do not laugh...do you have tricks to make the diamond look bigger

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
Hi!
My "problem": I''ve big hands with long fingers
14.gif
and long nails
1.gif
, my annular is long 10 cm with a 18 mm of diameter, it is not fat, I have large bones.
My ering on my hand seem so little
7.gif

Last day I saw a friend with her new ering that is 0.04 points bigger than mine (mine is 0.73, her is 0.77), but her diamond on her little hand seems to be a 1.50 ct
32.gif

Is it normal that a difference of 0.04 point is so visible? Or is it fault of my big hands?
Do you have any trick to make the diamond seems biggest? Except cut my fingers, sawing my bones and change the setting (that it is very confortable for me). An optical illusion?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
multi-stone ring, bezel or halo it, mount it higher up?

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
What type of setting do you have now? A halo or bezel will increase the look of your diamond. A thinner setting (band) will also give that illusion. Unfortunately, the size of ones finger does impact how large a diamond will look. We all envy those ladies with size 2.5 fingers!

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
I thought of a halo to attach and remove when I want, and I've described my idea of the removable setting to my jeweler but he said that it is not a secure setting.
I use my ering 24 hours at day, so my stone is in a simple, comfortable and secure setting.

@ms halo
4 double prongs

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
get those ring enhancers?

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
Ehm, google translate doesn't traslate well the phrase
5.gif

Could you explain me with other words please?
Sorry

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
It''s a good idea.
Thank you
9.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you don't mind a little humor. . .

000600ring.jpg

valchiria

Shiny_Rock
9.gif
it will be my new cellphone desktop

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not really a trick to make it look bigger but clean your stone often. A clean stone really refects the light so much better than a
dirty stone. I have larger fingers also ...not fat, just bigger bones. I have a pear shape stone which is suspose to help make a
stone look larger. I think it is kind of a trade off because you lose some of the light return qualities that a round stone gives you.

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I have a friend with large hands and long fingers. She has a split shank from Whiteflash and I think it looks quite nice as there is finger coverage on both sides of the center diamond. I don''t know if it makes the stone look larger but it makes the ring look more substantial. Her stone is a little bigger than yours and her ring size in an 8. I also think a 3 stone with pear side stones looks nice too. It fills up the space.

allegro_band_finger.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
I think the best solution is ballerina ring cause the halo is made with baguette.

526864_040.jpg

Lula

Ideal_Rock
If I had long fingers like yours, I''d consider setting my diamond in a wider band. Here is a thread with photos of a wide ring set with a diamond that is I believe about .80 carats.

flush set wide band

This is a more modern design with a flush set diamond.

There are many variations of wide bands with the diamond bezel set like the Tiffany Etoile

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/28/2010 4:46:33 PM
Author: kenny
If you don''t mind a little humor. . .

Kenny you are crazy! You even had my DH cracking up.
3.gif
36.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
From my own experience, adding small side stones tucked under the center really makes the whole she-bang feel and look a lot bigger on the hand.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results