shape
carat
color
clarity

Do it yourself highlights

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
My question is pertaining to the at home highlighting kits that I see advertised lately. I have never colored or highlighted my hair myself but I am looking for some ways to save some money lately and I was wondering about highlighting my hair myself. It makes me quite nervous because a professional has always done it but I figure the kits might be worth a shot. My hair is dark blond and my stylist does high- and lowlights when I go in. Right now, I am mostly concerned with the roots, though I would like some more definition throughout also. My hair is about half way down my back and no greys to cover yet. Just want to freshen up the color. Anyone care to recommend a great brand and/or any tips for a first timer. I don''t want to have to go back to my stylist to have her fix it!

~*Snow*~

Shiny_Rock
The one lesson I learned wheIi was 17 and decided to dye my hair blonde, was that in order to get to "blond" your hair turned has to go orange/yellow colour first... don''t panic and wask off the dye when your hair is at the orange stage... because it''s a pain in the butt to get fixed at the salon afterwards!
20.gif

But other then that i''ve done the at home highlights before and they work well! If you have someone who''s handy near by you can always have them weave the high lights in for you and just wrap them in tinfoil...

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
I''ve done home highlights, but my hair is dark brown, and I''ve never tried to do them to match highlight''s I''ve already had (I would worry about just doing the roots that it wouldn''t match up). I like the ones that have the pronged brush that you just run through your hair, not the caps that you pull strands of hair through.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results