shape
carat
color
clarity

Do palladium earring settings exist yet? (or any other hypoallergenic white metal)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve gotten a few quotes...one from Whiteflash, and one from Artisans here in PDX to reset my princess cut diamonds into platinum baskets since I''m allergic to my white gold settings. (yes, they''ve been rhodium dipped..no help).

Both are more than I want to spend, and I''m wondering if there is another hypoallergenic alternative that isn''t going to cost me $300. (I just don''t feel like shelling out for something you can''t see)

does anyone make palladium settings? are there other hypoallergenic white metals out there? why do my white gold hoops and blue topaz studs not bother me?

sigh...

Thanks!

Jeannine

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I belive Whiteflash's standard white gold does not contain nickel, so you should have no problems.

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
Yes they do exist on the market but they''re hard to find. They can be hand fabricated as well but not screw backs.

divergrrl

Ideal_Rock
I have tension back settings now & I prefer those.

I should ask about "other" white golds. If someone can tell me what the content of the setting is, that might help.

I sure with my hoops & gemstone studs had a "nutrition information" label so I could see what my ears are eating.
3.gif
Because THOSE white gold puppies don''t hurt me!

Jeannine

Adylon

Shiny_Rock
tension backs are not too hard to fabricate... they can be made of 950 palladium wire.

14k white made of nickel alloys is the bad stuff for ears.... 14k white with palladium is fine for most women.... I'm suprirsed you're earrings have nickel in them, get the other ones and you should be fine.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
knoxjewelers.biz created a couple of things for me in palladium, so they could definitely *make* you some...doubt it would be under $300 though for custom. Worth giving them a call though, they are pretty reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results