shape
carat
color
clarity

Do Other People FLIRT With Your SO?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Since DF asked for more topics, here's one;

Do other people flirt with your SO? Give an example.

A couple of weeks ago, DH was buying me a surprise bouquet at the grocery store (after 32 years, how sweet is that?), and he was surprised at how many women smiled and made little remarks at him, like "lucky girl!", and "you're so sweet". One of them even followed him to the checkout and out of the store and then started talking to him about his car, saying she would like one, etc. When he mentioned "my wife", she stopped abruptly and walked off.

DH is now pushing this technique for single guys; carry flowers around the grocery store. :lol:

I think he's getting more attention in the last few years because he's a silver fox. Apparently there are not a lot of older guys without wedding rings on (yes, we've talked about this, but I think he secretly likes the attention :) ). Lately, there have been lots of ladies that chat with him while we're out shopping and when I appear, they scurry off. Doesn't bother me, doesn't seem to impress him too much, he's kind of bewildered. :lol:

Let's hear your stories! :appl:

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Nobody who has lived to tell about it! :angryfire: :angryfire: :cheeky:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We went to a pool party hosted by a gay couple that my SO knew BK, before Kenny.
One of the guys was very flirty with my SO.
I was annoyed.

I'm sure nothing became of it ... but I suspect something may have 'transpired' BK.
If so, that my SO would remain close friends and we'd attend such a party was borderline to me.
But this gets into a controversial can of worms regarding whether gay couples should emulate straight couples etc. etc. etc.

I was surprised and a bit ashamed at myself for being bothered.
I think a bit of flirting is okay ... just a bit ... if it's all in fun.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Sometimes when we go to dinner just the two of us, I'll notice that a female server might be flirty with him, which I get can be a tactic to get a better tip, except for the fact that 50% of the time I'm the one paying sooooo....

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if I'd call it flirting, but my partner has a few female friends that he knew before me (and had 'crushes' on), and while I don't think it's FLIRTY, it's a bit... comfortable. It's certainly not how you'd act with a stranger. I don't really care (anymore!). We've been together forever, and I know all of these women and I know they mean no harm. It actually used to really bother me, but I've grown a bit. A very small bit haha.

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sonnyjane|1454095410|3983666 said:
Sometimes when we go to dinner just the two of us, I'll notice that a female server might be flirty with him, which I get can be a tactic to get a better tip, except for the fact that 50% of the time I'm the one paying sooooo....
Haha - I always say when he gives a nice tip 'Wow, she wasn't *that* pretty, was she?'

Rockinruby

Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10|1454093958|3983656 said:
Nobody who has lived to tell about it! :angryfire: :angryfire: :cheeky:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HE claims that he sees X or Y checking him out but just as I am oblivious to men, I am also oblivious to women, so I don't know whether the women are really flirting with him or it's just him thinking he's still hot and that he's imagining they are flirting with him. :lol:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Little old ladies LOVE my husband. Did I say LOVE? I mean ADORE him. I don't know what it is. He's a very nice looking, forty year old man. He's very kind and maybe the little old ladies sense it?

I'm ok with it. :bigsmile:

RissaLou

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My DH is a restaurant manager, and his female staff flirts with him a lot, I know it's just because they are trying to suck up and get the schedules and sections that they prefer, but I find it irritating.

That's about it though, I don't notice it much outside of the restaurant.

But on the flip side I've been accused (by friends not DH) of flirting with other men in social settings, which bewildered me because I thought I was just being genuinely nice and making conversation. Sometimes I feel like "being nice" to another person who is attracted to you can be misinterpreted. For this reason I never touch (like hands on arms or shoulders or anything that can seem like flirting), other people (even women, because twice now I've even had women think I was flirting).

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it when girls flirt with my FI. Am I weird? It validates that he's worth flirting with, and I have a catch! Unfortunately, the opportunity doesn't happen often as he works with a bunch of techy nerdy guys! I keep fixing his fashion and his looks. I love showing him off. He's SO handsome to me :love:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, people do not flirt with my DH. period. Drop him off at a cat shelter. OMG. All over him.... Kitties wanting some loving. IDK... He's my... Cat daddy?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Women flirt with DH, but I don't mind. I'm flattered that they must think he's attractive.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, and it is HILARIOUS. He attracts the crazies, too. :lol:

Q

Queenie60

My husband is very charming and easy to talk to . Needless to say, the ladies like that! Yes, a bit flirty but I don't mind as we've been together for 31 years.

chemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Yes!!!! He is a nice guy and very sociable. One time he was on the subway and recognized a girl from our neighborhood struggling with boxes. He helped her carry them to her house and the next thing you know she's showing up at our place with cookies and treats. He's so clueless that when she asked if he wanted to sub on her volleyball team he said yes and gave her his number. He was shocked at the texts he ended up with. Ran over to me all freaked out wondering what he did to bring that on.

He also gets hit on by 20 year olds when he's in my car. Gold diggers, if they only knew...

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep, all the time and from both guys and girls. We used to work behind a bar together a long time ago that would have topless waitresses a couple days a week and my wife's 'assets' got her more attention than the waitresses would get sometimes. Even the waitresses would flirt with her and say they were jealous of her natural gifts.

I was fine with it, gave me a good tickle at the time. Still does :bigsmile:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes. I am fine with it though. He is a handsome salt & pepper guy who is oblivious and when I point it out to him he gets embarrassed. "What do they think? I am an old married man." Yes you are dear, I reply. He is the Tool Manager at our Lowe's and all the young chickies working there flirt him up all the time. Hilarious. :lol:

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Yes. Dh is in incredible shape for 43. He is a gym rat like me. I don't mind the harmless flirting with the softball moms and my friends because they do it in front of me, so I think it is pretty harmless teasing. I also know that Dh is man's man, and has never really flirted back, nor does he hang out with female friends. He is all about football, basketball and all sports. If a hot chick walked in front of him while a good game is on, he's probably tell her to scoot out the way!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never seen it in person but I assume it happens sometimes. I find him attractive so other women must as well.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes. He is usually oblivious to it. People in general are intimidated by him, and there are some women who are attracted to that-I am, obviously haha. Since becoming an officer, it has increased. People who know one of us, when meeting the other, are sometimes confused, until they see us together. There are LE "groupies" I guess you could call them. One in particular, it took quite a bit to get him to see what I was pointing out. Then once he started to think about it, it dawned on him-he's just not used to being hit on to that extent.

It doesn't bother me, normally. I'm married to him, he comes home to me, nothing's going to happen, it's harmless and I know it's nice to feel like you're "still" attractive. That one tho...it was SO blatant and SO obvious and SO completely disrespectful to ME, I had to put my foot down.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to hang back and observe. It's very amusing. DH is friendly and doesn't get it. Usually at larger gatherings where we don't know everyone, I don't try to hard to initiate conversations. I get tired in large group settings, and trying to make conversation with a stranger just because I should mentally exhausts me. DH is much more open and friendly, so I think people (women and men) respond to him. One time, after DH had a longish conversation with a woman, I think she was taken aback when he mentioned that he had a wife. I was yawning when he introduced me cause I had dozed off on the couch.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1454125695|3983896 said:
I like to hang back and observe. It's very amusing. DH is friendly and doesn't get it. Usually at larger gatherings where we don't know everyone, I don't try to hard to initiate conversations. I get tired in large group settings, and trying to make conversation with a stranger just because I should mentally exhausts me. DH is much more open and friendly, so I think people (women and men) respond to him. One time, after DH had a longish conversation with a woman, I think she was taken aback when he mentioned that he had a wife. I was yawning when he introduced me cause I had dozed off on the couch.

Haha, yes you could have been describing my dh. He is very friendly and outgoing and people gravitate towards him. Both men and women. And yes I have seen more than a few women flirting with him when they didn't realize I was around lol.

I remember one time I actually got pissed because the woman flirting with him was so forward and blatantly flirting and touching him (not cool) but my dh put a stop to that and then I magically appeared and smiled sweetly at her as I was introduced by another friend there as Greg's wife. :lol: Honestly at first I was pissed (but on the outside all you could see was sweetness and light coming from me because I wasn't going to give her the satisfaction and she was quite shocked enough that his wife was there haha) but in hindsight (and after talking about it with my dh) I laugh about that now.

My dh is well aware that I am not a fan of flirting in general so he doesn't do it with women but yes there are times when women will flirt with him. He never reciprocates and he always behaves like a gentleman and I have become less uncomfortable with the fact that some women are just going to flirt period.

So it seems I am a bit more possessive of my dh in this way whereas many PSers seem cool with and even enjoy others flirting with their DHs and SOs. Interesting. 8)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
House Cat|1454096113|3983677 said:
Little old ladies LOVE my husband. Did I say LOVE? I mean ADORE him. I don't know what it is. He's a very nice looking, forty year old man. He's very kind and maybe the little old ladies sense it?

I'm ok with it. :bigsmile:

I am a little old lady who would be happy to bring him some corn meal souffle. :saint: You can have some too House Cat. :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon LOL

(and no, I am not a flirt!)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
packrat|1454118006|3983825 said:
Yes. He is usually oblivious to it. People in general are intimidated by him, and there are some women who are attracted to that-I am, obviously haha. Since becoming an officer, it has increased. People who know one of us, when meeting the other, are sometimes confused, until they see us together. There are LE "groupies" I guess you could call them. One in particular, it took quite a bit to get him to see what I was pointing out. Then once he started to think about it, it dawned on him-he's just not used to being hit on to that extent.

It doesn't bother me, normally. I'm married to him, he comes home to me, nothing's going to happen, it's harmless and I know it's nice to feel like you're "still" attractive. That one tho...it was SO blatant and SO obvious and SO completely disrespectful to ME, I had to put my foot down.

Badge Bunnies! :lol:

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
More now that he's older.

He is definitely more handsome now and I definitely notice older women looking at him adoringly (and yes I'm sure part of it is that he is so nice.)

There was one woman (much younger than me) who flirted with him quite blatantly and it was...annoying to me, not amusing...because we saw this person often and because I had never seen that happen to him before so it was...a little...threatening. But I worked on it and realized that one, this woman is kind of a flirt in general, and two, in a small and tiny way (haha) I tried to be kind of happy and amused for him. I think most men - unless they're gorgeous - don't get the kind of attention we as women are so used to and take for granted.

We haven't seen her for a while but I'm sure if we did she'd once again give him what I call googly eyes. :bigsmile: Not sure how I'd deal with it now since it's been a while. :devil: But I hope I could take it in stride and find it amusing again.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not that I know of... :bigsmile:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1454185597|3984262 said:
packrat|1454118006|3983825 said:

Badge Bunnies! :lol:

bahahahahaha I like that! He was ticked at me for telling my coworkers about her and the things she said but it was too good to keep to myself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results