shape
carat
color
clarity

Do jewelers charge a fee to perform a sarin analysis?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Info Seeker

Rough_Rock
When a consumer requests a sarin analysis from a jeweler, does the consumer normally have to foot the bill? If so, how much does an analysis usually cost?

I ask because I''m shopping for a round brilliant diamond, and I''ve narrowed it down to a two or three choices. One jeweler in my area offered to send out two stones for a sarin analysis without mentioning any cost to me. The other jeweler told me they would also be happy to send out a stone for sarin analysis, but at a cost of $75 to $100 per diamond.

Should I be paying for a sarin report? Any info on this topic would be much appreciated.

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Welcome to the forum Info Seeker

You should not have to pay for a Sarin report on the diamond you are considering. Of course if you are considering 10 diamonds and want a sarin on all 10, you might get charged. It would be best to narrow down your choices to one or two and let the sarin report be the tie breaker.
Good luck!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
Hey Info Seeker~

I found one diamond I was interested in that didn't have Sarin info. When I requested it, the seller said they would get it to me the next day. I never got the Sarin Report, and they didn't get my business.

I may be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that the Sarin evaluation is very nominal ($20 or so) in price. If you live where the diamonds would have to shipped out for a Sarin, that might add to the cost.

I feel that asking you to pay for the Sarin is similar to expecting you to buy Gasoline after you pay to have the Octane Rating test done. You pay for the test, decide not to buy the diamond, and they have the info readily available to pass on to the next customer that asks the same question.

Just my $0.02 worth.
2.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
A Sarin should be about 0 to 10$...

barry

Shiny_Rock
A Sarin should be part of the basic diamond information
package the jeweler provides his customer.

Sarin's basic model "Brilliant Eye" is an affordable
piece of machinery and will give you comprehensive
cut proportions on the diamond.

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Some dealers and retailers own the equipment and it costs $0 to run - 30 seconds - quicker than scanning a doc.

Some must courier the stone to another city or location and pay an independant lab, so $100 might be a fair price for the round trip.

It depends
1.gif

RubyBleu

Rough_Rock
Cut Nut is right. Takes less than 30 seconds but MOST Jewelers just don't have access to such machines (And they do cost some bucks - I have two - one cost us over $25 000 if I remember right.) Bottom line - don't expect a Sarin report. It's not particularly reasonable for every purchase.

RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results