shape
carat
color
clarity

Do I upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mike4

Rough_Rock

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Save up till you can make a bigger jump in size
1.gif

1.5ct at least.

Mike4

Rough_Rock

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ask your jeweler to run a sarin report and find out the crown and pavilion angles and post the results. It only makes sense to upgrade if you can get the best possibly cut stone w/in your budget. I think both sizes make a great upgrade from a .41, but neither make sense if you're replacing your wife's existing stone with a less than great cut stone, especially if you're spending 8,000
1.gif

Michelle

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 11/8/2003 12:20:20 PM MichelleCarmen wrote:

Ask your jeweler to run a sarin report and find out the crown and pavilion angles and post the results. It only makes sense to upgrade if you can get the best possibly cut stone w/in your budget. I think both sizes make a great upgrade from a .41, but neither make sense if you're replacing your wife's existing stone with a less than great cut stone, especially if you're spending 8,000
1.gif

Michelle ----------------

AGREED! You should give serious consideration to shopping with the online Vendors where all the info is known. Based on the price you quoted compared to Price Scope Price Stats, the 1.23 ct, D, SI1 would have to be a Hearts and Arrows diamond to be a fair deal from a local B&M. If it's a 1A CUT, it's over priced by about $1500. If it's not a 1A CUT then you are getting taken for a ride. That's based on the average PS Vendors are asking for similar carat weight diamonds.

Check out past Forum threads on various Price Scope Vendors. Read about other peoples' experiences. I personally bought from White Flash and they were great. Others have had equally good experiences with Good Old Gold, Nice Ice, SupebCert, DBOF, Dirt Cheap Diamonds, and many others. All the PS Vendors will get you the info you need to make a wise buying decision. And they aren't pushy!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results