugh even harder now. It''s a picture of people observing a nuclear test. They need to wear special black glasses to view the blast.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/29/2009 10:35:11 PM

TL,
You''re going to laugh even harder now. It''s a picture of people observing a nuclear test. They need to wear special black glasses to view the blast.
That''s really cool although I hope my stone isn''t radioactive.
9.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/30/2009 10:41:07 PM

Date: 3/29/2009 10:35:11 PM

TL,
That''s really cool although I hope my stone isn''t radioactive.
9.gif
Well it does glow!!
emidea.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results